Outdoors
Sponsored by

Spring crappie bite 2 pounders

2,335 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by JLN90
FirefightAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So as the saying goes; it's not what you know but who you know. As it often rings true for me when fishing I like to fish and catch but I'll fully admit I'm not much of a fish em to figure them out type.
So for the who- its my uncle he is a dedicated outdoors man and good fisherman. After I got a few texts saying the big crappie were bitting, I wanted in. As luck would have it, it was supposed to rain Saturday, I work Sunday so only option was leaving straight from work Friday morning. It was cool and cloudy then warm and extremely windy. Almost terrible conditions. But we fought it, used his skills and landed 30 fish. All keepers with 6 going over 2pounds and quite a few right at 1 pound 15oz.

The bucket shot

Cleaned up and vac bagged

Guide dog and inspection dog

Big fish of the day

BreNayPop
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Not a fan of fish them to figure em out.....so you mean you aren't a fan of fishing?

Basically you want to just show up get a limit and be done with it, cool. I guess you can't just get the meat because you need an extra body to up the amount allowed?
FirefightAg
AG
oh boy. Not at all. I'm just not a die hard fisherman. I like to go and be outdoors. But if it's slow I won't stick around. I even fully admitted this Whereas my uncle will fish all day to catch 1 then use that info (depth, color gig, time of day ECT) to go catch more the next. If the fishing is good I enjoy it. So it's nice for my uncle to take me. On the flip side I'll walk 100 miles for 1 pheasant.

The crappie limit is 25 per person. So we barely had 1 limit. We had 2 live Wells he caught 18 I had 12 in mine.
Shoefly!
AG
Very nice fish, maybe this will spark you into becoming a go getter fisherman. I've seen it happen. Can you tell us where this occurred and some GPS coordinates?
FirefightAg
AG
Thanks for the encouragement but I don't think it will. Don't get me wrong I fish on my own and have been a terrible fisherman since I was 3 or 4 years old.
BrazosBQ
C4D
AG
Oh my goodness.
Hard to look at a crappie filet
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
Post removed:
by user
water turkey
Best eating freshwater fish.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Super jealous!!!
AggieDruggist89
AG
FAT SEXY said:

Where do crappie rank on taste?

Best eating freshwater fish yes, along with walleye.
Post removed:
by user
OnlyForNow
AG
Doesn't keep well enough to be mass sold and frozen.

Also it's very soft after being frozen, catfish doesn't get too firm or too soft.
FirefightAg
AG
Here is lunch. Baked fish tacos

Goodest Poster
AG
water turkey said:

Best eating freshwater fish.

Walleye still holds that trophy
A New Hope
Too bony imo to be worthwhile.
JLN90
AG
Fedup said:

Too bony imo to be worthwhile.
?...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.