Outdoors
Sponsored by

College Station dog owner gives phony name and number. Help us identify him.

12,141 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Nosh
JeremiahJohnson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well please don't run me over. A majority of cyclists like me obey the laws of the road and are cautious of avoiding high traffic areas. There are a few idiots that give the rest of us a bad name. Same can be said with most groups.

If cops started enforcing the laws already in place for cyclists running stop signs, unruly leashless dogs, and distracted driving, I think all of us would be a lot happier.

Before moving back to BCS I was riding almost 100% on Spring Creek Greenway or on my trainer because I have had too many run ins with distracted drivers. There is nothing like that in BCS. So until then I will try to safely ride on the shoulder away from traffic.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Nothing to add except hopefully a smile...

Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

also use a radar on my bike to sense approaching vehicles behind me.
What kind? Sounds like a good addition to the safety gear.

I ride a lot down a stretch of 4-lane divided highway that was retained after the Interstate took 99% of the traffic away. We're talking maybe 50 cars an hour each way.

99% of the anal orifices who fail to move over into the left lane at all, when I'm on the 6-foot wide shoulder, are SUVs and cars with soccer moms.

Almost every pickup and large truck moves over. I'm guessing the pickup guys are mostly farmers and ranchers, who also use public roads for slow-moving machinery. They understand you have to share and a little courtesy goes a long way/
JeremiahJohnson
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

also use a radar on my bike to sense approaching vehicles behind me.
What kind? Sounds like a good addition to the safety gear.

I ride a lot down a stretch of 4-lane divided highway that was retained after the Interstate took 99% of the traffic away. We're talking maybe 50 cars an hour each way.

99% of the anal orifices who fail to move over into the left lane at all, when I'm on the 6-foot wide shoulder, are SUVs and cars with soccer moms.

Almost every pickup and large truck moves over. I'm guessing the pickup guys are mostly farmers and ranchers, who also use public roads for slow-moving machinery. They understand you have to share and a little courtesy goes a long way/

Garmin Varia. It connects to my bike computer. I have the older version of the one linked.
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/601468
Ducks4brkfast
AG
aggie1819 said:

1872walker said:

aggie1819 said:

Cyclists have to normally ride aggressively because of all the distracted drivers playing on their phone. You never see those people pulled over.

Right. They routinely roll through stop signs because they are dodging distracted drivers, not because of the increased physical effort that following traffic laws would require.

Never said I condoned running through stop signs.

If there was a cop there they would get a ticket. Riding aggressively has nothing to do with breaking the law.

I have had cars pull out in front of me on purpose just because and flip me the bird. I've had people on cell phones not paying attention and run me off the road even though I am riding on a shoulder. I use flashing lights for visibility and also use a radar on my bike to sense approaching vehicles behind me.

Some cyclists are cock suckers, I agree with that.
Are you single with no kids?

I just can't wrap my head around someone continuing to do something given these types of things continue to happen.

Death wish?
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

Eames Bennett You're correct, the bike didn't fall. There's a lot you can't see from the video. As the dog intercepted me it dove at my front wheel and I made contact with it while going 10-15 mph. The shock of the impact threw me off my saddle and I skidded to a halt with one foot still clipped into my bike and the other foot skating across the pavement. I have years of experience riding and racing my bike and, honestly, I'm not certain how I managed to keep it rubber-side down.

The dog then began to circle me, barking and lunging aggressively while attempting to bite my legs. Still straddling my bike and unable to move, I made myself look as big as possible and started shouting at the dog to sit (a trick taught to me by @Ron Aviles, my dog's trainer). I believe this was the only action that kept the dog from actually biting me.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
I don't have kids. I race Ironman and long course triathlons. When you ride 3 -4 days a week you are bound to run in to some *******s. 99% of the time there is nothing that goes wrong. I do have a couple friends that have been hit by a car. One of my good buddies was run over by a van and left for dead. He is a pro triathlete.

He was hit by a car in August 2016. Gave birth to his son in September and couldn't even hold him. Learned to walk again in November. Was running again by March 2017. By April he competed in Ironman Texas and broke the Ironman bike World Record at 4:01: 25. He was leading into mile 13 of the run where his broken back crampted up and had to walk the last 13 miles and finished 25th overall.

Slamn Sharpe
Bicyclists remind me of motorcyclists, they think they own the road and when a motorist break the law or don'tsee them they're irate. Motorcyclists break more laws than anyone on the roads probably. Bicyclists may have them beat. Motorcyclists find it cool when they break the laws by passing in shoulders or driving through two cars in slow traffic

He's a novel idea, if you don't feel safe on your motorcycle or bike keep your butt off the road. Find something with a seat belt, air bags, and crumple zones

txags92
AG
I Am A Critic said:

txags92 said:

aggie1819 said:

Married an Aggie Lady said:

raidernarizona said:

Quote:

But I'm also in the dogs off leash and two wheeled toys that don't require driver's insurance or licenses should BOTH be in the parks

Not to derail, but driver's licenses for bicycles?!?! You've got to me ******* kidding me right?
I want them ALL OFF of the roads. Too few follow the rules and they're uninsured traffic.

I'll settle for if it rolls on the road, has it's own striped lane on the road, and can/did crash into my vehicle and make me have an auto insurance claim, it NEEDS vehicle liability insurance. That's my compromise. OTHERWISE they're toys and just keep the toys in the yard or in the park. If it's a road vehicle it can hit me, and one in CSTX did, and made me have to keep the dings & scratches or file against my policy, making my rates go up. Bikes need their own insurance policies or to NOT share roads with vehicles that ARE required by law to carry insurance.

I'd rather let CSTX build bike parks and ban bikes from the roads altogether. City of CSTX sucks at nearly everything except building parks. They can build the heck out of some parks. Bike parks only or bike insurance, pick one. ID's, whatever. If they have ID's CSPD will watch them roll through stop signs daily like they do now and flip the blue lines on if I even look like I'm thinking about doing the same in a "real" vehicle. Bikes are a menace, except when used as the toys that they are in yards and parks.

The bike riders don't follow the rules and they don't carry insurance. They're a straight up menace but CSTX city council doesn't care. I swear the cyclists have naked pictures of every single council member the way CSTX council kisses cyclists butts.

Yeah we better get pedestrians insurance policies for walking too.
Yep. Good thing all the people driving cars and trucks ALWAYS follow every rule while driving too. It would be chaos if they were not so darned responsible, right?
How many cyclists have you seen pulled over for speeding, failure to yield, improper lane change, etc? There are are a lot more consequences for breaking the rules for those driving automobiles than there are for cyclists. Cyclists want equitable benefits of using public roadways but not equitable costs.
I got a $5 ticket for failing to stop at a stop sign on my bike on campus when the road the stop sign was at was closed, back in 1991. Does that count?

Seriously though, I am a cyclist, and I hate the ones who don't obey the law as much as anybody else. But I can't do anything about them. I can only control myself. My problem is that everybody in a car wants to lump every single cyclist in with those who don't obey the laws and ride like a-holes. Yet they don't want to be lumped in with every a-hole that drives a car. It doesn't work just one way. If you get to blame me for every cyclist who ever ran a stop sign, I get to blame you for ever driver who ever murdered a cyclist because they were not paying attention to the road.
txags92
AG
1872walker said:

The next time I see a bicyclist get a ticket for ignoring traffic laws will be the first time.
The next time I see a motorist ticketed or imprisoned for running over a cyclist in Texas will be the first time. Go ask Kylie Bruehler what she thinks of motorists running over and killing cyclists who weren't even on the road and who weren't found guilty of doing anything wrong. Her parents were killed by a motorist when she was 7. They were riding safely on the shoulder, not in a lane of traffic, and got mowed down by a truck driving on the shoulder and the motorist was not initially charged by the sheriff and was never convicted of any crime.
expresswrittenconsent
McDadeTXAggie said:

Bicyclists remind me of motorcyclists, they think they own the road and when a motorist break the law or don'tsee them they're irate. Motorcyclists break more laws than anyone on the roads probably. Bicyclists may have them beat. Motorcyclists find it cool when they break the laws by passing in shoulders or driving through two cars in slow traffic

He's a novel idea, if you don't feel safe on your motorcycle or bike keep your butt off the road. Find something with a seat belt, air bags, and crumple zones

bikes aside, we've found the person who drives the speed limit in the left lane.
AgsMnn
AG
TheClaw07 said:

Is it just me or does the dog owner seem to be a little, shall we say... excited, when he's giving the fake name and phone number? people are into some weird stuff...

Haha
MsDoubleD81
AG
TheClaw07 said:

Is it just me or does the dog owner seem to be a little, shall we say... excited, when he's giving the fake name and phone number? people are into some weird stuff...

I noticed that the first time I saw the video!
Slamn Sharpe
Totally outed me on that one
Nosh
rootube said:

I Am A Critic said:

txags92 said:

aggie1819 said:

Married an Aggie Lady said:

raidernarizona said:

Quote:

But I'm also in the dogs off leash and two wheeled toys that don't require driver's insurance or licenses should BOTH be in the parks

Not to derail, but driver's licenses for bicycles?!?! You've got to me ******* kidding me right?
I want them ALL OFF of the roads. Too few follow the rules and they're uninsured traffic.

I'll settle for if it rolls on the road, has it's own striped lane on the road, and can/did crash into my vehicle and make me have an auto insurance claim, it NEEDS vehicle liability insurance. That's my compromise. OTHERWISE they're toys and just keep the toys in the yard or in the park. If it's a road vehicle it can hit me, and one in CSTX did, and made me have to keep the dings & scratches or file against my policy, making my rates go up. Bikes need their own insurance policies or to NOT share roads with vehicles that ARE required by law to carry insurance.

I'd rather let CSTX build bike parks and ban bikes from the roads altogether. City of CSTX sucks at nearly everything except building parks. They can build the heck out of some parks. Bike parks only or bike insurance, pick one. ID's, whatever. If they have ID's CSPD will watch them roll through stop signs daily like they do now and flip the blue lines on if I even look like I'm thinking about doing the same in a "real" vehicle. Bikes are a menace, except when used as the toys that they are in yards and parks.

The bike riders don't follow the rules and they don't carry insurance. They're a straight up menace but CSTX city council doesn't care. I swear the cyclists have naked pictures of every single council member the way CSTX council kisses cyclists butts.

Yeah we better get pedestrians insurance policies for walking too.
Yep. Good thing all the people driving cars and trucks ALWAYS follow every rule while driving too. It would be chaos if they were not so darned responsible, right?
How many cyclists have you seen pulled over for speeding, failure to yield, improper lane change, etc? There are are a lot more consequences for breaking the rules for those driving automobiles than there are for cyclists. Cyclists want equitable benefits of using public roadways but not equitable costs.
Except aren't the consequences for being reckless on a bike serious injury or death.

It should be.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.