Outdoors
Sponsored by

Best way to eradicate moles

3,549 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DiskoTroop
DiskoTroop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Recently finding lots of sign of moles in my yard. What's the best way to get em?
longeryak
Treat your yard for grubs.
Picard
AG
Hire a dermatologist

Bregxit
AG
Five years ago I would have said borrow my dogs for a week. They eliminated the moles in my back yard. Though I had a few craters to fill back in!
Tx-Ag2010
AG
Poison. But traps can work pretty well too if you have a bunch of active mounds.

Edit: be careful if you go the poison route. They are safe enough in your yard or a hay pasture but I wouldn't use them anywhere near my garden.
FrontPorchAg
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
BCStalk

DiskoTroop
BCStalk said:

I do have a little bolt action .22 I've been wanting to get threaded for my Sparrow...
aeroag14
AG
A cat.

My parents struggled with moles for years. Only way they ever were able to get rid of them was the cat killing them
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Bill Murray's rates these days are off the chart so I guess go with the tannerite.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
TxSquarebody
Floor it until you see God
cevans_40
AG
What is this and where do I get one?
cadman76
AG
I have been battling moles for several years and tried everything imaginable. Problem with poisons and gas is you never know whether it works. Getting rid of grub worms helps but I think they also feed on earthworms. The only trap I have had success with is called Mole Eliminator. It is sold on Amazon. Bought one last year and caught two moles in the first week. Have seen a significant reduction in a activity.
One thing to be aware of - moles have a very good sense of smell. Make sure you take measures to keep your scent off any traps you use.
Good luck.
reproag
AG
DiskoTroop
So I went ahead and bought some mole poison but I think I'm going to get a trap too. Watched a video on those and they seem effective.
Tx-Ag2010
AG
The traps are definitely more satisfying. You get a positive confirmation that you are killing moles. We did this for a while on our property until the hay guy showed up and put down poison, haven't seen a mole in a while.
Fannie Luddite
AG
For a small garden, has anyone tried burying hardware cloth, maybe 6" deep, around the perimeter of the garden?

I'd like to keep them out from from the get-go.
Mathguy64
AG
TxSquarebody said:

I'll take "things that bored rednecks with an oxy acetylene tank, garden hose, extension cord and steel wool will MacGuyver" for $1000 Alex.
Tx-Ag2010
AG
mathguy86 said:

TxSquarebody said:

I'll take "things that bored rednecks with an oxy acetylene tank, garden hose, extension cord and steel wool will MacGuyver" for $1000 Alex.

Maybe a little less steel wool is the answer.
swampstander
AG
This is Lucy. She is 13 years old. She is not supposed to get on the bed but she has no damns to give. She will start at one end of the mole tunnel and start trenching across the yard until she finds the varmint. 20 feet...30 feet 50? No problem. Across the flower garden? No problemo. She will even drop it on your pillow when she captures it. Will rent out $100/day + kibbles.

DiskoTroop
Forgot to post but I did get me one:

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.