Outdoors
Sponsored by

Port A mayor shuts down fishing

2,595 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aggie4231
SanAntoneAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
From beach, jetties and the ship channel.

https://cityofportaransas.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Third-Mayoral-Declaration.pdf

I hear the Port Mansfield boat ramps will be closed, if not already.
Stat Monitor Repairman
People have gone bat-**** crazy with this *****

Can you think of a more solo and independent activity than fishing.

What the **** man, what the ****?
Post removed:
by user
sunchaser
AG
Quote:

Can you think of a more solo and independent activity than fishing

Fishing on the south jetty is not a solo and independent activity. If you want to get out in a kayak or flats boat and be solo and independent you can do that.

In my opinion they should have taken this step before spring break and not have had the beaches shoulder to shoulder with outside influx. The failure to make that decision may have negative effects.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
We social distanced in Port A over spring break next to the beach park.

sunchaser
AG
Many didn't!

fightingfarmer09
sunchaser said:

Many didn't!

That old guy...
Aggieangler93
AG
fightingfarmer09 said:

sunchaser said:

Many didn't!

That old guy...
I think he has a key chain clip for each belt loop!
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
aggie4231
AG
sunchaser said:

Many didn't!

But when exactly was the picture taken?

Most where already here when this really started to shtf.
TAMUG'04 Marine Fisheries.
lazuras_dc
AG
Went to the beach yesterday and there's a car every 20 yards. So in compliance but still busy for being on "lock down".

They shutdown the packery jetty bc people with nothing else to do were fishing right next to each other.

Tons of boats on the water despite heavy winds but still managed my four year old to get a couple of keeper trout this morning.
sunchaser
AG
That was on Wednesday March 11 and I was in Port A..Local schools had already closed. The big spring break crowd was the following week.The people I know and talked too wanted the beach closed. Shelter in place was implemented. Many of the restaurants closed except for carry out. Those that didn't had all of their toilet paper stolen as the Family Center had none as well as a lot of other things.

The rebuilding of our complex has had an average of 120 people working every day for over two years. On the 16th we had 60 and it's been around that every day since. They aren't coming to work due to the complications that this issue has brought on their families and they are payday dependent.

Just about any business in Port A struggles to get thru the winter so about this time a year things start to turn around so it's going to be a continued hardship.

I hope it changes quickly especially for the people that have been impacted to such a great degree because they can't walk out on the south jetty and put a dead shrimp on the bottom and reel in a trophy hard head.
Gary79Ag
AG
fightingfarmer09 said:

sunchaser said:

Many didn't!

That old guy...
Don't be making fun of me...
aggie4231
AG

I just want to be able to soak a line and catch some piggies. Although still not having Charlies Pasture is a real bummer.
TAMUG'04 Marine Fisheries.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.