Outdoors
Sponsored by

Video - Bear following boy Italy

1,249 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Snow Monkey Ambassador
AgTech88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just saw this on CBS News:
Bear & Boy Italy

Not a bear expert - What kind of bears do they have in Italy? Looks like a brown? Any other thoughts from the bear experts? Looks terrifying to me unless I am missing something?
AgTech88
FSGuide

4stringAg
AG
Kid and his dad played it pretty cool there. That's too close for comfort. Yikes.
Shoefly!
AG
That bear was eyeballing that kid for dinner, the mother whining at the right time might have saved him.
DG96
AG
Not sure why the dad didn't get between the kid and the bear then move away.
will.mcg
AG
Looks like the bear that starred in the movie BORAT.
FSGuide
Shoefly! said:

That bear was eyeballing that kid for dinner, the mother whining at the right time might have saved him.

I was thinking that her making those high pitch noises might make the bear think they were prey animals.
halfastros81
AG
Interesting video. Not sure about that particular variety of bear and if they are known to attack men or not.

I had a convo with an experienced mountain guide in Wyoming a number of yrs ago. He told me a story about being stalked on foot by a grizzly for a number of miles . The bear was trying to funnel him into a spot he could':t escape from but he was smart enough and familiar enough with the territory to keep it from happening He said he knew for sure he was being hunted. All he had was a 45 pistol. Probably not enough to stop a grizzly bear unless you shot it directly in the face or the heart.
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
Portrait video . . . the dad deserved to get eaten.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.