Outdoors
Sponsored by

Any rock hounds on TexAgs?

1,794 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rock08
Post removed:
by user
CW Griswold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They're minerals
TacosaurusRex
CW Griswold said:

They're minerals

Watching Breaking Bad with your time at home?
"If you are reading this, I have passed on from this world — not as big a deal for you as it was for me."
T. Boone Pickens
CW Griswold
Or I watched it from 2008 to 2013
Astrobo
AG
Played some ball with some Rockhounds from Midland. Few of them could chunk the rock pretty good.
rock08
AG
My dad was heavily into it. He had a collection of 10s of thousands of various specimens from all over the world. Most of his personal finds were from NM and Colorado.

This may be the wildest thing he had found.
I honestly don't know if it's legal to own. I found it in his collection after he passed.

rather be fishing
AG
rock08 said:

My dad was heavily into it. He had a collection of 10s of thousands of various specimens from all over the world. Most of his personal finds were from NM and Colorado.

This may be the wildest thing he had found.
I honestly don't know if it's legal to own. I found it in his collection after he passed.

If he dug it up from a grave, then probably not. If he found it elsewhere, probably fine.
jakeaggie84
AG
Gold bridge for Dracula?? Look at that fang!
Log
AG
Somebody back east asking "Why don't he write?".
Post removed:
by user
CanyonAg77
AG
jakeaggie84 said:

Gold bridge for Dracula?? Look at that fang!
Funny, but I assume you realize its the root
CanyonAg77
AG
I guess I fall under "rockhound". Always looking and collecting useless stuff. Nothing as nice as the minerals in the other boxes next to the bridge.
Post removed:
by user
CanyonAg77
AG
FAT SEXY said:

Ever tinkered with metal detectors?
Not really. I got a cheap one to help me find a large metal part that broke off a plow and got plowed under. It worked well for that, but it's not a high end one that discriminates between types.
chjoak
AG
My 6yo is a huge rock hound. Can't go anywhere without him picking up rocks. Already says he wants to be a geologist. Really hoping all this stuff passes soon because I want to take him to some places in the hill country where we can dig for some cooler stuff than the crushed granite and river rocks that he picks up around the neighborhood.
rock08
AG
Not much. He had a vile of gold flakes.

Most of his collection is micro-minerals. Specimens from a thumbnail size up to 4".

He liked to collect what the average person would overlook.

For example: this weird rock. Chrysoberyl.

He had it for a decade before he realized that if he shined a light through it, you'd see this.

CharlieBrown17
AG
So did he read that somewhere or just decide one day that shining flashlights at his rocks sounded like a good Saturday?
rock08
AG
That's exactly what happened lol

This is a text from him the day he realized it

" Check out this rock I had in my collection for a number of years open mind put it in a giveaway box and I recognized it has been quite interesting. I discovered it secret identity over the weekend and was shocked and amazed"
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.