Outdoors
Sponsored by

A Little Devil

3,826 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AgDad121619
Badace52
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Went with a friend to a cabin on the Devil's River this weekend. It was EPIC. The Devil's River has been a bucket list trip of mine since my days at A&M, and it did not disappoint.

Caught 18 fish day 1 and 28 fish day 2. All were caught on three 1/8 oz rooster tails except two which I got on a wacky rig Senko.

Everyone there caught fish. One guy caught the first fish of his life. The geography and flora of the area is very unique and beautiful. I recommend everyone get there at some point in their life to experience it.

Insane lightning storm on second day broke into the rainbow seen above. Only flipped my kayak once and I'm pretty bad at kayaking.

CM
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
tamc93
Aggieangler93
AG
Some day I need to make it out there.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Post removed:
by user
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Jealous! Looks like it was a blast
Post removed:
by user
Law361
AG
Glad you didn't go with Kevin Stubbs - Expedition Outfitters.

I've heard Kevin Stubbs - Expedition Outfitters doesn't refund deposits and is rude to his customers.
TarponChaser
Outstanding.

I need better friends with places like that.
AggieArcher17
AG
I'll be there in 3 weeks on a 4 day float trip! I'm 95% fly fishing but will bring a little spinning rod as well. What color rooster tails worked for you?
pdc093
You're subtlety is admirable.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
That boat a Native?
Badace52
AG
I think so. It wasn't mine. They had several at the cabin and I took it cuz it was the widest and heaviest and I have very little kayak experience.
CM
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
flyingaggie12
AG
Where did y'all stay?
Badace52
AG
At a cabin my friend has access to near blue sage crossing.
CM
rootube
AG
Does anyone know if trip insurance covers fear of snakes? Asking for a friend.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
rootube said:

Does anyone know if trip insurance covers fear of snakes? Asking for a friend.
Only if the snakes are on the plane
Badace52
AG
Two were the same, (white with silver spinner,) and the third was a silver metallic body w/ a silver spinner and white skirt. The silver body one worked the best. They would hit anything with a silver spinner though. They seemed to ignore gold spinners.
CM
AggieArcher17
AG
Looks like an amigo to me.
AgDad121619
AG
Incredible area - great pics. I don't think there is anything more fun in freshwater than catching smallmouth bass while floating a stretch of wild river.

This is still on my bucket list unfortunately- need to move it over to the already done list soon
AgLA06
AG
AgDad121619 said:

I don't think there is anything more fun in freshwater than catching smallmouth bass while floating a stretch of wild river.

We did a guys trip canoeing and camping the Buffalo National River last spring. Literally got tired of catching fish and definitely cooler weather.
AgDad121619
AG
AgLA06 said:

AgDad121619 said:

I don't think there is anything more fun in freshwater than catching smallmouth bass while floating a stretch of wild river.

We did a guys trip canoeing and camping the Buffalo National River last spring. Literally got tired of catching fish and definitely cooler weather.
. Done that several times - great trip. My son and I went last June and the fishing got better each day we floated - we did Pruitt to Mt Hersay - 3 days/ 2 nights.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.