Outdoors
Sponsored by

Delayed approval from background check, system overwhelmed

7,239 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Hoyt Ag
TdoubleH
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cleared and purchased one this evening at Atwood's. No LTC. Lots of folks getting told of delays and they simply told them to comeback but the gun probably won't be there.
Aggie304
That's why I paid for mine Saturday so he'd put it in his safe for me
Aggie304
My first handgun

https://imgur.com/CW6anjZ

BenderRodriguez
AG
Congrats! If you'd like, send me a message and I can try to go over some basics and safety stuff with you via FaceTime.
tamc93
AG
Congrats! That is my daily carry and love it.

Time to start looking for #2, #3, ...
FJB, FPA, and FAZ
Aggie304
I'd appreciate that a lot. Thanks! I'll message you later, pretty busy today but what is normally a good time of day for you?
TH36
Congrats and welcome to the thunder dome.
BenderRodriguez
AG
Usually between 2-4 pm or after 8 pm, unless you want to hear incomprehensible toddler noises in the background.

BNR05
AG
Welcome to the addiction!
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
BenderRodriguez said:

Usually between 2-4 pm or after 8 pm, unless you want to hear incomprehensible toddler noises in the background.

After 10pm, you get incomprehensible toddler noises directly on the phone, depending on how much bourbon has been consumed.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
BCStalk
Did you ever get any Hellcats with optics?
Ifishandlie
AG
I think the 3 day rule is not in effect right now. It's 3 "business" days and the state offices are closed.

We were told everyone is having to wait until the state offices open back up and then wait the 3 days (which is supposed to be around 4/15).
Pretty crazy. NICS normally processes 20,000 checks a day. They are doing 80,000 a day right now.

I'm more afraid of getting shot than the Coronavirus
Angry Beaver
AG
April 22nd date today
LEJ
Ifishandlie said:

I think the 3 day rule is not in effect right now. It's 3 "business" days and the state offices are closed.

We were told everyone is having to wait until the state offices open back up and then wait the 3 days (which is supposed to be around 4/15).
Pretty crazy. NICS normally processes 20,000 checks a day. They are doing 80,000 a day right now.

Literally, bullsht
TXAG9
AG
Could be worse. I ordered one from Cabelas just for it to arrive on the day Shelter in Place was issued. Looks like the gun is there until they open again...
BCStalk
Yeah I have a Hellcat with the red dot sitting in a box at primary arms since Thursday.
LEJ
The 2nd is essential.
McInnis
AG
Does Texas exempt concealed carry license holders from background checks? In Wyoming we have constitutional carry, but if you have a license no check is required.
BCStalk
I think it's the discretion of the FFL dealer.
LEJ
It strikes me as a bit weird that we're still trying to adhere to their "rules" but they have completely abandoned them
agrams
AG
Angry Beaver
AG
Ifishandlie said:

Can someone explain what the state offices have to do with this? The Brady Act is a federal regulation, not State.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Angry Beaver said:

Ifishandlie said:

Can someone explain what the state offices have to do with this? The Brady Act is a federal regulation, not State.
A lot of states have state checks, as well.
hillcountryag86
AG
I have not seen anything from NICS regarding changes to the three-day guidance.
Yesterday
AG
Ifishandlie said:

This is false. A business day, as defined by the ATF, is a day that the FFL is open for business. I'll find the language if I have time today. Had to show an auditing agent so she wouldn't write me up for a few transactions.

Check that!! They may have changed this in the last two years. It now specifically says, "business days are days that state offices are open." I will have to refer back to my older, big fat, atf book to get what I was referencing. Sorry for the confusion.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
03ki11erAG said:

Ifishandlie said:

This is false. A business day, as defined by the ATF, is a day that the FFL is open for business. I'll find the language if I have time today. Had to show an auditing agent so she wouldn't write me up for a few transactions.
Which is really frustrating when dealing with the auditors. Dealt with the same situation but a different reason during our audit last year.

What's they're saying is that since the a lot of state government people are sent home that they verify their information with, that the brady date from them has been pushed back. I get what they are saying but don't agree with it. Nor are we holding to that. In fact, the whole point of the three business days deal was to prevent something like this from being used to stop people from buying guns. Otherwise, an indefinite delay would be a very dangerous tool the government had to shut down gun sales.
Angry Beaver
AG
Sold!
Angry Beaver
AG
Any of y'all who were delayed getting a response yet?
HeadGames
AG
I did not feel as though it needed a new thread. The subject of delay is the relation.

Firearm inventory

What increase in time have you seen since all the panic buying? Are you still being supplied regularly? If there is a "special" order, how long does it take to ship that product from the vendor/supplier to you?

Stupe
S
Angry Beaver said:

Application was started on 3/18 and was cleared last night (3/29).
BrokeAssAggie
Stupe said:

Angry Beaver said:

Application was started on 3/18 and was cleared last night (3/29).

Makes me feel better. I have been on delay since 3/21.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
We've had a ton come back proceed.... For a large chunk of them, I'm like, don't care, already followed the law and let the customer have the gun.
Hoyt Ag
AG
Just text you
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.