Outdoors
Sponsored by

License Plate Lookup

3,368 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by UTExan
tmaggie50
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have two cars that, for at least the past 2 days, have been slow circling my neighborhood throughout the mid-day. Doesn't even seem like they are trying to hide it. Yesterday they both had their flashers on and passed me 8 times over a 2 hour period. Likely more that was just all that I saw.

Today one of them is back, no flashers today though. The neighbor has seen the truck 5 times in about a 3 hour span.
One of the cars is so tinted you can't see in the front windshield.

If anyone can look up the information for these plates, It would be appreciated. Please PM me.
Alta
AG
Sorry just taking calls from the truck to get out of the house.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
This stinks. Some yard signs might help?

Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
proc
AG
I've never seen a criminal using flashers. Then again, I've never seen a LEO or process server do that either.
TRADUCTOR
You and that neighbor Don't need a license plate search you need Scooby Doo's phone number.
RM1993
AG
Lots of people are taking leisurely drives in order to get out of the house for a bit. I don't think there should be any cause for alarm because you have seen a couple of cars cruising around repeatedly.
tmaggie50
AG
tmaggie50
AG
Part of my suspicion comes from reported break-ins in our neighborhood over the past 2 weeks during the day time.
RM1993
AG
tmaggie50 said:

RM1993 said:

Lots of people are taking leisurely drives in order to get out of the house for a bit. I don't think there should be any cause for alarm because you have seen a couple of cars cruising around repeatedly.

I wouldn't even notice the vehicles without the fact they were driving at very slow speeds through the same areas over a long period of time. I highly doubt people who are taking leisurely rides are driving down the same 15 house roads every 10-15 minutes at slow speeds. Who also happen to have fully tinted windows that you can't even see through the front windshield of.

Agree with the comments of why on earth would someone keep their flashers on if they were trying to steal things. But why would anyone drive anywhere for 3 hours at those speeds with their flashers on?
I take this to mean that you live in a fairly sparsely populated neighborhood? If so, I'm guessing you have a couple of people enjoying a little day drinking and cruising around at 15 mph just to make the ride last longer. I live down a country road and see it every day and even moreso at night.
tmaggie50
AG
Aggie304
tmaggie50 said:

RM1993 said:

tmaggie50 said:

RM1993 said:

I wouldn't even notice the vehicles without the fact they were driving at very slow speeds through the same areas over a long period of time. I highly doubt people who are taking leisurely rides are driving down the same 15 house roads every 10-15 minutes at slow speeds. Who also happen to have fully tinted windows that you can't even see through the front windshield of.

Agree with the comments of why on earth would someone keep their flashers on if they were trying to steal things. But why would anyone drive anywhere for 3 hours at those speeds with their flashers on?
I take this to mean that you live in a fairly sparsely populated neighborhood? If so, I'm guessing you have a couple of people enjoying a little day drinking and cruising around at 15 mph just to make the ride last longer. I live down a country road and see it every day and even moreso at night.

No. I live inside beltway 8 of Houston. Not your normal booze cruise neighborhood. There are thousands of streets to drive down but they take very similar paths through the neighborhood. A paranoid neighbor may even say a coordinated path, ha! I said 15 house road just to illustrate these aren't long scenic roads, they are short neighborhood roads so it didn't make sense for them if they were on a leisurely stroll.

Long slow drives to get a newborn baby to sleep maybe?
Canyon99
Op: can I have your watch when you are dead?
Mas89
AG
Walk out in the street, flag him down, and ask him what he's doing.
average_joker
AG
Maybe it's a getaway driver pacing the route for a big heist!
Ag_07
AG
Whereabouts in Houston?

Kinda sounds like my neighborhood.
MW13
AG
Lot of packages on doorsteps to grab right now.
schwabbin
AG
By looking up the plates, are you trying to determine if it's registered in your neighborhood?
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
tmaggie50
AG
88planoAg
AG
HOA compliance officers with extra time?

Neighborhood karens looking for covid infractions?
op_06
AG
How is the "quality" of their driving? Sounds pretty consistent with a parent teaching a child/teenager how to drive with the repeated loops of the same area over a long duration.
1990AG
AG
Call the police and have them check the suspicious activity?

This seems like an easy one

Ag_07
AG
1990AG said:

This is the OB...We don't call the police.
1990AG
AG
Ag_07 said:

1990AG said:

TBH...my first thought was to grab the AR and stand in the front yard, but that seemed less "prudent"

OasisMan
AG
Be obvious about taking pictures of them
Aggie304
op_06 said:

How is the "quality" of their driving? Sounds pretty consistent with a parent teaching a child/teenager how to drive with the repeated loops of the same area over a long duration.

This is very feasible
Ol_Ag_02
AG
When did we decide people weren't allowed to drive around neighborhoods they don't live in? (Or probably live in and are taking phone calls.)
lb sand
AG
I live in the same 'hood as the op. While I haven't noticed the car he is talking about, I have a neighbor 4 doors down from me that I think is a retired fella. He has a silver chevy pickup with a camper shell and wheel chair hoist on the back. He leaves his house and returns about 10 minutes later. He does this like every 1.5 to 2 hours through out the day. I have often wondered where the f does he go?

I see him because I wfh and have the past 5 years. My desk looks out towards the street.
Alte Schule
op_06 said:

This. Can you tell if one of the vehicles has a manual transmission. Someone missing gears and stuttering stops is a dead giveaway.

Another suggestion is when you first see them look through the windshield and just wave at them with a smile on your face. If they wave back then chances are they are harmless. If they don't wave back at the least they will know they have been seen.
tmaggie50
AG
RM1993
AG
tmaggie50 said:

I've considered the driving lessons thought. Maybe so. I would think they would be going faster than 15 mph. It may be a standard truck, but they arent driving slow because they are missing gears.

I would love to be able to see who is driving, but the front windshield is so blacked out with tint I cant see a single thing inside.
I highly doubt the front window is tinted with the exception of maybe the visor area. Dark tint on the sides and back can have the effect of making the front windshield difficult to see into in certain lighting conditions though.

PooDoo
AG
Ag_07 said:

1990AG said:

When seconds count the police are minutes away... The OB is just a few clicks away.
Bird93
AG
Lots of Amazon/grocery deliveries while people are stuck at home. Possibly looking for easy targets.
Alte Schule
Bird93 said:

Lots of Amazon/grocery deliveries while people are stuck at home. Possibly looking for easy targets.
Could be delivering groceries or restaurant/take out food.
FNG
Alte Schule said:

Bird93 said:

Could be delivering groceries or restaurant/take out food.

I know a couple of people doing this to make extra cash.

At best they can make two deliveries per hour.

Seems like this car is coming by more frequently?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.