Outdoors
Sponsored by

Riddle me this

1,774 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SanAntoneAg
FirefightAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I was out scouting some land for deer down around Hillsboro and I was noticing all the oaks still were holding acorns. I busted a few open and they were all rotten. Still in the cup up in the tree. It's been dry down there most of the cattle ponds and the lake I drove over were far from full. In fact rather empty. What gives why are they rotting in place. Didn't see a whole lot of sign under the trees either.
OnlyForNow
AG
Got dry at the wrong time, honestly I think that's what really does it. But don't know. Lots of the hull country got real wet early summer then DRIED up bad.
SanAntoneAg
AG
The past three Saturday mornings I've sat in a tripod in Edwards Co. and looked at the same dark brown acorn still in its cap in a live oak.

Last month, the live oak in the front yard dropped acorns. Up the street, a couple live oaks are dropping a plethora now.

Some live oaks produce round acorns. One in the backyard makes pointy, oval ones.

Don't know what any of that means or if it's relevant to anything.
Gig 'em! '90
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.