Outdoors
Sponsored by

Duck breast

4,411 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PharmD4
TarponChaser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks.

No brining or marinade. Just liberally seasoned with kosher salt and fresh-cracked pepper then seared in a skillet with just a tiny bit of bacon grease. The duck fat in the skin renders out and then after the breasts were cooked I pulled them out and put them under foil. Next put in about half of a diced sweet onion and got a good brown on them. Then added mushrooms and cooked them down. Deglaze the skillet with some red wine and cool down by about half. Then add the breasts back to the skillet to get heated through again.

Slice & enjoy.
Scotty88
AG
Can't believe no one chicken frys!!

Lightly pound breasts. Egg wash and flour dip (add Tony's to flour). Fry in iron skillet until medium (i.e. juices run clear). Keep warm in oven. Make mashed potatoes or rice. Make cream gravy with what is left over in iron skillet.

Grilled for fajitas is also good. Seared is good.

In gumbo with oysters is unbelievable. Like dove wraps will work in a pinch.

I have slow roasted whole, plucked ducks with apple and onion and garlic shoved in cavity and breast wrapped with bacon on the Egg too...

Mom used to make duck pot-pie...

Duck is great anyway except overcooked. Bloody is better than hockey puck.

I like to let my ducks season for a few days in the refrigerator after cleaning.. If you freeze, freeze in water so they don't freezer burn.
PharmD4
AG
Just tried a new kabob recipe with some gadwall, teal, wigeon mix.

Marinaded in soy sauce, sesame oil, chili, garlic, and ginger. Grilled over the coals while glazing with apricot preserves/soy sauce. Served over rice.

It was palatable...which is about the highest compliment I give wild duck haha.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.