Outdoors
Sponsored by

BGE with the Addition of a Smoke Tube???

1,161 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by OlRock
Mark Fairchild
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BGE owner for 10+ years, gotta a question. Has anyone added a smoke tube to their BGE? If so, what are the results you encountered? Looking at https://www.amazon.com/Pellet-Smoker-Tube-Stainless-Generator/dp/B07JGVBKN3/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=smoke+tube&qid=1585607382&sr=8-3 to add a bit of a smoker type element to the BGE!

Thanks!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
80sGeorge
AG
Try minion method

?format=750w

normaleagle05
AG
I have two of the round 6" tubes; forgot the brand. I bought them for cold smoking and haven't tried to use them to add smoke to a hot smoke in my egg which I think is what you're getting at. I don't see the need to add smoke to a low and slow hot smoke in the egg but they work great for cold smoking as long as the ambient temps are low enough.
malenurse
AG
I have that exact same tube. I bought it to use with my Green Mtn Grill pellet smoker. However, I mostly use it in my Weber when grilling burgers or steaks. It adds a nice smoky flavor to my grill. Should work fine in a BGE
DeWrecking Crew
Mark Fairchild said:

BGE owner for 10+ years, gotta a question. Has anyone added a smoke tube to their BGE? If so, what are the results you encountered? Looking at https://www.amazon.com/Pellet-Smoker-Tube-Stainless-Generator/dp/B07JGVBKN3/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=smoke+tube&qid=1585607382&sr=8-3 to add a bit of a smoker type element to the BGE!

Thanks!

I'm a little confused, I use my BGE as a smoker 90% of the time, just throw wood chunks on the coals and you've got a smoker. In what scenario are you looking for this tube to aid in smoking that throwing two chunks of wood on the coals not provide?
agfan2013
AG
DeWrecking Crew said:

Mark Fairchild said:

Thanks!

I'm a little confused, I use my BGE as a smoker 90% of the time, just throw wood chunks on the coals and you've got a smoker. In what scenario are you looking for this tube to aid in smoking that throwing two chunks of wood on the coals not provide?

This, just cut fist sized chunks of wood in with the charcoal and go. I usually have 5+ chunks if its a long smoke like a brisket, 3-5 if its something shorter ribs/chicken/etc. Dont think a smoker tube is necessary at all.
kyledr04
AG
For a low/slow smoke, I put several chunks of wood in with the charcoal (spread out evenly) and then throw a big handful of traeger pellets in too. Makes smoke the whole time with a nice smoke ring on a brisket.
OlRock
AG
you could make that out of foil?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.