Outdoors
Sponsored by

Getting rid of Armadillos

3,001 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by MisterShipWreck
kevmiller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Armadillos are starting to cause some significant damage around my property.
Any suggestions on getting rid of them.
TIA
FrontPorchAg
I hear they pay two-fifty down in Hallettsville.

3 dollars, maybe more.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
MouthBQ98
AG
Speaking of which, you have to watch out for raccoons. They travel in groups. I had one run in front of the road in front of me in the dark this morning and I tapped the brakes and realized he was going to make it past but just as that happened, his buddy tried to follow and I was too close to react. Thump.

I just hope it was quick. Poor critter.

Anyhow, it's hard to deter an armadillo, or trap them unless you put up something to channel them into a havahart or something. They will follow along a barrier like a board or length of chicken wire. Outside of that, you get up in the middle of the night and met it with a net, or use a high power air rifle or 22.
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
Get rid of their food source. They will stop wrecking your yard when you kill the grubs in your yard.
Chupacabra44
thearmadillotrap.com will solve your problem.
SunrayAg
AG
Deep fry them and cover in cream gravy...
Brush Country Ag
AG
One Catahoula will take care of your problem. Hard on their teeth, though.
cevans_40
AG
Spray for grubs and insects. I can help if you can't/don't want to fool with it.

http://www.makemygrassgreen.com
GottaRide
S
My mother has become an expert at catching them in her yard. She finds where they come in at her fences. She has a huge yard but has net wire fencing around most of it so she can usually find where they are coming in. She sets a live trap right there and they will walk right into it. If she can't find where they are coming in, she will set funnel fencing in the area where they are tearing up the yard and will set a trap at the end. It usually only takes her a couple of days. My mother loves all of nature right up until it messes with her yard, then just get out of her way.
RGRAg1/75
AG
Arlo cameras on tripod send me a text. Ruger 10/22 does the rest. Channeling them out here is not a realistic option.
Jason C.
AG
Leave a case of beer out, stuff is lethal to them.

Na Zdraví 87
AG
Shoot them or get a dog that hates them.

I shot over 120 in my yard over the years until I got my current pit/boxer mix. No more dillo troubles. I love that dog!
ChampsAg
Never realized how fast those things can run. I was laughing at my son trying to catch the one we scared while letting the dogs out one night. Running and grunting.

I ended up hitting the one in our yard with a shovel. He may have had a concussion the way he was running after that. He hightailed it out the yard and hasn't been back.
BlueSmoke
ChampsAg said:

Never realized how fast those things can run. I was laughing at my son trying to catch the one we scared while letting the dogs out one night. Running and grunting.

I ended up hitting the one in our yard with a shovel. He may have had a concussion the way he was running after that. He hightailed it out the yard and hasn't been back.
Little turds are pretty quick in the water as well. Punted one that was tearing things up into the creek. Took off half-submerged like a little submarine. Hit the other side. Turned back and gave me a F U look, then took off.

Like this:

Nobody cares. Work Harder
BlueSmoke
Get one of these, activated with a motion switch at night.

Video
Report back
Profit?

M8 Multiple-Detonation Cannon

Quote:

The M8 Pest Control Multiple-Detonation Cannon repels nuisance birds and wildlife with a loud "thunderclap"

This rugged M8 Pest Control Multiple-Detonation Cannon system delivers a harmless "thunderclap" equivalent to a 37mm cannon (Item No. 130dB). Optional Rotomat Revolving Platform accessory (Item No. RABRP ) allows cannon to rotate 360 for maximum effectiveness.
Nobody cares. Work Harder
MisterShipWreck
I had a problem years ago. I lived in the city, so I could not use a gun. I had an exterminator come set up a trap. He caught it in 2 days. I had to pay like $85 between the trap and the removal fee. But, problem solved
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.