Outdoors
Sponsored by

Ivermectin...for heartworms AND Coronavirus

6,669 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BurnetAggie99
GSS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any volunteers?
Ivermectin and Coronavirus

Australia: "An anti-parasitic drug available throughout the world has been found to kill COVID-19 in the lab within 48 hours.
A Monash University-led study has shown a single dose of the drug Ivermectin could stop the SARS-CoV-2 virus growing in cell culture.
"We found that even a single dose could essentially remove all viral RNA (effectively removed all genetic material of the virus) by 48 hours and that even at 24 hours there was a really significant reduction in it," Monash Biomedicine Discovery Institute's Dr Kylie Wagstaff said on Friday."

NRA Life
TSRA Life
EFE
AG
I've probably spilled enough pour on on me over the years to be pretty well off. If not, hell I'll run to the feed store Monday morning and get a small jug and rinse my hands with it for old times sake.
Gunny456
AG
We have always injected it in our cattle it or used it as a paste dewormer for our horses. How did you use it?
Mas89
AG
We just treated cattle Monday and Tuesday with pour on Ivermectin. By pouring the liquid down the back. One bottle leaked a little with the applicator gun and I got a dose on my arm so hopefully I'm good.
EFE
AG
Umm... the pour on version I referenced in my post...
TxSquarebody
I have heard, "white feet, don't treat". Be sure you border collies stay out of it.
ranchag04
AG
I bathe in it many times a year
Gunny456
AG
Gotcha. We,have never poured it on. Always injection or paste.
AggielandPoultry
AG
So hope this turns out to be true. Freaking awesome.
Moy
I've always hated throwing away the syringes with the left over paste in them. Guess now I've got a use. Good thing the syringes have markers on them for dosing per weight.
culdeus
AG
Moy said:

I've always hated throwing away the syringes with the left over paste in them. Guess now I've got a use. Good thing the syringes have markers on them for dosing per weight.

Hopefully you have enough for your mom
Moy
culdeus said:

Moy said:

Hopefully you have enough for your mom

Yep. Just enough. But your fat a** mom needs an entire syringe.
BurnetAggie99
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3043740/#__sec9title

https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/ivermectin-oral-route/proper-use/drg-20064397

Already being used for Today, ivermectin is being increasingly used worldwide to combat other diseases in humans, such as Strongyloidiasis (which infects some 35 million each year), scabies (which causes 300 million cases annually), Pediculosis, Gnathostomiasis, Myiasis and new promising properties uses for ivermectin and other avermectin derivatives are continuing to be found.
ComfortAg
AG
There are always trade offs.

https://www.morningagclips.com/cattle-anti-parasite-treatments-bad-for-wildlife/
GSS
Application while still social distancing! Just have to get the correct dose figured out....

NRA Life
TSRA Life
Jack Squat 83
AG
I almost made a joke about using Ivermectin for Covid, on the dog heartworm thread. Wow.

Humble brag: my dog was a "volunteer" for a test study with it, back in the early 80s at TAMU. RIP Sam.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
JYDog90
AG
Butt chug it!
will.mcg
AG
I usually rinse my hands with it after working cows to clean the poo off. Hopefully I am now immune to Corona.
EFE
AG
Hell I do it to keep from getting the itchy ass
skelly02
AG
It's also the preferred treatment for head lice. It's repurposed in a head lotion and costs over $100
wessimo
AG
Dewormers also rumoured to cure some types of cancer:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tulsaworld.com/news/after-edmond-man-says-dog-dewormer-cured-his-cancer-researchers/article_00691b72-a223-51a5-aec0-e743faf1eed4.amp.html
Tex100
AG
Parking lot for two vets office was full Saturday. Is this the reason?
CowtownAg06
AG
That's probably because everyone decided now was a good time to get a puppy.
JSKolache
AG
The trick will be vaping it in appropriate dosage....
BCO07
AG
Would be cool if it worked. The source data that I can find was only a bench study, no data for actual use in people. Unfortunately, there are lots of drugs that work in labs that don't work in clinical practice. As an oncologist mentioned when the topic was brought up, there are lots of tumors we can kill 100% of the time in the lab. Guess we'll see how that goes.
John1248
AG
I've vaccinated my brother a few times. Maybe even for bangs. Grandads ol rusty needles.
Jack Squat 83
AG
John1248 said:

I've vaccinated my brother a few times. Maybe even for bangs. Grandads ol rusty needles.
30+ years and I'm still Blackleg free after a quick thigh shot. I guess the pain was worth it.
rab79
AG
no soremouth for me, got my scratch working lambs.
This Dude Abides
TxSquarebody said:

I have heard, "white feet, don't treat". Be sure you border collies stay out of it.
I should be okay since my lower half is black.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like your opinion man!
This Dude Abides
John1248 said:

That so.......Well, how's his ginormous testicles doing?
EFE
AG
Dad smoked himself in the thigh with 5cc of LA200 trying to give a sick pig a shot growing up. 5yo me learned new words that day.
aad03
AG
My friend's nephew took a light dose of Long Range last weekend.
Class of '03
This Dude Abides
EFE said:

Dad smoked himself in the thigh with 5cc of LA200 trying to give a sick pig a shot growing up. 5yo me learned new words that day.
Be glad it wasn't Micotil........
John1248
AG
EFE said:

Crowding a bunch of calves in the trailer to work them because your grandads pens are falling down, sounds like a good idea until the last few have enough room to start hopping around. Thats when your brother might accidentally take one in the tricep.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.