Outdoors
Sponsored by

Neighborhood Facebook Post Fun

3,274 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ursusguy
frorge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
"Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I think a coyote jumped our fence last night. There was a horrible yelp last night in our backyard (that woke me up) that I knew was an animal and when we got up this morning there was a rather large headless rabbit right by our bedroom window. The head completely gone...not sure what else could have done that around here, but a coyote. Our fence is only about a 4 foot tall, so I'm sure that a coyote could jump it if it really wanted to, but I just find it a little disturbing that it would come that close to my house. We aren't on the back of the neighborhood where there is open land behind us, there are homes on every side of us, as well as behind us. I never thought they would venture that close. I just wanted to let everyone know who might have small dogs outside at night."

My response should be.....?
uncover&humpit
AG
Nm
88planoAg
AG

SteveBott
AG
Reply it was a mountain lion. You saw one last week in your yard
BCStalk
Coyotes definitely can't clear a 4' fence. Definitely a dog/wolf hybrid.
SteveBott
AG
What really confuses me is why a yote would eat just the head and leave his dinner
TwoMarksHand
AG
It's the satanic kids from east side. They did the same to me last week.
Slamn Sharpe
Richard Ramirez strikes again
frorge
AG
The real comments are even better:

" I've seen them on my security cameras at night. They will kill your dogs and/or cats and not eat them but just leave them there. A little surprised about the rabbit not being hauled off."
AgNColorado
Yotes can absolutely jump a 4-5 foot fence. They jump it just like a deer can. They can also go thru the squares/rectangles on net wire fences too.

They definitely will kill for fun. I've found sheep and goats killed where there is nothing but the bite marks on their neck and nothing else. Makes me sick to my stomach to drive up on a 100-200 dollar bill dead in the ground.
B-1 83
AG
Likely an owl. They like cats, too.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Here ya go:

MS13 has been doing this recently. It is a warning of some sort. A few months ago one of the MS13 leaders was killed in prison by Benito 'el Conejo' Suarez. The gang put out a big bounty for heads of anyone that had a part in it. They will take pics of a headless rabbit at someone's house, then come back at a later date and take pics of headless folks. That is what they have to do to collect the bounty. I don't know how you get your name clear with them. Not sure I would call the police, as they might then think you are a rat. I would probably just move into a hotel for a while.
BCStalk
That's definitely better than mine.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

MS13 has been doing this recently.
So they've given up on the whole "headlights on bright" thing?
MouthBQ98
AG
Maimed kills with no eating is more likely to be stray or feral dogs, which would have similar potential mobility. Coyote isn't impossible but they're not nearly as likely to waste effort, energy, and risk injury for no food reward. A feral dog may not be as practiced of a hunter but they still have an instinct to go for the neck.
Bregxit
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Maimed kills with no eating is more likely to be stray or feral dogs, which would have similar potential mobility. Coyote isn't impossible but they're not nearly as likely to waste effort, energy, and risk injury for no food reward. A feral dog may not be as practiced of a hunter but they still have an instinct to go for the neck.
Cat, owl or hawk.
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
Tell em it's a Dikfer
ursusguy
AG
When you see headless, just go ahead and assume owl.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.