Outdoors
Sponsored by

Is fishing considered an essential activity?

4,049 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Mas89
Joe Exotic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Especially if you are trying to catch crappie for consumption? Can't be any worse than going to the grocery store.
SanAntoneAg
AG
WTF is going on here?
BQ_90
AG
Trolling
aggieforester05
AG
Our private lake management shut down all boating. That lasted about 30 minutes. There were completely blasted by residents and even had the county Judge on their ass.
SharkinAg
AG
Last I heard you had the ****ing corona virus. So no this doesn't apply to you tiger king.
Joe Exotic
AG
BQ_90 said:

Trolling

It's not actually. I had a friend take his kayak out yesterday and was basically chewed out by a woman at the gas station because he wasn't "staying home".

So with abbots order is it fine for me to head to the lake and fish?
Ag86Hotard109
AG
BQ_90 said:

Trolling

Ha!....I get it.....don't think anyone else did.
TxSquarebody
BQ_90 said:

Trolling

Not sure that's how you catch crappie.
Joe Exotic
AG
TxSquarebody said:

BQ_90 said:

Trolling

Not sure that's how you catch crappie.

I troll for them in the summer with deep diving crankbaits (bandit 200's mostly). I have a pedal kayak so I'll run two rods out the back and pedal around till I find them.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
aggieforester05 said:

Our private lake management shut down all boating. That lasted about 30 minutes. There were completely blasted by residents and even had the county Judge on their ass.

You live at Lake Cherokee? Haha that sounds familiar
harge57
AG
Yes. It is essential.
Cassius
Recreation is essential for your emotional and psychological health. So yes, essential.
Post removed:
by user
TarponChaser
Joe Exotic said:

BQ_90 said:

Trolling

It's not actually. I had a friend take his kayak out yesterday and was basically chewed out by a woman at the gas station because he wasn't "staying home".

Not sure if serious but I'll play along.

Yes, it's fine.

Your friend should have told that lady at the gas station to '**** off and mind her own damn business."

I've taken my boys fishing and another poster on here whom I fish & hunt with during normal times has taken his boy multiple times.
Joe Exotic
AG
Thanks! Now if the weather would just play along
WestTexasAg04
AG
https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/3102544

I asked about this last week here. I think restrictions might have increased but I'm still planning on taking the kids out fishing Sunday on my day off. Kids caught a lot of fish and I think being at home is driving them nuts. They seemed to enjoy themselves a lot more than usual.
will.mcg
AG
If I was any good at posting pictures I would post a copy of the executive order or whatever it's called. It specifically states fishing & hunting are essential activities. I hear some cities are ignoring that & "closing" lakes & other bodies of water under their control.
aggieforester05
AG
aggie1819 said:

aggieforester05 said:

You live at Lake Cherokee? Haha that sounds familiar

My folks do and I grew up out there, but I build houses and sell real estate out there now. Plan to move out there as soon as I finish remodeling my current house and sell it.
harge57
AG
TarponChaser said:

Joe Exotic said:

BQ_90 said:

Trolling

Not sure if serious but I'll play along.

Yes, it's fine.

Your friend should have told that lady at the gas station to '**** off and mind her own damn business."

I've taken my boys fishing and another poster on here whom I fish & hunt with during normal times has taken his boy multiple times.

I have been out on the water with my daughter probably half a dozen times in the last 3 weeks.

Anyone who tells me I can't government or otherwise can go F themselves.

dlbarnes76
AG
Don't know if fishing is, but golf definitely is! Just drive by the campus course if you aren't sure. One player to a cart all over the course. I actually played last Sunday at Pecan Lakes. Was the busiest I've ever seen that course. Parking lot was completely full. We drove there in our own vehicles, walked the course, and avoided any hand slapping, high fiving or fist bumping. They put Styrofoam in the cups around the flag to within a couple of inches of the green level so you did not have to reach in too far to retrieve your ball and everyone was leaving the flag in place. Was nice to get the exercise and to get out in the open air for a few hours.
B-1 83
AG
My CC is members only, one person to a cart (unless family), and no inside dining/drinking.
L1TexAg95
AG
That's the freaking best man... people have lost their minds.
L1TexAg95
AG
Port Aransas closed all the boat ramps to keep people away. I have a house there and they are basically trying to keep all non-residents out... even if you own a property there. This, despite the fact that they would not make it three months without tourism / second home money. I didn't hear them telling people to stay out after Harvey when they needed volunteers to help rebuild.
L1TexAg95
AG
Just curious how a B-1 Bomber handles the no drinking part of that...
Joe Exotic
AG
L1TexAg95 said:

Port Aransas closed all the boat ramps to keep people away. I have a house there and they are basically trying to keep all non-residents out... even if you own a property there. This, despite the fact that they would not make it three months without tourism / second home money. I didn't hear them telling people to stay out after Harvey when they needed volunteers to help rebuild.

I noticed that while almost all state parks are open, mustang island is closed.
Shes2fat4me
AG
Hit Buchanan again on Wednesday and put three more limits of white bass in the boat in three hours. Also picked up one crappie and two stripers. Going to head back next week to try and target the crappie.
B-1 83
AG
You walk in, order, walk out with it.
Mas89
AG
Cute kid and nice bass.

Caught my biggest bass in the last few years yesterday morning.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.