Outdoors
Sponsored by

Barbwire Fence Repair?

1,384 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 78_Pacecar
CS78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Im needing to repair about 4000ft of fence to get me through five years for an ag exemption. As soon as the ag exemption is in place, I'll move to wildlife so I cant justify the $4/ft to have it dozed and built from new. There are sections of the fence with good wire but in need of new post. Other sections with good post but it needs wire. Does anyone know someone that would do this kind of work in Burleson county? I don't care what it looks like as long as it holds a few cows in. Can pay a very reasonable amount and provide all materials and tools needed. Maybe a college student looking for some summer work? Thanks! 979-two zero four-O635
will.mcg
AG
Try Home Depot before 8AM for willing labor if you can "run the job".
EskimoJoe
my dad liked to use hungover teenagers for these type of projects.
Post removed:
by user
AndersonAg08
AG
Could you put a hotwire a few more feet inside your property parallel to the existing fence? Would be a lot cheaper.
BoerneGator
AG
Ask around the local feed stores, etc. or coffee shops where local ranchers/farmers hang out and find a ranch hand to help you on week ends when they're off. Someone like that likely won't need much (if any) supervisin and will patch it up for you. You might make a contact that'll come in handy later on for other projects as well.
BoerneGator
AG
Ask around the local feed stores, etc. or coffee shops where local ranchers/farmers hang out and find a ranch hand to help you on week ends when they're off. Someone like that likely won't need much (if any) supervisin and will patch it up for you. You might make a contact that'll come in handy later on for other projects as well.
EskimoJoe
the trick is to coordinate the pounding in your head with the pounding of the tee posts.
BoerneGator
AG
GSS
Unless all of your neighbors also are wildlife exempt, Texas is a "fence out" state for livestock, so good fences might be needed after you switch..

As old barb wire fence repair runs the whole gamut, from a few twists to tighten, to splicing, adding/replacing posts, cutting brush/fallen trees...when you find that right person, let us know when you're through with him!

For your interview...first question, "what's this do?"
NRA Life
TSRA Life
78_Pacecar
AG
GSS said:

For your interview...first question, "what's this do?"

Provides you the opportunity to bring out some of the really nasty expletives from storage and dust them off.

In all honesty OP, depending on how many cows you run, if they have food and water a plenty then they shouldn't test the fences much. Happy cows don't overrun barriers.

Now if you have a bull, or the neighbor has a bull then no amount of fencing will be good enough.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.