Outdoors
Sponsored by

John Deere gator with A/C and Heated Cab

4,349 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by third coast..
Mas89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have experience with these? I think they just started the Hvac cab last year and am considering one. A friend who has used them all in the pipeline industry has had one for a year and has had no problems. Looks like the 835m is 21k and the 835r with more cab amenities is 24k.

I am ready to replace my Viking and am tired of the dust and heat.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
What advantage does this have vs a small truck? I would think the cost would be similar
BrazosDog02
AG
I like my UTV to be minimalist. If I'm going to get a light UTV to use for WORK, then I don't want a bunch of plush BS in it to drive up the price. If I'm having to drop 24k on it then I'm looking at a luxury toy and if I'm doing that then I'm getting a Jeep.

Also, I like someone else to to make poor decisions on new things like this so I can make smart decisions helping them out of theirs.
Mas89
AG
On my place, an atv/ utv will go many places a small truck or Jeep will not and will do much less road damage when wet.

BD2 our CJ 5 has been in the barn for 40 years and I will gladly sell you my Yamaha Viking for a good deal. I admit it was a poor decision...
cevans_40
AG
I used to sell JD equipment and the UTVs are one of their best made products. One of the few things I would buy personally.
dead zip 01
AG
Seven said:

What advantage does this have vs a small truck? I would think the cost would be similar

This has been my contention since they started adding cabs and AC onto these utv's.
For the same price I would rather get a good, used Tacoma or something similar that will get you to all the same places but has the advantage of being street legal.
treyyates
AG
I have the 835r, I love it. I bought it in May and the A/C has been great during the summer. I also look forward to the winters and the heated cab. My only gripe is it is really really loud on asphalt/concrete but the time I spend on those surfaces is rare. If the price is something you can do then I highly recommend them!
EskimoJoe
i know you are asking about the gator, but if you are willing to look at others, kubota has offered the cab with heat and air for a lot of years now. plus you get the benefit of being able to run off road diesel in it (assuming you are using it off road)
A.G.S.
AG
Suzuki Samurai.

Pocket the remaining 20k
AggieChemist
AG
My TH6x4 has literally done everything I've ever asked of it.
schmellba99
AG
For that cash, just get you a mini-truck like a Daihatsu and rig it out.

This thing

Na Zdraví 87
AG
It's your $ so get what you want.

Love my JD Gator 825i S4. I wish it had a cab with ac/heat at times.
mt3950
AG
Seven said:

To get a "small truck" that will hold 4 adult men comfortably, go almost anywhere you need it to, and have a relatively small turn radius, you'd be looking for a unicorn. Only thing I know that could perform like a UTV does would be a Jeep, and even then you'd have to find one with 4 doors at OP's price point. Not saying it's not doable, but you'd probably be buying used and then who knows what you're really getting. I say if you want a loaded up tricked out UTV, then get what you want. To each their own.

Ps, those mini trucks are great on flat terrain or nicely graded roads. It's been my experience that they don't handle tougher terrain very well. Not to mention they only hold 2 adults.
FullDraw
AG
ROXOR w cab
Starts at $15,999 but price starts going up w cab etc
SCHTICK00
AG
I run a rsx850i in the fields doing survey work. I also had a Jeep with the intention of using it where terrain is more flat and dry. The Jeep just doesn't work and is way to rough on equipment. The gator is perfect except for the dust and heat which can be awful. Plus I deal with terrible allergies. There's no replacement for a Gator for what I do and this may make my life infinitely better.
Corps_Ag12
AG
mt3950 said:

Seven said:

To get a "small truck" that will hold 4 adult men comfortably, go almost anywhere you need it to, and have a relatively small turn radius, you'd be looking for a unicorn. Only thing I know that could perform like a UTV does would be a Jeep, and even then you'd have to find one with 4 doors at OP's price point. Not saying it's not doable, but you'd probably be buying used and then who knows what you're really getting. I say if you want a loaded up tricked out UTV, then get what you want. To each their own.

Ps, those mini trucks are great on flat terrain or nicely graded roads. It's been my experience that they don't handle tougher terrain very well. Not to mention they only hold 2 adults.

Holds 4 adults, all the **** you'd put in the back of a gator, and probably still a cooler full of beer.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/d/eastland-1982-jeep-wagoneer-deer-lease/6969376771.html

Please buy this so I don't Or my gf will break up with me.
Mas89
AG
Thanks for the replies. I plan to test the gator, Kubota, and Polaris ranger models with hvac cabs. Deere cab tractors have the best hvac system so I assume the gator is similar.
Unfortunately in our part of se tx, the small pickups, jeeps, and mini trucks dont get far in muddy rice fields and pastures. Atvs and utvs with good tires are the best route.
schmellba99
AG
Mas89 said:

Thanks for the replies. I plan to test the gator, Kubota, and Polaris ranger models with hvac cabs. Deere cab tractors have the best hvac system so I assume the gator is similar.
Unfortunately in our part of se tx, the small pickups, jeeps, and mini trucks dont get far in muddy rice fields and pastures. Atvs and utvs with good tires are the best route.

Buy that mini truck and put some,mattrax on it and it will go anywhere, and run circles around anything with wheels outside of an Argo.

And you will have money left over too. There was a guy selling,one of those trucks with tracks on it a while back, it was awesome.
mt3950
AG
Corps_Ag12 said:

mt3950 said:

Seven said:

Holds 4 adults, all the **** you'd put in the back of a gator, and probably still a cooler full of beer.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/d/eastland-1982-jeep-wagoneer-deer-lease/6969376771.html

Please buy this so I don't Or my gf will break up with me.

You win the Internet today.
mt3950
AG
schmellba99 said:

Mas89 said:

Buy that mini truck and put some,mattrax on it and it will go anywhere, and run circles around anything with wheels outside of an Argo.

And you will have money left over too. There was a guy selling,one of those trucks with tracks on it a while back, it was awesome.

Zero chance that mini truck goes where an outfitter UTV will go. I've had one. They just don't do great on uneven terrain, much less muddy stuff.
Post removed:
by user
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.