Outdoors
Sponsored by

All Eyes on Virginia Today (Virginia Gun Protest)

6,727 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TacosaurusRex
Daddy-O5
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
reddog90
AG
txags92 said:

reddog90 said:

Aggieangler93 said:

I'm hoping it stays peaceful. I cannot imagine that same thing happening in Texas. I would assume we would have already burned the capitol building down and posted snipers on all adjacent buildings, if they tried to limit our 2A rights in this State.

Not one inch.....
VA was a pretty gun-friendly state until November '19. This could easily happen in TX.

The Virginia situation came about from a combination of Soros and Bloomberg deluging state dems with campaign money, Obama's tremendous expansion of the government agencies, and apathy towards the situation by republican voters. I don't think we will have any problems with voter apathy in the next election...
Yes, that's exactly what happened there. And it could easily happen in TX.
erudite
McDadeTXAggie said:

What is this boomer and glow in the dark stuff mean?
Glow in the dark refers to CIA. Specifically a statement by this dude.
Quote:

CIA ni***** glow in the dark, you can see them driving.
highvelocity
AG
The second amendment protects everything I hold dear. If you don't like the conversation, see yourself out
Owner of Texas Strap Company use code TEXAGS for 15% off
www.txstrapco.com

Sales Director for BCA Firearms
www.bcafirearmstx.com
highvelocity
AG
the two armed individuals in the ups van just completed a robbery and hijacked the UPS truck as a getaway. whats ****ed about this is several things:

1. stolen property is insured
2. there were a couple of choke points they couldve surrounded the vehicle in, but instead chose to engage on a busy highway using civilians as human ****ing shields
3. THEY USED CIVILIANS AS HUMAN ****ING SHIELDS
4. killed the two armed individuals, the ups driver and someone in their car. theres a video somewhere of them killing the UPS driver to get at the armed individuals. i also saw a video of the truck being towed down the highway with hundreds of rounds through it.

i'm not sure wtf they are doing for training in florida, but between that and the school shooting, something is royally ****ed.
www.txstrapco.com

www.bcafirearmstx.com
txags92
AG
reddog90 said:

txags92 said:

reddog90 said:

Aggieangler93 said:

I'm hoping it stays peaceful. I cannot imagine that same thing happening in Texas. I would assume we would have already burned the capitol building down and posted snipers on all adjacent buildings, if they tried to limit our 2A rights in this State.

Not one inch.....
VA was a pretty gun-friendly state until November '19. This could easily happen in TX.

The Virginia situation came about from a combination of Soros and Bloomberg deluging state dems with campaign money, Obama's tremendous expansion of the government agencies, and apathy towards the situation by republican voters. I don't think we will have any problems with voter apathy in the next election...
Except in our case, instead of the flood of government employees coming into Northern Virginia to work in DC, we have a flood of Californians coming to Austin.
GeorgiAg
AG
But we need to keep up with the Russians!!!

El Chupacabra
BenderRodriguez said:

schmellba99 said:

You vastly over estimate both the resolve of most people and yhe gun friendliness of Texas.

And thousands of them just showed up armed to protest what they view as unconstitutional bills. Not even laws, but the mere introduction of anti gun BS bills that the leftists have introduced and pushed for in the past.

So yeah, I think this may be something a little different from the historical reaction of "okay, I guess we can't make machine guns anymore because you passed an amendment to a bill with an undocumented voice vote".

I could be wrong, but I don't think additional infringements are going to go the way they have in the past.

So when the bills become laws, which they will, will there be 10s of thousands of armed protesters going to Richmond again?
highvelocity
AG
Sorry to chime in, but if that does happen, sanctuary cities will be up to bat to put their money where their mouth is. I do think if there is a situation where law enforcement go door to door to confiscate guns, there will be blood
www.txstrapco.com

www.bcafirearmstx.com
InfantryAg
AG
Red Pear Realty said:

InfantryAg said:

AggieChemist said:

To be fair, we have a real problem with cops executing people and dogs in this country. And it gets worse if you're black

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pecan_Park_raid

I didn't say there were NO problems. I want to see factual data that this is a "real" problem.

That's like saying we have a real problem with gun crime or schools shootings. It's only a "real" problem because of the news coverage, not the statistics.
Aggieangler93
AG
InfantryAg said:

Red Pear Realty said:

InfantryAg said:

AggieChemist said:

To be fair, we have a real problem with cops executing people and dogs in this country. And it gets worse if you're black

I didn't say there were NO problems. I want to see factual data that this is a "real" problem.

That's like saying we have a real problem with gun crime or schools shootings. It's only a "real" problem because of the news coverage, not the statistics.
I agree with this point. Wikipedia is not a valid source. It can be contributed to by anyone and I'm not sure if it is even vetted. I could care less about dogs, but where does OP come up with a statement about cops executing people? That's far from the norm, and out of how many daily LEO-civilian interactions a day across the USA, would you say someone gets executed?
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
LEJ
Aggieangler93 said:

InfantryAg said:

Red Pear Realty said:

InfantryAg said:

AggieChemist said:

I agree with this point. Wikipedia is not a valid source. It can be contributed to by anyone and I'm not sure if it is even vetted. I could care less about dogs, but where does OP come up with a statement about cops executing people? That's far from the norm, and out of how many daily LEO-civilian interactions a day across the USA, would you say someone gets executed?

Bro... it's been ALL over the news.

You want stats? That sounds pretty racist man.

Am I doing this right?
AggieChemist
AG
Cops shot an unarmed man trying to clean their windshield yesterday in Houston.

That happened to me in Houston several times and I always managed to NOT shoot the unarmed hobo.
BenderRodriguez
AG
El Chupacabra said:

So when the bills become laws, which they will, will there be 10s of thousands of armed protesters going to Richmond again?

Maybe, if they decide situation calls for it.

What is more likely is we finally take a page out of the liberal playbook on immigration and weed: massive non compliance and sanctuary cities that ignore the orders of the Crown.

Yesterday several important things happened.

1) like minded people came together and networked with others like them. Showing the govt in Richmond opposition to these unconstitutional and immoral laws was important, but more important was showing people they're not alone in this fight if they choose to continue civil disobedience.

2) The cops got a chance to interact with the protesters and learned several things. a) they are (for now) law abiding, peaceful citizens who are not looking for a fight with law enforcement. No arrests were made, the protesters picked up their own trash, etc. b) they are very, very well armed. c) they are organized d) they outnumber LEOs. Most estimates I saw of the protesters was in the 20,000 to 25,000 range. The number of sworn officers in Virginia is in the 22,000 range. That's absolutely going to weigh on some minds if Blackface Northam decides to actually try his tyrannical confiscation bullcrap against the rest of the state.

3) There is a widely taught police tactic. "Ask, Tell, Make". The sanctuary city/county initiatives before this were the ask. 25,000 armed protesters was the Tell. Now it is up to Northam whether or not he wants to keep pushing and have the people Make him stop this crap.

Only time well tell how all this goes, but I think yesterday was a very positive, very important thing for civil rights in this country.
Aggieangler93
AG
Calling someone a racists, when they ask for facts, is a common tactic I see with lots of folks that cannot logically support an argument. So if me calling your BS statement BS, makes me a "racist" in your mind, then I'm not going to change it. I never said a damn thing that could even be construed to be of a racist nature by anyone objective reading that post.....

I am simply trying to make a point. If you have 50,000 LEO encounters a day across the US, and 50 of those resulted in someone being "executed"....whatever the hell that means, then would that be a real problem? How many contacts are there daily across the US broken down by race? How many of those result in an "execution"?

My definition of an execution is an unarmed civilian who is complying with LEO directives, and then has deadly force used against them. Is this what you consider an execution? Are you saying that happens a lot with police in the US in the last few years? If you are, do you have any factual evidence beyond a few isolated incidents you have seen on the news? Any statistics that show it is actually a problem? I can see the preference that there should never be one, and I can bet most LEOs would agree, but that's naive in thinking a LEO is going in to a situation 100% of the time where no one is intent on doing harm or evil to others and they should never have to shoot someone. Do you know that bad guys, of any race, often arm themselves to do their evil deed?

I'm a data guy. If you have factual data to back up your statement, then make it. If you don't, you are no different than the news media claiming we have an assault rifle problem, when long guns killed less people than knives last year in the US. Just for once, stop and analyze what you say, to see if it could even have a shred of truth to it, before you continue defaming others.......
AgEng06
AG
I'm going to guess you aren't very familiar w/ LEJ (or sarcasm). Stick around here a little bit...
cavscout96
AG
AggieChemist said:

InfantryAg said:

AggieChemist said:

To be fair, we have a real problem with cops executing people and dogs in this country. And it gets worse if you're black.
Source???
because that is BS.
Get your head out of the sand.

I'm pretty sure the data doesn't bear this out if you mean "fatally shoot." which could me self defense, or not, or could mean exactly what you stated, "execute."

Now, parse out the word "execute." Define your terms and maybe we can have a conversation.

for example:

Quote:

In the original study, published on 22 July in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS), researchers at Michigan State University and the University of Maryland compiled a list of more than 900 fatal U.S. police shootings in 2015 using crowdsourced databases from The Washington Post and The Guardian. Then, they asked police departments for information about the race of the officers responsible for the shootings. They found black police were more likely to kill black civilians than white civilians. However, the same held true for white and Hispanic officers: Each group of police was likelier to shoot civilians of their own race. That's likely true, the researchers say, because police tend to be drawn from the communities they work in and are thus more likely to have deadly encounters with civilians of the same race. They concluded there were no antiblack or anti-Hispanic disparities across police shootings
[url=https://www.pnas.org/content/116/32/15877][/url]Now, some have come out against this as flawed analysis, but it was a peer reviewed study, so who is more biased? The researchers, or the folks crying foul? Who really knows.

Bottom line: I'm not sure that narrative, while pressed widely, is actually true.
Aggieangler93
AG
AggieChemist said:

Cops shot an unarmed man trying to clean their windshield yesterday in Houston.

That happened to me in Houston several times and I always managed to NOT shoot the unarmed hobo.
If it was yesterday, I can guarantee you there hasn't been time to investigate and determine the facts of the case. Are you saying an investigation showed he was unarmed, compliant, and shot to death? Or are you saying you were there and saw it? Did the shooting victim die? Were there any mitigating circumstances as to why deadly force was used?

We're not going to see eye to eye on this, if you think we have a problem in the US with cops executing people. In your world, it sounds like you think they can kill someone if they just don't like them. So much for policies, procedures, training, and laws that indicate when deadly force is authorized.

Do they screw up on occasion? Yep. Do surgeons screw up on occasion and "execute" people? Does any segment of society performing a stressful job screw up on occasion. Yep. 100 years ago, we may have had a real problem with this. Maybe even 60 years ago. But claiming we have a real problem with this now, is not something I see any evidence of across the US. Maybe that is because I want to look at the facts of the data across the country, and not look at 5 or 6 isolated news reports with no idea how many total contacts there are in that same time-frame.
Aggieangler93
AG
AgEng06 said:

I'm going to guess you aren't very familiar w/ LEJ (or sarcasm). Stick around here a little bit...
If that was sarcasm, I sure as hell missed it. My bad!
cbr
AG
reddog90 said:

txags92 said:

reddog90 said:

Aggieangler93 said:

Not one inch.....

take a look at houston and dallas. even on the DISCLOSED money, soros PUT those local politicians in power.
it HAS happened.
El Chupacabra
highvelocity said:

Sorry to chime in, but if that does happen, sanctuary cities will be up to bat to put their money where their mouth is. I do think if there is a situation where law enforcement go door to door to confiscate guns, there will be blood
Sanctuary cities will be up to bat very soon...the VA Dems aren't going to sit back and reflect on the 2A rally.

There won't be a door to door confiscation, that won't be needed. There has been compliance with every law passed to date, don't expect that to change.

The threat of becoming a felon and having your life ruined is enough for people to comply.
LEJ
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Man-shot-by-undercover-Houston-police-officer-was-14982051.php

This happened last week, and not only did they shoot him, they threw him in jail!
highvelocity
AG
i hope the sanctuary cities stand their ground. i did see a sheriff at the rally go live and say that he and his men would not enforce any laws pertained to any bans. so i really hope theres some bite behind the bark if the laws are passed.
www.txstrapco.com

www.bcafirearmstx.com
BenderRodriguez
AG
El Chupacabra said:

There won't be a door to door confiscation, that won't be needed. There has been compliance with every law passed to date, don't expect that to change.

The threat of becoming a felon and having your life ruined is enough for people to comply.

I get why you say that. NFA 34, GCA 68, Hughes 86, Import ban 89, AWB 94. I really do. We took it all. Without violence, even without much protesting or civil disobedience.

I'm telling you, it's different this time. The part of your post I bolded is why.

The laws proposed in Virginia will turn law abiding citizens into felons overnight for simply owning an inanimate object. But the thing that makes everything different this time from every past infringement is the Red Flag aspect. Do you have anyone in your life who disagrees with you politically and knows you own guns? If you lived in Virginia, you would be facing a future with a serious risk of being red flagged if these laws pass.

Virginian gun owners right now are contemplating a future with two options. Lose their rights and their property to the legal whims of people who look down on them as "deplorables and nazis"....or start acting like the felons those voters and politicians turned them into.

I know quite a few people who attended the rally. They are not political rally people. Many of them are combat vets. Several of them traveled from several states away to be there. They are people who are very, very opposed to the idea of America being a country where a man has to live in fear of a no knock raid on his house by a SWAT team of the State Security Apparatus because someone reported them anonymously to a Red Flag hotline, where the best outcome is he isn't murdered in front of his family and the Stazi don't find any "illegal" gun contraband to arrest him for possessing.

I was going to waste everyone's time with more of my crap, but instead if you have the time I'd like for you to give this guys quick 6 min speech a listen. He gets it. It is different this time. And I hope to God the people pushing these idiotic ideas figure that out before anyone else gets hurt (I say anyone else because people have already died thanks to red flag orders)

InfantryAg
AG
"Assault" weapons ban won't get passed.

First, it won't hold up in court.

More importantly, there will be mass non-compliance. And then all those newly created felons are gonna show up at the ballot box and vote republicans back into control and possibly even swing the state for Trump.

They will get as much passed as they think possible, without making everyone show up to vote. HOPEFULLY it is to late for that, we'll see if the energy keeps up.

I was at the rally and there were plenty of cops on the ground. Most were sitting around just hanging out. They were very friendly and seemed supportive more than anything else.
El Chupacabra
BenderRodriguez said:

El Chupacabra said:

I get why you say that. NFA 34, GCA 68, Hughes 86, Import ban 89, AWB 94. I really do. We took it all. Without violence, even without much protesting or civil disobedience.

I'm telling you, it's different this time. The part of your post I bolded is why.

The laws proposed in Virginia will turn law abiding citizens into felons overnight for simply owning an inanimate object. But the thing that makes everything different this time from every past infringement is the Red Flag aspect. Do you have anyone in your life who disagrees with you politically and knows you own guns? If you lived in Virginia, you would be facing a future with a serious risk of being red flagged if these laws pass.

Virginian gun owners right now are contemplating a future with two options. Lose their rights and their property to the legal whims of people who look down on them as "deplorables and nazis"....or start acting like the felons those voters and politicians turned them into.

I know quite a few people who attended the rally. They are not political rally people. Many of them are combat vets. Several of them traveled from several states away to be there. They are people who are very, very opposed to the idea of America being a country where a man has to live in fear of a no knock raid on his house by a SWAT team of the State Security Apparatus because someone reported them anonymously to a Red Flag hotline, where the best outcome is he isn't murdered in front of his family and the Stazi don't find any "illegal" gun contraband to arrest him for possessing.

I was going to waste everyone's time with more of my crap, but instead if you have the time I'd like for you to give this guys quick 6 min speech a listen. He gets it. It is different this time. And I hope to God the people pushing these idiotic ideas figure that out before anyone else gets hurt (I say anyone else because people have already died thanks to red flag orders)

I guess I'm jaded. I guess I'll believe it when I see it. I see no reason to believe it is different this time. And they won't stop...ever. And they have more money and more time and influence and judges and voters and corruption to work with. And they know how to play the long game and have done so for generations.
TacosaurusRex
"If you are reading this, I have passed on from this world — not as big a deal for you as it was for me."
T. Boone Pickens
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.