Outdoors
Sponsored by

Big Boy Down

4,953 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Bob_Ag
100yearlegacy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dad sent me this picture yesterday from our ranch in Hunt. We've been hunting this guy for years and he finally put him down. Dude is a BEAST.

Furlock Bones
AG
horned pigs. kill em all.
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT MOUNTAIN LION
LRHF
AG
Sounds like you have a good story to tell! Look forward to a follow up post the accompany the pic.
dodger02
AG
There's a group of these on my lease. I see them about once or twice a year. There are a couple that are getting mighty large.

But these things are damned nasty, right? Like smelly and taste like **** in a shoe, correct?
AgEng06
AG
Awesome. That ol' boy looks like a bruiser!
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
dodger02 said:

Like smelly and taste like **** in a shoe, correct?

John Cocktolstoy
There is always that one guy that will absolutely eat anything and swear that it tastes awesome.

Friend shot one over Fort Stockton way as a guest. They hung it, took pic's, and he is thinking they are done. Guy says lets get him cleaned up. They get it all quartered and in bags on ice. So he goes home, not wanting to be rude, he makes sausage with it. Took it somewhere and paid good money too. When he tried to divvy it out to the guys they laughed at him and said it was a joke and they wanted to see him eat it. I actually tried some of the sausage and it was edible but not good at all. I can think of better jokes but every time I see any size aoudad I think of that dark red meat and the look and taste of the poorly made sausage. Guess it can be done,but I have never had any that tasted good.
Second Hardest Workin Man on Texags
FSGuide
dodger02 said:

There's a group of these on my lease. I see them about once or twice a year. There are a couple that are getting mighty large.

But these things are damned nasty, right? Like smelly and taste like **** in a shoe, correct?

Ive eaten several ewes & lambs and they're good.
I tried to eat a backstrap out of a big ram. No matter how I tried it, I couldn't eat it and I'm not a picky eater.

I tried it:
Grilled like a steak
Marinated for about 72 hours then grilled like a steak
Ground up in chili
Gumbo / stew
Could never get more than one bite down.
100yearlegacy
AG
Dad donated the meat to Hunters for the Hungry, so at least someone can eat it. But I have heard the same thing, meat on an old guy like that wouldn't be much for the eating.

And the story sadly isn't too good, but it was the first time we had seen him in person. Always on the game camera, never had any kind of pattern. Dad went to the ranch this week on a whim and was sitting for a whitetail we have marked as a shooter and out comes the whole herd of Aoudad. There's two more that are about the same size as this guy, but not as old.

Mom was a little beyond it, given we just got back all the mounts from our Africa trip last year. Claimed the taxidermy budget was out of control. But for a bruiser like that, an exception had to be made.
STX Ag
AG
I heard it tastes like a dog ate a rotten goat's ass and then **** out the goat ass and then someone garnished the dog**** with Godzilla's piss.
87IE
AG
FSGuide said:

dodger02 said:

Ive eaten several ewes & lambs and they're good.
I tried to eat a backstrap out of a big ram. No matter how I tried it, I couldn't eat it and I'm not a picky eater.

I tried it:
Grilled like a steak
Marinated for about 72 hours then grilled like a steak
Ground up in chili
Gumbo / stew
Could never get more than one bite down.

Anxiously awaiting for Ursus to respond......
It's Laken Riley, not Lincoln you idiot
samsal75
AG
Aw, poor baby!
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Awesome!

Where was this? Looks like he's close to 30" but hard to tell. I'm shocked he doesn't weigh more... he looks like he has the same size body on the last on I shot that weighed 282.
DatTallArchitect
AG
John Cocktolstoy said:

There is always that one guy that will absolutely eat anything and swear that it tastes awesome.
We love Ursus though.
lotsofhp
AG
My friends dad used to cut it real thin and make jerky out of it in the dehydrator. He'd put cayenne pepper al over it. I really liked it back then.

That's the only way I've ever had it
100yearlegacy
AG
About 10 miles northwest of Hunt.
blackgoldag11
AG
Yalls place off of 1340? We have a hoss on game cams that I'm trying to get
ttha_aggie_09
AG
100yearlegacy said:

About 10 miles northwest of Hunt.
cool. Congratulations again! Great aoudad
Ag 11
AG
John Cocktolstoy said:

You just have to let it soak in milk over night
100yearlegacy
AG
Yeah, near Mo Ranch.
Bob_Ag
AG
We have these free range on our lease and I typically shoot one or two a year. That is an incredible Ram. They don't get much bigger than that.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.