Outdoors
Sponsored by

Out here in the country, someone messed with the back gate

7,162 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bradley.Kohr.II
KerrvilleAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Relocked
Cameras set
Dogs (large Lacey dogs that do not F around) on the back porch
Locked and loaded
First time since this began I felt the need to ramp up security
If someone comes through and makes it to the house, it will not be pretty. Dogs will absolutely get em first and if they fire a weapon toward house or dogs......it's on!
IrishTxAggie
AG
What we drinking tonight?
KerrvilleAg
Had 2 beers. I'm done because I want to stay sharp
Slim Isle
Sounds strikingly familiar
BrazosDog02
AG
Y'all some edgy sons a *****es.

Speaking of keeping your edge, if you pop a *****, make sure you have the admins delete the texags post with your plan.
KerrvilleAg
IF someone comes through I might just let the dogs have their fun. If you know Lacey's, they are pack & territorial driven.

Not really worried but why did someone mess with my gate?
Nealthedestroyer
AG
Seems like nods and an IR laser would be more useful...
Vae Victis
FamousAgg
Keep a copy of this for the court case
CanyonAg77
AG
KerrvilleAg said:

IF someone comes through I might just let the dogs have their fun. If you know Lacey's, they are pack & territorial driven.

Not really worried but why did someone mess with my gate?

Lost. Drunk. Stupid kids. Thought it was their gate.
STX Ag
AG
How did they "mess" with it?
KerrvilleAg
Unchained and unlocked a thrown bolt. Left it slightly open for (in my mind) easy entry.

If you have a place, you know how you leave your gates.
CanyonAg77
AG
Unlocked? Broken? Cut? Picked? Neighbor who has a key forgot to lock it back?
Scotty88
AG
KerrvilleAg said:

Unchained and unlocked a thrown bolt. Left it slightly open for (in my mind) easy entry.

If you have a place, you know how you leave your gates.
You sure the Amazon driver didn't have the wrong address?

Better call in those dogs before they find a porcupine...

KerrvilleAg
Now that's a good point amazon (and porcupine too) but dogs have sentry duty for the night. They love it!!! Primal instincts kick in. But keeping them in the house area, not just running loose in the acreage. .... that's the plan anyway
saltyoldguy
AG
Good plan so far. However I would recommend you call this guy ASAP.
Ifishandlie
AG
I grew up in kerrville.
I'm sure the kids are bored

You got a teenage son or daughter?

Chill out. You might be shooting someone you know
Gunny456
AG
Make sure you have the place posted and have a beware of dogs sign up. My good friend had a similar issue and it turned out it was the power company coming through to mark poles with a new system. Co-Op guy got bit pretty bad and sued him and won quite a judgement. Trial was by jury and the whole deal came down to him not having signs up according to my attourney. We do that now on our ranches and also in English and Spanish.
He had received a letter from the CO - OP that they were going to be doing it but he threw it away thinking it was junk mail.
Our attourney told us it was really important to post the place with signs or purple paint and to have signs up about our GSD,s. Seems trespassers have more rights than the landowners.
ThreatLevel: Midnight
AG
Bird shot, buck shot, bird shot, buck shot, then it's Jamaican: buck shot, Buck shot, buck shot!
Thanks & Gig 'Em
Wife of Chas Satterfield
Ping.

Wake up!
KerrvilleAg
Excellent advice. Thank You
KerrvilleAg
Back from my walk about. All good. No excitement and gate still locked the way it should be.

Those Lacey dogs if I kennel, they lay down and sleep. Sasquatch could walk up and they would not care. But if they are out of kennels and loose, oh baby they react to everything.
O.G.
Ifishandlie said:

I grew up in kerrville.
I'm sure the kids are bored

You got a teenage son or daughter?

Chill out. You might be shooting someone you know

This. I hear a LOT of, "if someone comes on my property I'll shoot'em"....well that someone could just be lost, someones kid, a delivery guy or whatever....either way, someone in the act of standing on your property, even if trespassing, is not a licence to kill them. You'd better think this through. Even if you beat it in criminal court, that civil court is a whole other hurdle.

Invest in a very strong flashlight (*coughs* Surefire) so that, if something happens at night, you can ID your target.

I too am a Lacy owner, and they will let you know if something is out of place or something/someone is around. If there is a threat, they will let you know...just make damn sure its a real threat before you pull the trigger.
rather be fishing
AG
Thought this was going to be about someone's wife getting frisky.
Tagguy
AG
rather be fishing said:

Thought this was going to be about someone's wife getting frisky.
I thought this was going to be about someone getting a new tool box for their truck.
CS78
Driveway alarms and motion lights. Solar if no good power supply.
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
ThreatLevel: Midnight said:

Bird shot, buck shot, bird shot, buck shot, then it's Jamaican: buck shot, Buck shot, buck shot!

That's bird shot...that won't kill a man.
Gunny456
AG
KerrvilleAg said he lives in the country like a lot of us do. Driveways are sometimes dirt roads that can be a mile or so long, so alarms don't work and motion lights around a home in the country would be coming on every five minutes from deer and other wildlife.
Comanche_Ag
AG
Electric company unlatched and came through my gate the other day. They were trying to get to some pole on the property behind me. Wrong gate. I know they have a job to do, but still feels like trespassing.
KerrvilleAg
Just heard of incident outside Fredericksburg yesterday ...broke into house at night, attacked man, woman(fianc) fired warning shot then put one in his head when he didn't stop the attack...he's dead!!! Then the fianc made sure her man was revived (dude was choking him out) before calling 911 for intruder. Life flighted the scumbag to SA, wasteful use of money. I'll look for story to post when I'm home.
LEJ
It's almost like crime happens everywhere
FSGuide
I read about that too. It was on Hill Country Scanner FB page. The victim was 70 something year old male. Lady who shot bad guy was 60+ years old. Bad guy was 20 or so.
KerrvilleAg
Really, No kidding??
Quick thought: out here you help yourself and neighbors because Calvary ain't going to be in time.

Some people thought I was nuts for ramping up security after finding issues with my gate.
45-70Ag
AG
KerrvilleAg said:

Just heard of incident outside Fredericksburg yesterday ...broke into house at night, attacked man, woman(fianc) fired warning shot then put one in his head when he didn't stop the attack...he's dead!!! Then the fianc made sure her man was revived (dude was choking him out) before calling 911 for intruder. Life flighted the scumbag to SA, wasteful use of money. I'll look for story to post when I'm home.

My wife's aunt and uncle live on tiveydale road, about 12 miles outside of Fredericksburg. How close was this to that?
KerrvilleAg
Tivydale is west of town. This was off 965 north of town.
STX Ag
AG
LEJ said:

It's almost like crime happens everywhere
No doubt the dead perp was the same guy that tried to get into OPs gate.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.