Outdoors
Sponsored by

HK MP5 for sale

3,857 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by schmellba99
Rexter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
on MotoHouston for $37,000

https://www.motohouston.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384373
schmellba99
AG
Not registering to view, but inless that MP5 was used to off Khadaffi or something like that, no MP5 is worth $37k.
Oryx
You can build a clone with a sear for 3500 afaik
BenderRodriguez
AG
HK transferable sears are worth big $$$$. Thanks, Hughes Amendment.

BenderRodriguez
AG
If you're talking about a full auto sear you forgot a zero there.

http://machinegunpriceguide.com/html/sears_2.html
Rexter
Yesterday
AG
The thought of spending $37k for an MP5 that can go "boom boom boom" is crazy. The thought that it will only increase in value intrigues me.
Unemployed
AG
Hard pass for me.

I'm okay paying $37K for it but I gotta pay for shipping, too? Get the eff outta here.
Rexter
RealTalk said:

Hard pass for me.

I'm okay paying $37K for it but I gotta pay for shipping, too? Get the eff outta here.

Not mine
Missouri Boat Ride
AG
I thought that firearm looked familiar. I mean Calderone's goons were trying to whack Crockett for years with that thing

TexasRebel
AG
03ki11erAG said:

The thought of spending $37k for an MP5 that can go "boom boom boom" is crazy. The thought that it will only increase in value intrigues me.

The thought that it took around 2% of that to manufacture is insane.
rally-cap
AG
The only thing I would have an issue with (if I had the money and was in the market for a transferable machine gun) is you can't replace the barrel on an MP5 if I remember correctly. There's no telling how many thousands of rounds that gun has had run through it.
jabberwalkie09
AG
rally-cap said:

The only thing I would have an issue with (if I had the money and was in the market for a transferable machine gun) is you can't replace the barrel on an MP5 if I remember correctly. There's no telling how many thousands of rounds that gun has had run through it.

I don't think that's correctly. I think they're press fit, similar to how AK's are, into a trunyon that is welded into the receiver. Granted it's not as easy as it is for an AR. I'd have to look though.
BenderRodriguez
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

rally-cap said:

I don't think that's correctly. I think they're press fit, similar to how AK's are, into a trunyon that is welded into the receiver. Granted it's not as easy as it is for an AR. I'd have to look though.

Yep, barrels can be replaced.

You'd need a quality smith familiar with roller locks to do it, which isn't going to be cheap.

But then again, nothing in the machine gun or HK world is cheap.

For those who aren't aware, the reason HK sears are so desirable is you can use one sear on a bunch of different guns that all take HK trigger packs.

For example...MP5s are nice. I like shooting them.

You know what's more fun?

Belt fed HKs.

If I ever won the lottery my first two purchases would be an HK sear and a HK23E.

highvelocity
AG
one day i will own a giggle switch. one day
Owner of Texas Strap Company use code TEXAGS for 15% off
www.txstrapco.com

Sales Director for BCA Firearms
www.bcafirearmstx.com
TXCAV
Last one we sold, full transferable, sold for $30K. And it was an actual HK marked MP5, Not a kit gun.
Naveronski
AG
That's nice. I want one too.
lexofer
AG
I know the guy selling it. I've shot that gun before. He knows NFA items better than just about anyone. He was one of the first attorneys doing NFA trusts, organized a bunch of machinegun shoots, did promotions and reviews for different suppressor companies and firearms dealers.

Price is about right, note this chart ends in 2018. If that price sounds ridiculous look at that curve.

I bought my M11/9 for $3,200 twelve years ago. Value has gone up quite a bit since then and the guy I bought it from paid $350 in 1986. If you think the prices are ridiculous now, check them out again in 10 years.

Here's the best place to see what NFA items are going for:
http://www.sturmgewehr.com/forums/index.php?/forum/5-nfa-market-board/

TexasRebel
AG
One day I'll pull the disconnector plate out of my M1927-A1....

One day.
schmellba99
AG
Oh, i know what they go for. They arent worth it though.

I would love to have burst on my MP5 clone, but it isnt happening. I will SD it before anything.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.