Outdoors
Sponsored by

Pond fishing near Klein

1,023 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AggieHunter
Lonestar_Ag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Katy fishing thread got me wondering about areas closer to the house.

I've been taking my son about once a week during quarantine to go fish some areas but we haven't found much success.

Lakes of Avalon
Hayden Lakes (where I caught the one he is holding in the red shirt)
Ponderosa Park near Cypresswood and Kuykendahl
We had some success in tank at the deer lease but that's 3hrs away

Anymore recommendations are appreciated.

Al Bula
AG
Vienna, TX: Home of the Lazy J
TXTransplant
Creekside, between Kuykendahl and Gosling, has a few fishing areas, that are all part of Lake Paloma. Two small parts run parallel alongside Creekside Green and the big part of the lake spans between Creekside Green and Creekside Forest. The big part is a little harder to access because there are more houses built around it. I see more people fishing along the ones adjacent to Creekside Green.

Saw a boy about your son's age catch a small fish the other day when I was out on my walk.
MouthBQ98
AG
Cypress Creek. Fish along the creek, especially where a flood control ditch flows in, using pieces of hotdog or salad shrimp on a hook and weight. You might catch little perch, or bass, or a surprise several pounds of channel catfish now and then. I've caught and released a ~5lb bass from the creek. Spring creek is similar. Tip: parks get higher pressure, but access from bridges or flood control ditches can provide better fishing.
TarponChaser
Really close to Klein: http://www.fishinginthewoodlands.com/
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Yessir.
AggieHunter
AG
TXTransplant said:

Creekside, between Kuykendahl and Gosling, has a few fishing areas, that are all part of Lake Paloma. Two small parts run parallel alongside Creekside Green and the big part of the lake spans between Creekside Green and Creekside Forest. The big part is a little harder to access because there are more houses built around it. I see more people fishing along the ones adjacent to Creekside Green.

Saw a boy about your son's age catch a small fish the other day when I was out on my walk.
Shh...giving away secrets.

OP - check out FishBrain. It's perfect for what your looking for. I was surprised for the information and amount of reports coming from all the neighborhood retention ponds around our area. Just be mindful that some neighborhoods don't like visitors, but that should be noticeable with the date of the latest report on any body of water you look up on your map. I find most folks don't mind you so much, especially if you come in with the least amount of stuff possible (coolers, tackle boxes, etc), and always picking up your trash (including line clippings) - goes a long way, even for the Karen's/Nextdoor crazies out there. Obviously, I avoid the gated neighborhoods or signs of no public fishing.

Lots of places with ease of access available - hope you and lil man get on some more fish soon!

And I can confirm TXTransplant's description is an enjoyable place to fish, especially with kids.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.