Outdoors
Sponsored by

Experience with Rifle Sling with Thumb Hole?

6,972 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Mr. Nussbaum
SA Ag 91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone used one of these and what do you think of it?

Found my self constantly adjusting my rifle sling on 400 yard walk to blind this season.

If you have used one, do you have a brand/style you recommend (or not recommend)?

TIA
highvelocity
AG
Any rifle that I sling gets slung from to the opposite shoulder so it's diagonal on my back. Keeps both hands free to access side arm and / or knife if I come into contact with pigs
Owner of Texas Strap Company use code TEXAGS for 15% off
www.txstrapco.com

Sales Director for BCA Firearms
www.bcafirearmstx.com
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
My buddy has a sling like this that his grandpa made back in the day. It's awesome. He had one just like it made by a guy that builds leather goods.

They are both awesome looking and very good for hiking around with a rifle if you're hunting in hills. I've toted both rifles around he has them on.
TdoubleH
AG
I've use this. Works really well.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075QBNSYH?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
agenjake
I actually use my sling's thumb hole to steady myself when I shoot. Put my ring finger in the thumb hole and when I put the gun up to my cheek, the tension in the sling pulls the gun into my shoulder. This is especially helpful when standing.

I don't think that really gets to what you're asking though.
yakin ag
AG
Academy has a sling that has a rubber pad that keeps it from sliding on your shoulder. I've only had it out a few times since I bought it, but it didn't slide those few times.
txrancher69
AG
I have a custom made one on a pretty heavy rifle - Ruger No. 1 with varmint barrel. Works exceptionally well, especially in the mountains. Had it lined with sheepskin which also helps.
Naveronski
AG
I've used one of these for a while:
https://www.skdtac.com/Blue-Force-Gear-VCAS-Padded-Sling-p/bfg.104.htm

It's not exactly a thumb-hole style, but does allow quick adjustment and is simple to set up. It's padded, too, which would be nice for those 400yd walks.
FSGuide
I actually bought one of those rubber slings that they had on an infomercial. The dude was selling them at the NRA convention or TTHA convention or somewhere similar. I messed with one at his booth and figured I'd take a chance. I put it on my deer rifle. It's pretty dang good. Doesn't slip when on single shoulder. Easily goes to cross shoulder and you can even go to backpack strap mode with it if you're doing some serious hiking.

This is the one.

SMM48
AG
Some popular ones

Ferro concepts slingster
Bluefprce tactical.

I use the Viking tactical. But they are all basically the same. The thumb loop is for quick adjust to go to weak side.

By adjusting your slings endpoint clips. You can really get it adjusted overly tight at the max end
Mr. Nussbaum
AG
https://www.blueforcegear.com/slings
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.