Outdoors
Sponsored by

Is fishing allowed...

5,132 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TRIDENT
WestTexasAg04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yalls thoughts on whether or not fishing is allowed right now during the shelter in place. More specifically coming from CStat to fish Lake Somerville. Would not be bringing the boat or yaks.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
P.U.T.U
AG
Just don't bring 10 people and you are fine.
zooguy96
Do you have a fishing pole? If so, I think you answered your question.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
WestTexasAg04
AG
Thanks for posting that link to the order. I had not seen that. Looks like we're going to go catch a few more of those white bass today.
eric76
AG
As I understand it, you can now visit many national parks without paying an entrance fee, but their buildings such as visitors centers are being closed. That can apparently include restroom facilities.

It might bring new meaning to "pack it out".

Edit: I just looked it up and some parks are completely closed to the public now.

As for Texas, from www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/a31919987/national-parks-closed-coronavirus/:
Quote:

Texas
Both of Texas's national parks are open to day use, but have closed facilities and are not allowing people to spend the night within the parks.

Big Bend National Park
As of March 23, Big Bend National Park remains open to day use but all of its campgrounds and lodges are closed and river trips are canceled.

Guadalupe Mountains National Park
As of March 18, Guadalupe Mountains National Park remains open to the public and trails are accessible for day use only. The visitor center and all contact stations are temporarily closed.
CS78
Lots of folks bank fishing around the dam yesterday. Lots of boats on the water too.
10thYrSr
Called today, and overlook park Marina is open for business.
agsalaska
AG
It is clearly expressed in Bell Co that fishing is allowed and has been encouraged by local officials.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
WestTexasAg04
AG
Took home 26 crappie between me and the two girls. Threw back about 10 undersize crappie. Girls landed 23 of the 26.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
LukeDuke
AG
Absolutely - fishing is grocery shopping
rab79
AG
Sasappis said:

I have not read the Brazos County order, but based on the orders issued in Dallas, Tarrant and Harris Counties it absolutely is allowed. There are no travel restrictions in those orders that would stop you from participating in outdoor activities as long as you stay in compliance with the 6' spacing.
To paraphrase, cough softly and carry a 6 foot stick.
docb
AG
I went fishing yesterday with a buddy and we caught about 15 bass up to 5 pounds and a few hybrids mixed in. I'd just make sure the boat ramp is open before heading out. I heard the LCRA ramps are all closed.
Shes2fat4me
AG
Took the kids and Hit Lake Buchanan today and in 3.5 hours had 3 limits of whites trolling. Daughter also landed a 14" crappie.
JonSnow
Not in Washington
TRIDENT
AG
Took my boat out yesterday in Galveston. There were quite a few others out there, too. Fish were biting!
Aggieangler93
AG
Port A banned shore fishing.

But you can go in your boat!
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
ordRV80
AG
Fished Lake Somerville, Newman Bottom on Yegua Creek yesterday afternoon.

Good news is you can still fish and easy to stay 10 feet away from others. They also have closed the self pay stations so you don't even have to pay your 4 bucks.

Bad news is the white bass run is about done. Not much catching going on.
Soldier, Statesman, Knightly Gentleman
AggieOO
watch out for crocodiles

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-rwandan-who-defied-lockdown-killed-by-crocodile-20200325-k6zvhyjpvvfdrfnhxvwjljmu6i-story.html
Aggieangler93
AG
TRIDENT said:

Took my boat out yesterday in Galveston. There were quite a few others out there, too. Fish were biting!
what'd ya get?
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
sunchaser
AG
...in addition you can't go with a guide....
75Strat
AG
Plenty of fishing with guides at Matagorda. Beach is closed but bay fishing is hot.
CS78
75Strat said:

Plenty of fishing with guides at Matagorda. Beach is closed but bay fishing is hot.
Physically blocked off or just "closed". Wondering if you can drive east to kayak fish?
75Strat
AG
Don't know if Matagorda Beach access is physically blocked as I haven't been down to the entrance. LCRA park is closed.
TRIDENT
AG
Mixed bag at the jetties on live croakers. Caught redfish, sheephead and gafftop. Some good pulls and some good time with my boys soaking up vitamin D.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.