Outdoors
Sponsored by

Outdoor flat top griddles

4,082 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TxAg82
AstroAggie15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Curious to know what the OB thinks of these things? I've been really tempted to buy a Blackstone Griddle.

If you have one, how often do you use it? Is it worth it? What all do you cook with it?
PFG
AG
PFG
AG
The OB has lots of thoughts on them. Just one swift google search away.
AstroAggie15
AG
PFG said:

You seem like the kinda guy that has leashes on his kids
Canyon99
I've got the 36" model and enjoy it. Would recommend to those looking to buy.
Ag83
AG
I have a Camp Chef FTG600. Really enjoy it. Cook almost anything on them you want. Very much recommend.
AnScAggie
AG
AstroAggie15 said:

PFG said:

You seem like the kinda guy that has leashes on his kids

No he just beats them for asking stupid questions.

I don't think this is a stupid question btw.
BanderaAg956
I have a 36" Blackstone Griddle and I love it!
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
Old RV Ag
AG
FIDO in 3, 2, 1, ...
PFG
AG
Actually, I'm the kind of guy that hits up a internet search engine first, seeing if a topic has been discussed over the last 2-4 months, before posting a thread.

You know, some simple research before asking for handouts.

But you do you.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
I have one. They are nice. Nothing fancy but cooks well. We use them a lot for base camp when hunting.
dodger02
AG
PFG, I don't remember you always being this pissy. Between this thread and the Belize one, are you in a mood or is this who you really are?
Chief77
AG
We have one and absolutely love it!
lawless89
dodger02 said:

PFG, I don't remember you always being this pissy. Between this thread and the Belize one, are you in a mood or is this who you really are?

Have you been living under a rock?
dodger02
AG
Kind of...
He's always this way?
PFG
AG
I'm not sure how providing the OP with more info (the screen shot) and giving the search engine tip would make me pissy.

The griddle discussion is had here every 45-60 days. So instead of another thread, why not try google first?

Don't folks know to search for "_____ TexAgs forum" before starting a new thread? Or is that new info?

The Belize thread...come on now. OP Sarge is legit off his rocker. No one was going to call him on it, I'm bored, so I did.
FIDO*98*
AG
AstroAggie15 said:

If you have one, how often do you use it? Is it worth it? What all do you cook with it?

I have a 36" Pro at the house. Pretty rare that it gets more than one day off. It's not uncommon to use mine for breakfast, lunch, and dinner

Yes it's worth it. I like it so much, I bought a portable 22' for use on the road

Breakfast- Basically everything on a diner menu. Eggs, pancakes, bacon, sausage, hash browns, omelettes, hash, biscuits and gravy, home fries.....

Lunch/Dinner - Anything you cook on a pan or a grill. Best burgers ever and amazing for stir fry.

chaca5151
OP title should've said Outdoor flat top griddles are outdoors, that would've really set PFG off thank god he didn't do that.

Love mine now go buy one!
Not everyone gets the same version of me. One person might tell you I have an amazing beautiful soul. Another might tell you I’m a cold-hearted a$$^ole. Believe them both. I don’t treat people badly. I treat them accordingly - unknown
zooguy96
I dunno, I've never seen a griddle thread. And even if there has been one, I don't think anyone on the OB cares to help people. Well, most OB people that is.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
Aggie_3
AstroAggie15 said:

Curious to know what the OB thinks of these things? I've been really tempted to buy a Blackstone Griddle.

I freakin love my blackstone I use it usually 2-3 times a week, cooks the best bacon hands down
MizooAg94
AG
Got my Blackstone at Walmart. Much cheaper than Amazon. Came with a stand, cover and tank adapter. I built a outdoor table with granite top for it...thats how much we love it. We make a lot of sausage and cooking that with peppers and onions...the smell is crazy good. It cooks salmon incredibly well too. It really completed the backyard with grill, smoker, and frydaddy.
Brazos1865
AG
I've had a Camp Chef 600 for about a year and use it often. I went with the CC because there is a grill under the griddle; I've only used the grill a couple of times. Haven't missed my conventional gas grill.

Added a pizza oven a while back and it works great as well. The large pizza oven will fit the grill, but isn't made for it. With a little Aggie engineering, it works great.

They're pretty dang versatile, and cook well. Buy a cover for it, otherwise it will need cleaning before you cook. I have this cover in SS and it works very well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07C8D1XQX?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

maverick12
AG
They are awesome and can cook so many different things exceptionally well. Steaks, lobster tails, corn on the cob, etc. As far as accessories, I really like the basting dome for lobster tails, melting cheese on burgers, corn on the cob, etc. Since I got my Blackstone, I almost never cook on my gas grill.
drummer0415
AG
Just echoing what's already been said. Have a 36" Blackstone and love it. Definitely recommend. My favorite to make is big breakfast, but it's also great for burgers because you can do bacon and onions right along next to the patties. I also did some experimenting with hibachi steak/chicken/vegetables/fried ri and got results that about 95% as good as going to a legit hibachi restaurant.
Jefe07
AG
I have the Sam's Club (Member's Mark) version, and I really like it. I can't compare the value of it versus a Blackstone because I've never used a Blackstone.

It does have noticeable hot zones, front to back. But once you get used to that, it's easy enough to utilize for variation in heat levels.
SanAntoneAg
AG
MizooAg94 said:

Got my Blackstone at Walmart. Much cheaper than Amazon. Came with a stand, cover and tank adapter. I built a outdoor table with granite top for it...thats how much we love it. We make a lot of sausage and cooking that with peppers and onions...the smell is crazy good. It cooks salmon incredibly well too. It really completed the backyard with grill, smoker, and frydaddy.

But are the Blackstones at Walmart of lesser quality than the ones sold elsewhere?
malenurse
AG
PFG said:

I'm not sure how providing the OP with more info (the screen shot) and giving the search engine tip would make me pissy.

The griddle discussion is had here every 45-60 days. So instead of another thread, why not try google first?

Don't folks know to search for "_____ TexAgs forum" before starting a new thread? Or is that new info?

The Belize thread...come on now. OP Sarge is legit off his rocker. No one was going to call him on it, I'm bored, so I did.
The first post was very helpful. The second post was just you being a d***.
TxAg82
AG
Love mine. I prefer it to grilling for almost everything. I really enjoy breakfast on the weekends with the family. A big flat top of potatoes, eggs, and bacon.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.