Outdoors
Sponsored by

Vortex Razor 11-33 spotting scope

1,335 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by mneisch
mneisch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Interested in this little guy to use next year. I carried a Vanguard 65mm scope but it was just too big for my needs. I've heard good things about the Vortex Razor HD 11-33x50 but don't have anywhere local to look through it myself.
AgEng06
AG
Is there a question in there?

mneisch
AG
Oh yeah, anyone have first hand experience?
AgEng06
AG
Just messing with you.

My buddy has one and used it on our CO trip this season. I messed with it a little bit, and I really liked it as well. I think it's a good mix of magnification and weight for most Western hunting. I have the Razor 16-48x65 spotter and the only reason mine would be necessary is to count antler points or something similar at very long distances. For analyzing/spotting animals up to 2 miles or so, I think the 11-33 is a great option, especially because it's so much easier to pack around!
mneisch
AG
Pretty much echos what I have read on Rokslide. The Vanguard I carried was 65 oz, whereas the Vortex is only 25. I stopped carrying it after day 1 cause I couldn't justify the weight. Where we hunt the max I can view out to is probably 2000 yards.
Caladan
Before you buy, you might investigate the 50mm Nikon ED with fixed-power eyepiece. This is considered by many to be the best small spotter out there.

C
RGRAg1/75
AG
Useful review here:

https://www.birdwatching.com/optics/vortex/razor50mm_vs_nikon50mm.html
mneisch
AG
Good comparison, thank you. I always forget to check what the birders have to say even though I know they like optics just as much as hunters.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.