Outdoors
Sponsored by

Ammo shortage? CTD to the rescue...

2,978 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SanAntoneAg
GSS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cheaper Than Dirt once again will take care of your needs--- Winchester Service Grade 115gr FMJ for a measly $26/box.
I'm sure their site has other similar "bargains"....

I know, free enterprise at work, but that company loves the gullible and poor planners.
NRA Life
TSRA Life
SACR
AG
GSS said:

Cheaper Than Dirt once again will take care of your needs--- Winchester Service Grade 115gr FMJ for a measly $26/box.
I'm sure their site has other similar "bargains"....

I know, free enterprise at work, but that company loves the gullible and poor planners.
Is it considered gouging if it is only twice the regular price?
P.U.T.U
AG
CTD does this every time there is a scare and people still buy from them. Until people stop buying they will keep doing it.
O.G.
Those people are scum.
AggieGunslinger
AG
I don't have any problem with this, they are selling a good in high demand so it commands a high price.

What got them their rep as scum (deservedly) is that a bunch of people, myself included, had paid for ammo but then Sandy Hook or one of the other shootings happened and they cancelled the paid for orders only to out the ammo right back up on their website at twice the price. That is BS. If they had honored their existing orders they wouldn't have a bad rep.
AggieRob93
AG
I don't like the pricing increase, but if the market bears it, and we are capitalists here, what's the issue? Shall we have govt intervention to control pricing - and supply?
GSS
There were unverified reports of "Lower Than Dirt" buying up ammo supplies at retailers who don't price hike (such as Walmart and Academy), then posting on their site "we have ammo!" at the 3-4x price.

With the cancelling of paid orders as mentioned, it certainly sounds plausible.
NRA Life
TSRA Life
Muzzleblast
Supply, meet Demand.

Haven't purchased anything from them in years.

Be prepared.
average_joker
AG
I can't fathom a day where I wish I bought a $70 bottle of Purell, but a day when I wish I had bought a $26 box of ammo. That's easy to imagine.
ldg397
AG
I haven't purchased anything from them for years because of this. They were the only place in town that had ammo during the shortages. Selling 100 CCI .22 for almost $30. As they say I am going to give them a good lettin alone.
planoaggie123
AG
where do you all buy ammo from these days (normal times, not panic times)?

I bought a TON from Freedom Munitions years back and still have a decent amount left but may want to pad the pile just a bit.
BenderRodriguez
AG
ldg397 said:

They were the only place in town that had ammo during the shortages.

The system works!

Tee
AG
https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/consumer-protection/disaster-and-emergency-scams/how-spot-and-report-price-gouging

Apparently to be considered price gouging, the gouge has to involve a necessity. Personally, I would consider ammunition a necessity. File a complaint if you are upsetyou are already paying taxes for the AG.
Canyon99
Won't ever buy from them. They have the right to operate in this manner but they won't get a dime from me now or anytime in the future. Carry on CTD.
zooguy96
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
ldg397
AG
Don' get me wrong. They can sell it for whatever they want and I am not advocating a different system. But the extent of the pricing and actively trying to take away your other sources is going too far in my opinion. So I have decided to not spend any money there now or in the future.
rab79
AG
Canyon99 said:

Won't ever buy from them. They have the right to operate in this manner but they won't get a dime from me now or anytime in the future. Carry on CTD.
place of last resort and no ammo ever from them.
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
A lot of y'all need a serious lesson in remedial economics . . .
Moon Shadow
Dang it.
My previous message didn't go.
If one hates CTD that much, take TX 30 down east toward Huntsville.
This side of Huntsville is Able Ammo, south side of 30.
OR go to Natchez Shooters Supply (www.natchezss.com) out of Chattanooga, TN.
lexofer
AG
AggieGunslinger said:

What got them their rep as scum (deservedly) is that a bunch of people, myself included, had paid for ammo but then Sandy Hook or one of the other shootings happened and they cancelled the paid for orders only to out the ammo right back up on their website at twice the price. That is BS. If they had honored their existing orders they wouldn't have a bad rep.

They had a bad rap long before that. When Obama first got elected they sent out email flyers mentioning the upcoming AWB along with magazine prices insanely increased from the week before. They were purposely generating fear for profit.

Also they kept the MSRP up when they increased prices. Instead of saying "you save 33%" it said "you save -800%". Then they went and changed the MSRP prices so it looked like you were saving. When people pointed out lying about MSRP is illegal they took down the comparison prices.
AggieGunslinger
AG
I don't remember that, but I was just getting into shooting sports when Obama took over so I wasn't aware of that. More shady dealings from a shady company.
Agshooter05
This exact thing happened to me after Sandy Hook
SACR
AG
AggieGunslinger said:

I don't have any problem with this, they are selling a good in high demand so it commands a high price.

So the box of ammo in the OP was most likely someone else's order?
SanAntoneAg
AG
Wait, I thought it was the first time gun and ammo buyer libs who were causing this run.

Since the rest of us already have our **** together.

Let 'em pay double.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.