Outdoors
Sponsored by

All Eyes on Virginia Today (Virginia Gun Protest)

6,725 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TacosaurusRex
highvelocity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not sure how this hasnt been posted yet, but, keep an eye on this.

Link

What i love about this the most, is when republicans are faced with adversity, the protest is peaceful (as of now anyway). Back when the agenda was white cops shooting black teens, there would be rioting in the streets and damaging property.
Owner of Texas Strap Company use code TEXAGS for 15% off
www.txstrapco.com

Sales Director for BCA Firearms
www.bcafirearmstx.com
AgBQ-00
AG
Good showing no shenanigans so far. Hope it stays that way
AggieChemist
AG
To be fair, we have a real problem with cops executing people and dogs in this country. And it gets worse if you're black.
CanyonAg77
AG
The only shenanigans will be from opponents and agitators. There are already videos out there of infiltrators being called out.

Link, the original tweet is NSFW
Aggieangler93
AG
I'm hoping it stays peaceful. I cannot imagine that same thing happening in Texas. I would assume we would have already burned the capitol building down and posted snipers on all adjacent buildings, if they tried to limit our 2A rights in this State.

Not one inch.....
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
AggieChemist
AG
Aggieangler93 said:

I'm hoping it stays peaceful. I cannot imagine that same thing happening in Texas. I would assume we would have already burned the capitol building down and posted snipers on all adjacent buildings, if they tried to limit our 2A rights in this State.

Not one inch.....

Somebody set up a guillotine in Richmond.
jabberwalkie09
AG
AggieChemist said:

Aggieangler93 said:

Not one inch.....

Saw that the police apparently confiscated that or moved it to another area.
BenderRodriguez
AG
Aggieangler93 said:

Not one inch.....

Modify that to not ANOTHER inch to help get the point across to folks who aren't OB types.

We've given feet and yards away at this point, and they keep coming....which is why we're done.

Gun control has a proven historical track record of being targeted against minority and poor communities, has done nothing to stop crime or violence, and the democrats in Virginia are doing a fine job of demonstrating exactly why the founders intended the population to be armed against tyrannical behavior in the first place.

Not another inch. Not in Virginia, or Texas, or anywhere else.
cbr
AG
gun control is no different than any other laws or government. they'll take every inch, mile, no matter what, and always work against you with underhanded means as a collective.

the only way to fix this now is massive voting reform, essentially undoing almost all legislation in the past century, and resetting everything. that can't happen with the sucker vote in place as it is today.

the difference is the gun issue is the last one that allows you to draw your own line and not end up in a cattle car.
schmellba99
AG
Aggieangler93 said:

Not one inch.....

You vastly over estimate both the resolve of most people and yhe gun friendliness of Texas.
Aggieangler93
AG
schmellba99 said:

Aggieangler93 said:

Not one inch.....

You vastly over estimate both the resolve of most people and yhe gun friendliness of Texas.
Unfortunately, you probably have a point. Enough folks have moved in here that don't know their head from their arse, especially when it comes to guns and resolve. Roll on over, sheep, we know what is best for you.....
Slamn Sharpe
What is this boomer and glow in the dark stuff mean?
Aggieangler93
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

I am clueless about that also, although I will admit I have done very little to figure it out.
reddog90
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

Boomer = baby boomer. Never heard glow in the dark.
reddog90
AG
Aggieangler93 said:

Not one inch.....
VA was a pretty gun-friendly state until November '19. This could easily happen in TX.
Aggieangler93
AG
reddog90 said:

Aggieangler93 said:

Not one inch.....
VA was a pretty gun-friendly state until November '19. This could easily happen in TX.
I hope we are still a LOT of California/Washington transplants away from that **** happening here. I'm talking at least 50 years away, so maybe I will be really old or dead.
txags92
AG
reddog90 said:

Aggieangler93 said:

Not one inch.....

The Virginia situation came about from a combination of Soros and Bloomberg deluging state dems with campaign money, Obama's tremendous expansion of the government agencies, and apathy towards the situation by republican voters. I don't think we will have any problems with voter apathy in the next election...
El Chupacabra
AggieChemist said:

Aggieangler93 said:

Not one inch.....

Too bad they didn't use it............to chop vegetables and stuff (please don't raid my house, FBI).
El Chupacabra
BenderRodriguez said:

Aggieangler93 said:

Not one inch.....

Modify that to not ANOTHER inch to help get the point across to folks who aren't OB types.

We've given feet and yards away at this point, and they keep coming....which is why we're done.

Gun control has a proven historical track record of being targeted against minority and poor communities, has done nothing to stop crime or violence, and the democrats in Virginia are doing a fine job of demonstrating exactly why the founders intended the population to be armed against tyrannical behavior in the first place.

Not another inch. Not in Virginia, or Texas, or anywhere else.

Yep. There has been near 100% compliance with EVERY infringement in EVERY state.
El Chupacabra
cbr said:

gun control is no different than any other laws or government. they'll take every inch, mile, no matter what, and always work against you with underhanded means as a collective.

the only way to fix this now is massive voting reform, essentially undoing almost all legislation in the past century, and resetting everything. that can't happen with the sucker vote in place as it is today.

the difference is the gun issue is the last one that allows you to draw your own line and not end up in a cattle car.

Gun control initiatives and the current mountains of infringements will not be slowed down or repealed with voting reform or voting in 'Republicans'.
Mas89
AG
AggieChemist said:

To be fair, we have a real problem with cops executing people and dogs in this country. And it gets worse if you're black.
Wow. You are describing the Harding street raid inHouston last year. Exactly what happened.
Swarely
Aggieangler93 said:

reddog90 said:

Aggieangler93 said:

Not one inch.....
I hope we are still a LOT of California/Washington transplants away from that **** happening here. I'm talking at least 50 years away, so maybe I will be really old or dead.

I know plenty of Dems that are pro gun. The valley may be blue, but those guys love their guns.
BenderRodriguez
AG
schmellba99 said:

I think you're making a mistake here that I am fond of making too....relying too much on historical precedent and ignoring a potential large shift in population behavior. I know Gamergate is probably well, well outside the sphere of stuff OB folks care or know about, but it was important. If we had understood just how seismic it was, Trump winning the nomination and then the election may not have surprised us as much as it did. (and be honest, even the most fervent Trump fan had doubts he was going to win before November)

I'll save the snarky some time and post the perfect sarcastic response to what follows now:

Gamergate: The canary in the coal mine

What was gamergate? If you google it, it was a bunch of angry, white racist and mysogynistic men going after heroic, oppressed women. That narrative should sound pretty familiar. A better summary would be this, found in the comments on that blog:

"I still get a chuckle out of how it all started one guy who, discovering that his game-designer girlfriend was spreading her charms widely, wrote a long blog post about it, letting out the secret that her paramours were writers in the game-critique industry who were giving games high ratings for factors unrelated to the actual games (wink wink).

And then he got piled on by people defending her right to lie to him and sleep around because she was a poor repressed woman, and then they got piled on by guys saying, no, she's a ***** and so are these game critics, and then the SJW types decided all gamer-guys were nerdy neanderthals who hated women, and the fun began.

Good times . . .

Point is, the SJW's went full-bore just knowing that, like all the times before, they would win and vanquish the dolts and reign over the battleground de jour.

Oops."

Followed by this observation:

"what GG showed was that SJW's operate entirely within the realm of public shame. And when they tried to do battle with opponents who were incapable of being shamed, the SJW's weapons became useless. The pattern was set all it took was somebody who was truly shameless, but on a national stage. Once Trump stood up, said something outrageous, got **** for it, and kept doing it anyway, the spell was broken.".

So what the hell does that have to do with gun rights? Well, take a look at the folks from the rally today. Much bigger diversity than the media narrative will show, but if you were going to stereotype them, males under 40 would be a pretty fair chunk of that crowd.

That's not a demographic that typically marches for political anything. It's also an age group that grew up under the influence of video games. A group that may not have cared much about gun rights...except they grew up playing video games. And when they got older and had money to do fun things with, many of them wanted to buy some of the guns/accessories (suppressors) that they played with as kids...only to discover the joy and fun of gun laws. It's also an age demographic that anyone who did serve in the military likely spent time fighting against an irregular force. Then the SJWers came and crapped on their video games too.

Gamergate made a lot of apolitical people sit up and take notice of what left wing politics were doing to the things they enjoyed. It got them involved.

We've got a generation that isn't impressed by the political legacy left by either party. Lots of them are into guns, a fair percentage of them are combat vets, and they're pretty concerned with how not just the 2nd Amendment, but the 1st and 4th are looking these days too. Oh, and a lot of them are fairly convinced that a lot of politicians are corrupt pedophiles who murdered someone in jail they were worried would expose them.

In short:

And thousands of them just showed up armed to protest what they view as unconstitutional bills. Not even laws, but the mere introduction of anti gun BS bills that the leftists have introduced and pushed for in the past.

So yeah, I think this may be something a little different from the historical reaction of "okay, I guess we can't make machine guns anymore because you passed an amendment to a bill with an undocumented voice vote".

I could be wrong, but I don't think additional infringements are going to go the way they have in the past.
BenderRodriguez
AG
Swarely said:

I know plenty of Dems that are pro gun. The valley may be blue, but those guys love their guns.

If Democrats could figure out that gun rights are universal civil rights, they could find something else to fight Republicans on instead. A guy can dream.
JSKolache
AG
Aggieangler93 said:

reddog90 said:

Aggieangler93 said:

Not one inch.....
They tend to congregate together in cities, so dont really dilute suburban/rural votes, which is nice.
Gator92
AG
Interesting take. The debate over "Violent Video Games" may very well be a gateway for younger generations. While Alex Jones is a bit of an outlier, he has a reputation w/ my 14y/o son. Memes are a big influence on him and AJ is taking advantage. Son thinks he is "funny" and doesn't take the time to understand the entire context. I support AJ and his take on 2A, however I do think he is over the top and taking advantage to fund his lifestyle. That being said, in these times maybe his style is just what is needed.

Gaming is a multi-billion dollar industry. If the liberal establishment wants to take them on, its going to be an uphill battle. Biden recently demonized it. Lib Tards maybe catching on to your hypothesis.
InfantryAg
AG
AggieChemist said:

Source???
because that is BS.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
InfantryAg said:

AggieChemist said:

Source???
because that is BS.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pecan_Park_raid

Here's one story that is a lot bigger than it seems. Short version is that HPD executed two innocent people in their own home, planted guns and drugs on them to hide the fact that the raid was botched (they didn't even raid the right house), and the two officers who planned it are now under indictment by a federal grand jury.

And to circle back to the point of the thread...

Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
jpb1999
AG
What is the pic of?
Jason C.
AG
Looks like the recent shootout in Florida where cops killed the two bad guys but also the UPS driver hostage and a downrange guy in his car.
Jason C.
AG
Also I don't know about the rest of you guys but this OB / Politics board love child is awful cute
bedofbrass33
AG
jpb1999 said:

What is the pic of?

Cops were trying to arrest somebody in the UPS van. Can't remember why they wanted him.

Cops used vehicles with people in them as concealment. I personally know individual cops who are good people. Police departments as a whole are often pants on head stupid.
AggieChemist
AG
InfantryAg said:

AggieChemist said:

Source???
because that is BS.
Get your head out of the sand.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Yeah I want to clarify I'm not a cop hater. I have family in law enforcement and almost took that path myself.

That first story scares me because I have to believe those two crooked cops didn't just turn bad overnight, and other cops had to have known what they were doing.

The second story, the image, is bigger than just poor decision making on the polices part, because, again, the people that died will be counted in gun violence statistics when anti-gunners push for more gun control. That's not my opinion, they will be counted in those statistics.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
AggieChemist said:

Aggieangler93 said:

Not one inch.....

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.