Outdoors
Sponsored by

Texas BBQ Tour 2019

1,318 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Martin Cash
One-Eyed Fat Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here's a little something I put together to commemorate our travels to check out some of the better bbq spots around Texas. Thanks to Wadd96 for steering us right.
gigem70
fire09
AG
Do you have a list with locations of places you tried?
One-Eyed Fat Man
AG
We went to Brett's Backyard in Rockdale, Franklin's, Snow's, 1775 in College Station, Kreuz Market, Stanley's in Tyler, and 2M In San Antonio.

I won't rank them but I'll say in the top tier I'd put Franklin's, Snow's and 2M. You can't go wrong with any of those. I'd put 1785, Kreuz and Stanley's in the next tier - good but not on the level of the first three. Finally, I'd put an asterisk next to Brett's. I think we may have caught him on a bad day but it didn't meet expectations. I expected it to be among the top tier but was a notch down. I'll give them another try in the future.

If I had to pick one, I think it would be 2M. It was really good, not the long line like Franklin's and Snow's (and I'm from San Antonio). And the beans were good. That's a pet peeve of mine - even good bbq joints typically have meaty oker beans.
Martin Cash
AG
One-Eyed Fat Man said:

We went to Brett's Backyard in Rockdale, Franklin's, Snow's, 1775 in College Station, Kreuz Market, Stanley's in Tyler, and 2M In San Antonio.

I won't rank them but I'll say in the top tier I'd put Franklin's, Snow's and 2M. You can't go wrong with any of those. I'd put 1785, Kreuz and Stanley's in the next tier - good but not on the level of the first three. Finally, I'd put an asterisk next to Brett's. I think we may have caught him on a bad day but it didn't meet expectations. I expected it to be among the top tier but was a notch down. I'll give them another try in the future.

If I had to pick one, I think it would be 2M. It was really good, not the long line like Franklin's and Snow's (and I'm from San Antonio). And the beans were good. That's a pet peeve of mine - even good bbq joints typically have meaty oker beans.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.