Outdoors
Sponsored by

Total Archery Challenge - San Antonio

1,458 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by LEJ
Bird93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://totalarcherychallenge.com/events/san-antonio-tx/

Any OBers attended a TAC event or planning to attend this year? Seems like it would be a blast. I'd really like to give it a shot (pun intended) if the rib/social coordinator doesn't already have me booked.
DG96
AG
I have been to the one in SA the last few years. Going again this year. Lots of fun. Going to the Utah one this summer as well.
Bird93
AG
As challenging as perceived?
AggieJames09
AG
I shoot It every year, it's a great time. Shooting prime course at 1230 Saturday
DG96
AG
It's as challenging as you want it to be. You can shoot from the designated spot or closer to the target if you want. The prime and sitka courses are tough if you don't have a bow set up to shoot over 60 yards, but again you can move up.
raidernarizona
This looks like an awesome way to spend a weekend! How does it work? Could you go out and shoot the Leupold course as many times as you wanted?
Watchful Ag
AG
I'll be gone that weekend, but would've loved to participate. I've really gotten into shooting over the last year and just upgraded to the new Mathews VXR. Was hoping I could take it to a 3D range this offseason. TAC would've been the perfect opportunity.

Best of luck to those going. Can't wait to read the reports
raidernarizona
Are all of you guys shooting single or double pins? This sounds really fun, but I'm not really set up to shoot anything but the Leupold course. Currently shooting a CBE-TL-3, so I just have a 20,30,40 yard pin. Haven't even got around to getting my sight tape on for the additional yardage.
Bird93
AG
I shoot a 3-pin Fast Eddie XL. I max out at 100 with my current arrow setup. If I use the top of my bubble level, I can reach about 107.

If I'm able to make it to TAC, I'll probably drop down to a lighter arrow.
Watchful Ag
AG
I just went from a five pin to a Fast Eddie XL double pin. I've only been able to shoot it once since Saturday so I'm still getting familiar with the new setup
raidernarizona
Please report back! I've been looking at that same sight.
RP2012
AG
This will be our 5th year. You can shoot from whatever distance you are comfortable shooting from. My wife steps up to a range she is comfortable with after the rest of the group has shot from the set distance.

She is shooting 5 pin fixed. Last year, I switched to a 3 pin slider and has been a perfect combo for hunting and TAC. If you have not been before, make sure to bring extra arrows. You are almost certain to break/loose arrows.
LEJ
raidernarizona said:

Are all of you guys shooting single or double pins? This sounds really fun, but I'm not really set up to shoot anything but the Leupold course. Currently shooting a CBE-TL-3, so I just have a 20,30,40 yard pin. Haven't even got around to getting my sight tape on for the additional yardage.

I shoot the same sight. The 3 pin slider has been a game changer for me, esp compared to the 7 pin spot hogg I used to shoot. Setting up the sight tape is a minor pita, but it's pretty damn slick once your get it squared away.

Side note: I had an issue with the locking switch on the windage tube and CBE's customer service blows.

And another thing... I absolutely loathe losing shafts. It's not even the $, just the principle.

At any rate, my attendance at this event would be "surprising, but expected".

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.