Outdoors
Sponsored by

Walther P38

666 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by agfan2013
Fleff
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
i was given a Walther P38 AC43 36XXj by a family memeber. It seems to have all the correct marks, matching numbers, has some wear, and appears to have made it to civilian hands in England because it carries BNP stamps. There is no special family story, the gun was bought at a gun show, but I am fond of it because of the general world history. I was told it wasn't worth much but I think it has to be worth $800-$1500. Are there any OBers who have any general thoughts, ideas of value you wouldn't mind sharing?

I have no intention of selling, but was given three other older .22 variants in an effort to make an inheritance deal "fair" and I think I am actually way ahead. I did not care about monetary value, as we both got the gun we each wanted, but the giver was insistent. I imagine condition is going to mean everything, but hoping for a general idea.
agfan2013
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking at gunbroker I'd say your estimate is pretty close, if it's decent shape with some wear it's probably +/- $1,000. Glad that you value it for the history and are hanging on to it.

My grandfather sent one back during the war, as well as a few other pistols that my dad now has and I'm hoping will be passed down one day.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.