Outdoors
Sponsored by

Mounting DeerView Door/window on steel angle frame?

723 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AnScAggie
AgTech88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone mounted DeerView Door/windows on steel angle iron frame? Do I need to wood frame the openings or can they mount direct to the steel frame?

Also looking at an RV door - same question on mounting to steel or frame it out?

Door opening (inside/inside) 73 " tall x 22 " wide. Window openings

AgTech88
Jackrabbit Ag
AG
You hoarding Ozarka water again??

CS78
Ask on texasbowhunter.com. Lots of deerview users there.
AgTech88
AG
Jackrabbit Ag said:

You hoarding Ozarka water again??

Looks like it..... I just started installing the floor and I used construction adhesive first to help as a sealant. Needed the water bottles for extra weight while it cured. i will go back and screw/bolt it to the frame after everything cures/drys.
AgTech88
schmellba99
AG
I think you are going to have to block it because of the way you have the angle welded up. If you had the flat side towards you and the leg out, you'd be able to mount it directly to the angle with self tapping screws.

Other option is to cut a couple of short sections of angle and weld them where you have a good vertical flat surface at the mounting points on the deerview windows. Just make sure you have a good surface to seal so that the gasket on the windows sits flush and even to prevent rain intrusion. Will need to think about how you are going to mount the little arms that hold the window open when you are in the blind as well, which won't be hard.
AnScAggie
AG
Deerview has both inside mount and outside mount windows. Call them, if they do not answer leave a message and they will get back to you. Explain the issue and they will be able to give you a window that will work. I have bought a crapton of windows from them and the only problem I have ever had with their windows was due to my poor installation/measuring abilities.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.