Outdoors
Sponsored by

Rock River AR15?

1,639 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by bigfoot10s
jakester03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been offered this model for $740 new in box. Looking for my first AR. Would this be a good option?
https://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=72

It's item AR1222
jakester03
AG
Compared to something like:

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-pa-15-16-nitride-m4-carbine-556-nato-classic-ar-15-rifle-13-5-m-lok-rail-black.html
BCStalk
I would personally spend that money on a Ruger with a full floating handguard. Going to be around the same pricing.

SMM48
AG
Pass
DeWrecking Crew
Yes, that's a solid option, especially for a first one. I've got a few RRA ARs and they have all been trouble free very good quality ARs, proceed without worry, and yes, that's a fairly good deal if NIB.
jakester03
AG
Thanks. My first choice is to get one built by TheEyeGuy but I'm in the Austin area and FFLs are a little up In the air these days.
CTGilley
AG
I had both before they fell in the lake.

Nothing wrong with either. The 2 stage trigger in the RRA is awesome. The fit on the RRA will be better. You could add the trigger to the PSA for ~$100.

You will probably like the low profile gas block and rail on the PSA better.
TacosaurusRex
jakester03 said:

Thanks. My first choice is to get one built by TheEyeGuy but I'm in the Austin area and FFLs are a little up In the air these days.

I mean, he is on the Austin side of Houston. I make the drive, but I keep having to go back because of the terrible luck of not making it home with them.
"If you are reading this, I have passed on from this world — not as big a deal for you as it was for me."
T. Boone Pickens
AnScAggie
AG
I have two RR's in the lake, both are variations of the LAR-15 Elite Comp about 6 years apart. They are solid, never had a single problem and they always work. I'd say they are more accurate or as accurate as any of my other AR's in the bottom of the lake. If I was in your position I'd get it.
maverick2076
I wouldn't buy an AR that didn't have a free floating handguard.
Log
AG
HARD PASS.

You can build that same rifle for about ~$450 these days. $740 will build you something much more customized to your tastes.
bigfoot10s
AG
I have one very similar by RRA sitting in the closet. Always goes bang, eats anything.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.