Outdoors
Sponsored by

Why is there a run on guns & ammo right now?

18,753 Views | 156 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by dr_boogs
Buck Turgidson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
McDadeTXAggie said:

schmellba99 said:

Ag_07 said:

And lol at calling this a 'flu like bug'

Hard to believe there are people who look at what's currently happening and still have this line of thinking.
Hard to believe people are looking at what is happening and thinking this is something other than a flu like bug, especially as more data comes out and more and more people are coming through infections fine on the other side.

But hey, let's parrot the pandemic mantra for a virus that has, so far, killed less people worldwide than the common flue does annually and we esitmate has infected .00107% of the world.

Something tells me this won't age well.
Is it Rachel Maddow or Nancy Pelosi that is telling you this?
Slamn Sharpe
Buck Turgidson said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

schmellba99 said:

Ag_07 said:

Hard to believe there are people who look at what's currently happening and still have this line of thinking.
Hard to believe people are looking at what is happening and thinking this is something other than a flu like bug, especially as more data comes out and more and more people are coming through infections fine on the other side.

But hey, let's parrot the pandemic mantra for a virus that has, so far, killed less people worldwide than the common flue does annually and we esitmate has infected .00107% of the world.

Common sense is
Slamn Sharpe
cavscout96 said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

rootube said:

LEJ said:

P.U.T.U said:

I know of 2 HFD stations that have at least half of their guys on quarantine, so it is happening.

To me you need to learn how to make people bleed and know how to stop it. Basic first aid and practice with a tourniquet goes a long way.

10-4
As long as we are going to challenge narratives. There appears to be a group, including several on this thread, who still believe this is no big deal and we just need to suck it up and get on with normal life. Despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. How do you feel about that "Narrative"?

Yep, and they're the ones talking about "intelligence" too.

Blindly believing everything you hear or see on television is far from a sign of intelligence.

I agree. It's a good thing we're not doing that
LEJ
mpl35 said:

Charlie Murphy said:

EMY92 said:

Charlie Murphy said:

EMY92 said:

2 months ago, most people would have laughed at you if you told them to buy an extra package or two of toilet paper. Now, people are lining up an hour or more before the stores open in the hopes of buying one pack.

Now, shelves are empty, people are on edge. It is most likely going to blow over and we will all go on with our lives.

Not sure if youve been in Grocery stores in the past 10 days but shelves are not empty. Specifically to Houston, HEB is goipng to have to start begging people to buy certain items.
I have not been in the store in 3 weeks, but I have done the curbside pickups.

Many items are not available to order and I have had many items omitted or substituted. It's better now than 2 weeks ago, but you still can't go expecting to get everything you want from the store.
Yes you can, I did last Saturday and will next Saturday as well. Only substitution was a slightly different cut of pork than I wanted.
good for you. I haven't been able to buy what I wanted. Zero flour or rice. Plenty of steaks. No frozen foods. Limited breads. Last time they had no chicken. No TP. No paper towels either.

Time before that one store had no produce except tomatoes.

Don't try and tell other people what they can and can't get based on your fortunate experience.

Dude! THIS is a first world problem if there ever was one! Especially under current circumstances!

I mean seriously... Read what you wrote again and pay attention this time.

mpl35
AG
So the f what? I never said it was a serious issue. Did you even read the comments I replied to before getting self righteous? I simply said that there definitely were shortages

Maybe you should go reread and pay attention.
Ornlu
AG
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

LEJ
Sounds like someone's got a case of the "whatever day it is"
LEJ
Old Sarge said:

I know I am late to this thread.

But a few/lot of people have lost sight that some elected politicians, mostly on the state/local level of some of our libtard states openly "requested" martial law. Not the National Guard. Martial Law. Big difference. However, you can't find any clips of it anymore. Scrubbed.

Thankfully, none of the National Officials have called for it. Yet.

However, when people hear that, and I know I was not the only one that picked up on it, it raises some eyebrows. I can honestly say, I have not purchased any more guns, or ammo, since this crisis happened. So, don't blame me.

Let's get a running list of names so the remediation efforts can begin.
proc
AG
AzAg80 said:

One of the "silver linings" of this very dark cloud...maybe more people are waking up to the fact that if/when society breaks down, personal defense will fall on their shoulders. My understanding is a lot of these are first time gun owners -- good sign for 2A rights going forward.

Personally, it's reminded me to replenish ammo as I use it. I shot every weekend in February, and got complacent. Finding ammo this month has been significantly more difficult.
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
proc said:

AzAg80 said:

One of the "silver linings" of this very dark cloud...maybe more people are waking up to the fact that if/when society breaks down, personal defense will fall on their shoulders. My understanding is a lot of these are first time gun owners -- good sign for 2A rights going forward.

Personally, it's reminded me to replenish ammo as I use it. I shot every weekend in February, and got complacent. Finding ammo this month has been significantly more difficult.

Same here. I started buying more than usual 3-4 weeks ago because I was worried it would get hard to replace what I use. I spend enough at one local gun shop they keep some from every shipment for me.
schmellba99
AG
Buck Turgidson said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

schmellba99 said:

Ag_07 said:

Neither, it's actual numbers. But hey, let's keep on with the mantra that this is the bubonic plague and we are all going to die, because it makes for good feelz or something.
Slamn Sharpe
schmellba99 said:

Buck Turgidson said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

schmellba99 said:

Ag_07 said:

Neither, it's actual numbers. But hey, let's keep on with the mantra that this is the bubonic plague and we are all going to die, because it makes for good feelz or something.

I'll bump this thread regardless in 6 weeks.
Today the death total is

malenurse
AG
Influenza numbers for comparison -

flu inllnesss - 50 million
hospitalized - 700k
flu deaths - 60k

Edit - I don't have a dog in this fight. To me, both situations are very serious. Plus, I believe both Covid and influenza are SERIOUSLY under estimated. At most ERs, where I work, we don't even test for Covid or the flu because it doesn't change the outcome, or the treatment. The only time we test is when a pt is hospitalized.

Edit again - my numbers are for the US, not worldwide
PFG
AG
Quote:

Today the death total is

I'll be right there with you.

Can't wait to make this my sig line, a glorious reminder of the density and ego that embodies many in our country:

schmellba99: "Hard to believe people are looking at what is happening and thinking this is something other than a flu like bug."

Obtuse.
techno-ag
AG
This thread.

Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
I Am A Critic
PFG said:

Quote:

Today the death total is

I'll be right there with you.

Can't wait to make this my sig line, a glorious reminder of the density and ego that embodies many in our country:

schmellba99: "Hard to believe people are looking at what is happening and thinking this is something other than a flu like bug."

Obtuse.
Be careful who you pick a fight with. Schmellba may be knee-high to a doodlebug but he's darn persistent.
Username checks out.
DatTallArchitect
AG
proc said:

AzAg80 said:

Here.
JSKolache
AG
Unemployment skyrocketing is why OP. When 10+ million people with hardly any savings at all lose their jobs within a month, they will have do whatever they can to live, afford the rent, food, etc. Stealing your wheels and pilfering through your garage might be on their to-do list. If they decide to take a peek inside, will you be ready?
Slamn Sharpe
We are in the early stages. They claim the peak is supposed to be May 16th.
Slamn Sharpe
JSKolache said:

Unemployment skyrocketing is why OP. When 10+ million people with hardly any savings at all lose their jobs within a month, they will have do whatever they can to live, afford the rent, food, etc. Stealing your wheels and pilfering through your garage might be on their to-do list. If they decide to take a peek inside, will you be ready?

All of that happens though with every "flu like" scenario
mpl35
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

We are in the early stages. They claim the peak is supposed to be May 16th.

Who claims that. Most I've seen have it 1-3 weeks sooner
ttha_aggie_09
AG
JSKolache said:

gomerschlep
AG
Speaking of fire and EMS, I know of a whole shift at a station here in the metroplex that all got exposed on a call, so they all quarantined themselves together, at one of their fishing cabins. Wives are making beers runs for them. Looks like they're having a blast.

Meanwhile we flew an intubated known positive today and it was a ****show, so I'm probably gonna get it.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I hope not. Thanks for stepping up in this time of crisis and I really hope you stay healthy.
P.U.T.U
AG
And now cities are releasing inmates, awesome
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
https://www.primaryarms.com/fiocchi-9mm-luger-115-gr-fmj-box-of-50

In stock, limit 10 boxes
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
P.U.T.U said:

Important clarification...Houston said they'd only be releasing non violent inmates, but they released some aggravated assaults too, so that was a lie.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
proc
AG
Red Pear Realty said:

In stock, limit 10 boxes
Gone, like a fart in the wind!

Thanks for posting this though.
CanyonAg77
AG
proc said:

Red Pear Realty said:

In stock, limit 10 boxes
Gone, like a fart in the wind!

Thanks for posting this though.
And no toilet paper to clean up after
matthopp
AG
PSA has some bulk 9mm FMJ in stock if thats what you are looking for.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/ammunition/handgun-ammunition.html?caliber_multi=2031
Slamn Sharpe
P.U.T.U said:

They do this with every flu like virus
Nothing to see here[/schmellba
PFG
AG
Bahahahaha

"Hard to believe people are looking at what is happening and thinking this is something other than a flu like bug."
VaultingChemist
AG
AgTech88
AG
I am looking for some 38 and they have some MAGTECH - anyone know this brand? I cant confirm from description if brass cased?
AgTech88
maverick2076
Mag tech is fine. I've run their 9mm and .32 ACP with no issues. It's brass cased.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.