Outdoors
Sponsored by

Why is there a run on guns & ammo right now?

18,741 Views | 156 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by dr_boogs
Mr. Dubi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
McDadeTXAggie said:

Mr. Dubi said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

Death total is now

Get a grip.

You seem a little angry. Show me where the statistics touched you
Not angry, rather irritated that anyone is jumping on the 'we're all gonna die' bandwagon.

A calm and rational, objective look at ALL the data and asking the questions that the news and politicians quit asking and answering back in 2006.

Mr. Dubi
Trending down still:
CDC data....

only 12,754 US deaths
Mr. Dubi
By the way, I hate that people are sick and dying, while all the rest of the country is forced to sit idly by waiting for "Mr Roosevelt to save us all..." as the song goes.

We, all the healthy children, young adults and middle aged people need to get back to work. NOW. YESTERDAY!

This bug has run its course and we are on the mend. If you are sick, stay home. If you are dying, go to the hospital (their treatments are ineffective against CVD though).
Slamn Sharpe
Mr. Dubi said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

Mr. Dubi said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

Death total is now

Get a grip.

You seem a little angry. Show me where the statistics touched you
Not angry, rather irritated that anyone is jumping on the 'we're all gonna die' bandwagon.

A calm and rational, objective look at ALL the data and asking the questions that the news and politicians quit asking and answering back in 2006.

I'm far from "we're all gonna die" attitude and if that's what you think about me

Lol
Mr. Dubi
In all reality, we should be keeping statistics by state. The USA is more like a continent than a single nation: people are comparing Germany to Italy. That is tat amount to comparing Oregon to Idaho... then the state governors run the isolation, and in some states arw banning effective treatments
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Mr. Dubi said:

In all reality, we should be keeping statistics by state. The USA is more like a continent than a single nation: people are comparing Germany to Italy. That is tat amount to comparing Oregon to Idaho... then the state governors run the isolation, and in some states arw banning effective treatments
BINGO. New York City is responsible for just under half of the deaths in the US.

US deaths to date: 12,704
New York deaths to date: 5,489
Texas deaths to date: 160

There is state by state data here (filter at the top of the page):

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Charlie Murphy
mpl35 said:

Charlie Murphy said:

EMY92 said:

Charlie Murphy said:

EMY92 said:

2 months ago, most people would have laughed at you if you told them to buy an extra package or two of toilet paper. Now, people are lining up an hour or more before the stores open in the hopes of buying one pack.

Now, shelves are empty, people are on edge. It is most likely going to blow over and we will all go on with our lives.

Not sure if youve been in Grocery stores in the past 10 days but shelves are not empty. Specifically to Houston, HEB is going to have to start begging people to buy certain items.
I have not been in the store in 3 weeks, but I have done the curbside pickups.

Many items are not available to order and I have had many items omitted or substituted. It's better now than 2 weeks ago, but you still can't go expecting to get everything you want from the store.
Yes you can, I did last Saturday and will next Saturday as well. Only substitution was a slightly different cut of pork than I wanted.
good for you. I haven't been able to buy what I wanted. Zero flour or rice. Plenty of steaks. No frozen foods. Limited breads. Last time they had no chicken. No TP. No paper towels either.

Time before that one store had no produce except tomatoes.

Don't try and tell other people what they can and can't get based on your fortunate experience.

Got everything we needed from HEB today minus paper towels.
mpl35
AG
Things are getting better here too. No TP or PT. I did find flour though on Sunday. Pasta and rice are still on short supply but managed to grab some. I don't think it is unexpected to see supplies come back up. But it still isn't back to normal. No Clorox wipes still.

Food choices Id say were back to 75-90%. Couldn't find all my first choices but substituted easily.
Slamn Sharpe
Walmart hasnt had milk here in Bryan. Who's hording MILk?? For over 2 weeks no milk. Freaking Walgreens treating me like a baby seal by hitting me over the back of the head
Charlie Murphy
surprised to not have seen an update count in the last week....
LEJ
I'd just like to know if the OP has any more clarity on why there's been a run on guns n ammo.
Mr. Dubi
Charlie Murphy said:

No ficks given anymore. The data is skewed bs to destroy the world economy and bring down Trump, since everything they have tried has failed miserably. Reagan's teflon looks like velcro compared Trump.

Remember there are 2-6 times as many flu deaths in the same time, as well as almost as many abortions each day as
the kungflu has taken so far this year
DE4D
Slamn Sharpe
Mr. Dubi said:

Charlie Murphy said:

No ficks given anymore. The data is skewed bs to destroy the world economy and bring down Trump, since everything they have tried has failed miserably. Reagan's teflon looks like velcro compared Trump.

Remember there are 2-6 times as many flu deaths in the same time, as well as almost as many abortions each day as

Good Lord! So Trump has been duped into destroying our economy?

How about, the Corona virus ruined the economy?
Slamn Sharpe
Charlie Murphy said:

Since you asked (more or less)

Death total is now
DVM97
AG
Mr. Dubi said:

Charlie Murphy said:

??

On February 29, ONE person had died from Covid-19, it took 38 days for that number to reach 10,000 deaths, in the last ten days, 20,000 more people have died. We are now over 30,000 deaths here in the US and on day 48 since death number one. To my knowledge approximately 2,000 people have died each day for the last two days. All of these deaths are WITH social distancing guidelines in place? I'm not here to argue whether the country should or should not be open for business. However, even if it was, neither myself nor my family is going to the movies, dinner, on a plane, or large scale event until these numbers start to drop substantially and we have a better idea of how many actual positive cases there are in the US.

How many here would readily go to NY, Italy, or New Orleans for business today?

And while I understand those are "hot spots", the point of social distancing is to avoid becoming the next "hot spot", this thing spreads like wildfire and no one knows who is and who is not carrying it?!

DVM
AggieChemist
AG
DVM97 said:

Mr. Dubi said:

Charlie Murphy said:

??

On February 29, ONE person had died from Covid-19, it took 38 days for that number to reach 10,000 deaths, in the last ten days, 20,000 more people have died. We are now over 30,000 deaths here in the US and on day 48 since death number one. To my knowledge approximately 2,000 people have died each day for the last two days. All of these deaths are WITH social distancing guidelines in place? I'm not here to argue whether the country should or should not be open for business. However, even if it was, neither myself nor my family is going to the movies, dinner, on a plane, or large scale event until these numbers start to drop substantially and we have a better idea of how many actual positive cases there are in the US.

How many here would readily go to NY, Italy, or New Orleans for business today?

And while I understand those are "hot spots", the point of social distancing is to avoid becoming the next "hot spot", this thing spreads like wildfire and no one knows who is and who is not carrying it?!

DVM
You're trying to convert the TRUE BELIEVERS.
dr_boogs
AG
I'm supposed to speak at a conference in Nice, France in September. Feel similarly to you about travel. Just cancelled that trip.

If you want a great and factual/objective site to follow the numbers, check out this site:

https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.