Outdoors
Sponsored by

Space flight with people- definitely outdoors

5,941 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ag_of_08
GarryowenAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I watched 3hrs of coverage earlier this week. Planning my day around the launch; can't wait!
agz win
AG
Ready to fly!
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
Under a minute.
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
They're on their way!!! Godspeed!!!
Ag_of_08
AG
They're in orbit officially. AMAZING milestone today
Tx-Ag2010
AG
That was badass how the rocket engine was able to land itself.
Ag_of_08
AG
Tx-Ag2010 said:

Look up the falcon heavy landing....3 of them, 2 at the same time in Florida, one out on a drone ship in the Atlantic:-).

arrow
AG
Awesome!
Ag_of_08
AG
The crew was allowed to name the capsule, theyre calling it endeavor
CharlieBrown17
AG
Tx-Ag2010 said:

That's been a huge milestone for space X

Way cheaper to have reusable boosters.

Plus it'll be super badass to have the fully intact booster from this mission to be displayed
Ag_of_08
AG
Docking is about 930 this morning btw.

Corrected the typo
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Ag_of_08
AG
I fixed it, bloody phone typos.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Ag_of_08
AG
C@LAg said:

it was better before you fixed it.

Lol the "are orcs racist" link I accidentally posted meaning to post something space related the other day was funnier ;-)
average_joker
AG
I forgot how fun space exploration is. My 18mo watched about a half hour's worth of shuttle and rocket launches and is yelling "go rocket!"
BenderRodriguez
AG
average_joker said:

I forgot how fun space exploration is. My 18mo watched about a half hour's worth of shuttle and rocket launches and is yelling "go rocket!"

My almost two year old was the same way.

Watching a space launch through his eyes was special.
bedofbrass33
AG
Dragon just docked. This is awesome
Fleen
BenderRodriguez said:

average_joker said:

It was kinda funny realizing how much I took for granted watching space travel/launches. Trying to explain the significance to a 12, 10 & 7 y/o was interesting. I certainly went down some rabbit holes online and really rediscovered my childhood passion of space and exploration. I was checking out the possibilities of reinstating the Young Astronauts Program at my school (College Hills) with its reinvigorated connection through STEM curriculums. Almost dug out my old Space Camp stuff!
Ragoo
AG

BenderRodriguez
AG
I mentioned this somewhere else too, but a really cool thing about space program stuff is the type of people it attracts.

Barnes wouldnt even try to lie about having a life like this guys because no one would believe it:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonny_Kim

Enlisted Navy out of HS, SEAL team 3, silver star, bronze star, went to college, got into Harvard Medical School then decided that wasnt enough of a bad ass life so now he's an astronaut.
CrottyKid
AG
It is funny to see them working with an ipad in space.
Ag_of_08
AG
Fleen said:

BenderRodriguez said:

average_joker said:

It was kinda funny realizing how much I took for granted watching space travel/launches. Trying to explain the significance to a 12, 10 & 7 y/o was interesting. I certainly went down some rabbit holes online and really rediscovered my childhood passion of space and exploration. I was checking out the possibilities of reinstating the Young Astronauts Program at my school (College Hills) with its reinvigorated connection through STEM curriculums. Almost dug out my old Space Camp stuff!

Exactly why the nerds have been screaming about it from the rooftops! :-)

So much is in the pipeline, this really could be the first step to realizing the dream of a post apollo, sustained flight world.
Ag_of_08
AG
I know some of y'all got really interested in the booster landing, here it is coming back in to port!

If you ever get a chance, listen to one of these with the radio traffic coming back in (when they recovered the demo 1 capsule was especially memorable). I have heard some thick and colorful accents in my time, but listening to these guys talking about a space capsule in some mix of floridian/cajun/drawl is hilarious...

CactusThomas
AG
BenderRodriguez said:

I mentioned this somewhere else too, but a really cool thing about space program stuff is the type of people it attracts.

Barnes wouldnt even try to lie about having a life like this guys because no one would believe it:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonny_Kim

Enlisted Navy out of HS, SEAL team 3, silver star, bronze star, went to college, got into Harvard Medical School then decided that wasnt enough of a bad ass life so now he's an astronaut.

What about that female astronaut that wore adult diapers on road trips? No shout out for her?
tk for tu juan
Do they have any videos of how they get the hold down under the rocket stage before transporting the drone ship back in?
Ag_of_08
AG
Called the octagrabber:

https://www.spacexfleet.com/octagrabber
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.