Outdoors
Sponsored by

Is there anywhere in Houston to buy AR500 steel targets?

4,464 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Mas89
SweaterVest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I meant to order a couple of steel targets for a get together this weekend and as usual waited too long to get them shipped. Does anyone know if there is a local place that carries them in Houston? I'm hoping to find some with T-post mounting hardware but I can get pretty creative with mounting them on something if necessary.
EastTexAg14
AG
Carter's Country on I10 has them I believe.
SweaterVest
AG
EastTexAg14 said:

Carter's Country on I10 has them I believe.
Thanks. Looks like they have some in stock. They don't have t-post brackets but they have another type of target stand.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
https://www.texianblackmarket.com/products/accessories-birchwood-casey-47330-029057473308-2290

Run to about $85 after discount

https://www.texianblackmarket.com/products/hunting-birchwood-casey-47603-029057476033-2290

Just the plate by itself.

Not sure what Carter's is charging on theirs but these would be in by Thurs if ordered by around 2 today.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
Strongwind86
AG
I read somewhere online that GA Steel off N Houston Rosslyn sells AR 500 plate - also does custom laser cutting.

11117 N Houston Rosslyn Rd,
Houston, TX 77088
Phone: (281) 741-7750

Can't get their website to open

I see that they list products on ebay and amazon

GA Steel link on Amazon
FatZilla
AG
I bought mine out of Cali from a factory there that water cuts its steel plate. 12" Gong AR550 plate for about $85 shipped. Good price but will take a week to get here or so, wont help ya much for this weekend.
Aggieangler93
AG
Eyeguy...

All those Birchwood Casey listings seem to have the same description. How do we know which target we are gonna get? Is there an easy way to decipher it?

Also, I forgot the code again. LOL
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
SweaterVest
AG
Thanks EyeGuy. I'd take you up on that but I'm headed out of town tomorrow night so I'm looking for something I can pick up tonight or tomorrow.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
SweaterVest said:

Thanks EyeGuy. I'd take you up on that but I'm headed out of town tomorrow night so I'm looking for something I can pick up tonight or tomorrow.
No worries. Normally Black Market stuff is in next day BUT right now they are a partial day behind on shipping so I don't want to promise it only to have it not show on time.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
SweaterVest
AG
Good to know. Wish I had asked yesterday!
SweaterVest
AG
Just to follow up on this in case anyone finds this thread later on:

Carter's Country ended up being a huge waste of time. They didn't have the targets in stock and they tried to charge me $5 per box over their own advertised price on line for ammo I was purchasing. In order to get them to match their own price a manager had to be consulted with and a phone call made to someone (maybe the owner?). They ended up honoring the price but it wasn't any cheaper than Academy's price and the selection wasn't as good. Anyway, waste of time.

I decided to go without the targets but stopped at Walmart in Kenedy to pick up a few things and lo and behold, there they are, AR500 steel targets at Walmart of all places. I'm not sure if other locations would have them or not but I guess its worth a shot if you're looking for them in a pinch.

Other than that just order them through EyeGuy!
Mas89
AG
Yes, my son just got one also. At the Walmart in Atascocita.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.