Outdoors
Sponsored by

When someone says they "harvested" a wild hog...

3,106 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Log
GSS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NRA Life
TSRA Life
normaleagle05
AG
Thats a beautiful tamale maker!
Jack Squat 83
AG
Corn in Giddings, who knew?
CanyonAg77
AG
I knew a farmer who was killed in a corn header. They are nasty to a living body.

On a lighter note, I've heard of folks who were harvesting short crops, like soybeans or wheat, and ran a skunk through the combine. I've narrowly missed a skunk a time or two.
Aggieangler93
AG
Is the hog asleep or something when it comes through? Seems like that machine would make enough racket that anything in it's path would high tail it out of there. Interesting. I never knew this would be possible.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
CanyonAg77
AG
Aggieangler93 said:

Is the hog asleep or something when it comes through? Seems like that machine would make enough racket that anything in it's path would high tail it out of there. Interesting. I never knew this would be possible.
Your sight distance in mature corn would be in a foot or two at most. He can hear the noise, and has no idea where the thing is until its on top of him. He may have even been crossing the combine's direction of travel, or hiding until (past) the last minute.
Aggieangler93
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Aggieangler93 said:

Your sight distance in mature corn would be in a foot or two at most. He can hear the noise, and has no idea where the thing is until its on top of him. He may have even been crossing the combine's direction of travel, or hiding until (past) the last minute.
This makes sense. I forgot what walking through tall corn was like....

I can also agree that even if the pig heard it, they may not know exactly where it was coming from, thus which direction to evade in, until way too late.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
John Cocktolstoy
GSS said:

Chitlins of the Corn!
Second Hardest Workin Man on Texags
ironmanag
AG
That is a massive hog.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
B-1 83
AG
normaleagle05 said:

Thats a beautiful tamale maker!
Here's to technology, and John Deere brought it to you first! Meat......masa....husk....all in one smooth operation.
BlueSmoke
Those things are huge. Crazy to see buzzards and other birds circling the cut fields, feeding on all the chewed up critters that were unfortunate enough to get in the way.
Nobody cares. Work Harder
BlueSmoke
Do they make these for pigs? Have to put a decal up on that rig after this!

Nobody cares. Work Harder
Spotted Ag
AG
I've actually had this happen to me. Running an old school chisel cutter and 30lb hog ran straight into it nose first. Cut it's snout off and broke it's back when it hit the crimper.
Burdizzo
AG
John Cocktolstoy said:

GSS said:

Chitlins of the Corn!

I believe it's called cracklin' cornbread
John Cocktolstoy
Burdizzo said:

John Cocktolstoy said:

GSS said:

Chitlins of the Corn!

I believe it's called cracklin' cornbread
Was a funny compared to "children of the corn"
Second Hardest Workin Man on Texags
Log
AG
Someone post the pic of the big Iowa buck that got caught in one a few years back.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.