Outdoors
Sponsored by

College Station dog owner gives phony name and number. Help us identify him.

12,140 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Nosh
oldarmyfight21
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.bikelaw.com/2020/04/video-unleashed-dog-vs-cyclist-vs-unrepentant-owner/?fbclid=IwAR1P5OI2QOZMmlNMToqUK03X-Ki80Q-s_A-HdWyXjfevrPnZgA2JLGL0mFs

Found off r/aggies. Heard good things about this board, wanted to share. If this isn't the place then mods please remove
BlueMiles
AG
Approximately where was this?
oldarmyfight21
According to the comments on the link above, he said Corsair circle in a post
NICU Dad
AG
Jack Burton, as in The Jack Burton from Big Trouble in Little China?
cledus6150
AG
Also $500 worth of damage from a minor tumble, unless he was riding a serious road bike I would call complete BS. This seems like someone trying to take advantage of previous falls and damage. I will say that yes the dog should have been on a leash.
cledus6150
AG
Also $500 worth of damage from a minor tumble, unless he was riding a serious road bike I would call complete BS. This seems like someone trying to take advantage of previous falls and damage. I will say that yes the dog should have been on a leash.
FancyKetchup14
AG
"You'll be alright a**hole."

I don't see how a tumble like that cost $500, but that dog owner deserves to get his ass kicked.

SanAntoneAg
AG
Texans attire. Clearly this is the same guy who broke into Buzz Williams' car.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
cledus6150 said:

If he has a road camera I would assume he is riding a nice bike. Wheels alone can be thousands.

I would never press charges on someone like that. But I assume he was an *******, so maybe out of spite.

Edit:

Searched him on FACEBOOK. His bike is nice. $500 is minimal damage to a bike like that. Probably just wheel repair.
RCR06
AG
The guys bike was damaged by someone else's dog causing a crash. The dog owner gave the wrong name and phone number. $100 or $500 in damage, the dog owner should be paying for it based on this story.
agnerd
AG
cledus6150 said:

If the dog owner can produce video that the bike was previously damaged, I might agree with you. But he broke the law and needs to suffer the consequences. If the biker can produce a receipt for $500, dog owner should pay it.
AggieArcher17
AG
IN
CT'97
AG
If it did in fact happen on Corsair Circle, then I would guess going back and sitting at the corner at about the same time of day would result in the guy and his wife and dogs walking by.
SanAntoneAg
AG
Are you the police?
cledus6150
AG
Never said the dog owner shouldn't be responsible for damages I was calling into question the validity of the $500's in damage. I actually stated the dog should have been on a leash.
fightingfarmer09
Bicyclist vs unleashed pet & owner

I'm going to sit this out, because I don't have anything nice to say about either group.
tamc93
AG
In for page 5
FJB, FPA, and FAZ
pdc093
I'll join you!
JeremiahJohnson
AG
I felt the same way..... Then I started riding to rehab a knee. So now I am one them.. Riding is actually fun. The fitness gained from cycling is definitely easier on the joints.
eric76
AG
Does the girl look like she is in high school? If she is, then there are probably quite a few high school kids in the neighborhood who could identify her.
combat wombat™
AG
GIT HIM, TEXAGS, GIT HIM!!
1872walker
eric76 said:

Does the girl look like she is in high school? If she is, then there are probably quite a few high school kids in the neighborhood who could identify her.

skelso
AG
I dont recognize them but I recognize the area... that building in the background is my office. I would bet they live in Emerald Forest because it's really the only neighborhood in walking distance.
98Ag99Grad
AG
FancyKetchup14 said:

I don't see how a tumble like that cost $500, but that dog owner deserves to get his ass kicked.

I agree. Just apologize dude. Your dog charged this guy and knocked him off his bike. This seems pretty clear cut to me.
dubi
AG
Wow, the cyclist could have been seriously injured. The dog owner needs to be held accountable.
LRHF
AG
Holy sheit, I am A cyclist and a dog owner... so confusing! What is this, Nextdoor?!
swampstander
AG
I am a cyclist and dog owner. I don't know why people insist on allowing their out of control dogs off the leash. I live in the country and have only one direction out of four options to go when I leave the house to avoid that exact scenario. I hope the OB steps up and names this *****.
Post removed:
by user
Cromagnum
AG
cledus6150 said:

Road bikes can be damned expensive, like 1000s of dollars expensive. I have a "cheap" one and it was still almost $1500. You bend a wheel or screw up the chainring or cassette on a nice one and $500 can be chump change.
raidernarizona
The cyclist definitely seemed like the aggressor. Another perfect example, you get more bees with honey than vinegar.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Sasappis said:

98Ag99Grad said:

FancyKetchup14 said:

I agree. Just apologize dude. Your dog charged this guy and knocked him off his bike. This seems pretty clear cut to me.

The audio was edited out before the dog owner said that but what was there made it sound like the biker was already being confrontational. both were probably pumped up given the situation and talking without thinking. Both are probably decent guys caught in a bad situation.
all we have is the video, and I'm guessing if an apology was made by the dog owner, the bike rider wouldn't have been as confrontational about wanting his info as he was. the guy just stands there and then when he walks by calls him azzhole. giving the fake info just shows he didn't care or really have any intention of taking responsibility.
Post removed:
by user
98Ag99Grad
AG
no idea what happened other than the dog hitting the guy on his bike.
raidernarizona
No, I get it. I would be upset too. I just had a slightly harder time feeling sorry for the guy due to his tone. People don't generally respond well to attacks. And had he been reasonable (assuming he wasn't or it would be in the video) he might've gotten further. That's all. Doesn't change the fact that the dog owner should be held responsible and I hope they track him down.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.