Outdoors
Sponsored by

***** Waterfowl Season 2019 - 20 *****

29,590 Views | 253 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by bmfvet
PharmD4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's the most wonderful time of the year. South Zone opens next weekend, North Zone the following weekend. Anyone planning to be in a blind?

saltydog13
AG
I'm sure I will be at some point. Need more rain though
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
Will most definitely be out on opening day. Would have hunted the two day HPMU preseason if I wasn't working this weekend.

Got a report from north of LBK, my good friends buddy took a group out and they got 8 limits of cranes yesterday and today.

Picking up a draht in Kansas November 16th, can't wait to get him on as many birds as possible.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I'll be in a deer blind opening weekend and then a duck blind the next. Looks like a lot of birds are already down here and the opener should be great!
PharmD4
AG
Didn't get drawn for RCWMA...
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
I'll be in the blind this weekend for the Oklahoma opener. Scouted this past weekend. Fair amount of birds for this early but need some water.

Got drawn for RCWMA to hunt the weekend of 11/16. Can't wait.

Here's to duck season being a hell of a lot better than last year!
MrWonderful
AG
Weather is looking pristine compared to last year. Excited to throw decoys without sweating profusely! Water conditions are perfect for our club. Can't wait!
DUman08
AG
Looking like we will have a teal shoot with a few big ducks mixed in. Few specks started to show up and even saw some snows mixed with them. We should have a solid south zone and north zone opener.
AgySkeet06
AG
Only seen 1 group of geese fly over in El Campo. Maybe the next round of cold weather later this week will push more down
ttha_aggie_09
AG
AgySkeet06 said:

Only seen 1 group of geese fly over in El Campo. Maybe the next round of cold weather later this week will push more down
I saw some specks just SW of Rooms to Go yesterday and they're holding a few down south of El Campo and down near the coast.
saltydog13
AG
Saw some snows flying south this afternoon over BCS
CS78
Spent the last three days in the Cameron parish marsh. Lots of fresh water with more duck food than ive ever seen. Surprisingly very few ducks. A few flocks of pintails and that's it.
Strongwind86
AG
Heading down to the coast for opening weekend. Rockport Saturday and Sunday morning.
TXCAV
Scouted middle coast for South opener, will get the hunting done and hopefully make it back in time to get another scout in for North opener. Found some decent birds, hopefully this front will push some more. Hope I can continue to put my clients on birds this season,
DUman08
AG
Saw these also they have been feeding in our rice but moved this morning.
Trinity Ag
S
Did some scouting and found ducks. Should be a good shoot on Saturday.

Haven't seen any geese, but there were a couple of flocks of Sandhills around Millican.

Not much water at all compared to last year, which made all the ricefields swampy. Should make for better concentrations of birds if you can find them.
MAROON
AG
will be in a blind in the lower LM Saturday morning. first time to hunt that far South. Hope we see a bird. Otherwise we will have to settle for catching trout and reds the rest of the day and night.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
You guys leasing those fields off woods rd? I keep my ATV at a buddies near there and those fields and the pond (not flooded yet this year) near the bend seems to hold good ducks. Always wondered who was hunting it. Good luck this season!
DUman08
AG
Yes we lease those will probably be our last year neighborhoods getting too close and farmer wants to sell. You as well.
TexasAg2017
AG
Gonna do some scouting in rockport on Friday. Have a couple spots in mind
Camo
Will be out with the dog Saturday morning in Eagle Lake area!

Low of 44 opening day?! cannot remember the last time it was actually cold, LFG!
MAROON
AG
good luck to everyone tomorrow morning. Hope I see a duck!
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
2 man limit this morning in the HPMU, West of Angelo. 2 drake Wigeon and 4 GWT drakes a piece
DUman08
AG
Killed 5 man limit this morning almost all teal except for 3 tree ducks.
Post removed:
by user
water turkey
20 for 4 guys in Brookshire. All teal but 1 Hollywood and 1 wigeon.

Beautiful morning.
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
2 of us got our limit of teal in OK. Didn't see as many big ducks as I was expecting. Know of one group that killed a 5 man of big ducks. Need some water or it's gonna be a tough year for those without an airboat.
Strongwind86
AG
3 of us hunted on the coast out of Rockport this morning. Got our limits of redheads and a bluebill. Not a lot of big/puddle ducks. Had a few flights of pintails pass us at 100+ yards....

Beautiful morning to be on water.

Gonna try again tomorrow morning.
cheezag03
AG
good puddle duck action in galv county. Couple grays, a blue wing (starting to plume), a spoonie, and missed two crossing shots at a bufflehead hovering over the water after dropping a gadwall that would have finished off the limit. One bufflehead hanging with a group of gadwall............. A few other bonehead mistakes prevented the limit. One involving falling off a marsh chair.

Defintely a nice day to be out
mneisch
AG
FYI dusky ducks (black and mottled ducks) are not legal to harvest the first 5 days of the season.
DUman08
AG
mneisch said:

FYI dusky ducks (black and mottled ducks) are not legal to harvest the first 5 days of the season.

Definitely this
cheezag03
AG
mneisch said:

***** thanks for the heads up
MAROON
AG
one duck in LLM. Our set up was wrong. Airboat had mechanical problems so we set up on a spoil island. Saw literally 10,000 ducks flying over the marsh that we couldn't access!

No worries - we caught four keeper specs on the ride back and then the next day hit a four man limit (state) on snapper. Fresh snapper tonight for dinner.
Trinity Ag
S
6 Man limit around Eagle Lake.

2 Widgeon
1 Gadwall
5 Spoonies
13 Bluewings
15 Greenwings

MrWonderful
AG
Two days of limit hunts in Palacios and Markham. Sunday we were done within 28 minutes. Lots of birds and and surprising mix of species. Saturday we had 6 different species on straps

Here's my boy (left) with Saturdays haul

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.