Outdoors
Sponsored by

AKC Champion bred Black Lab Pups

5,622 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by agvet13
agvet13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
**FC AFC Foxx x Lexi MH

Litter of all black AKC Labrador pups. Sire is a Field Champion and Amateur Field Champion and mom is a Master Hunter. Pedigree is stacked with Field Champions and National Champions.
Foxx is OFA excellent hips/ normal elbows and clear eyes. Clear of EIC and CNM. He is a legit awesome dog! Fully amateur trained by his Aggie owner! Amazing in the field and great in the house.
Lexi is OFA good hips/normal elbows and clear eyes. She is clear of 15 genetic diseases known for labradors. She is a beast in the field and a super loving couch potato.
Pups will be 8 weeks and ready to go Sept 28. Males and Females available.
visit www dot foxxatstud dot com for more info and pics of the stud.
Pups come with dewclaws removed, first vaccines, deworming and prepaid microchip. They completed early neurologic stimulation and early scent detection. Raised in my home. These pups are super smart and very social and affectionate.
Located west of Austin.
Priced at Two Thousand. You will not be disappointed in these pups as hunters and great family dogs.
I am horrible at being able to post a picture to this so please email me if you are interested and would like pictures or pedigree emailed.

agvet13 at yahoo dot com

Kim '13
agvet13
AG
bump
lostboy
Is there a market for the $2000 lab?

Holy smokes
fightingfarmer09
Honest question, because I know zero about hunting dogs and breeding:

What is an AKC Champion?

I see this on almost every lab litter posting. Is it basically a stand in term for "certification" or are there literally competitions. Do these dogs actually compete and this one was the best dog out of 1000 entries? Are there tournaments?
mt3950
AG
fightingfarmer09 said:

What is an AKC Champion?

I see this on almost every lab litter posting. Is it basically a stand in term for "certification" or are there literally competitions. Do these dogs actually compete and this one was the best dog out of 1000 entries? Are there tournaments?

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+does+akc+champion+mean
Oruc Reis
AG
This seems to be going rate for good labs. I priced a number of breeders and a lot were north of $2k
agvet13
AG
Yes this is a great price for this litter of puppies. Pedigree alone allows for this price but there is a lot that I put into my puppies to help have a great start in life. The parents are fully health tested and I offer a guarantee that these pups will NEVER be affected by genetic inherited diseases common in Labradors. Also, I guarantee their hips and eyes clear from any defects.
Basically the stellar pedigree shows that these dogs have amazing trainability and an inherent natural drive.
Foxx is a Field Champion and Amateur Field Champion which is where he went to competitions and earned enough points being "the best of the best" competing against both Amateur and Pro trainers and dogs.
Lexi is a Master Hunter which is the top title in the Hunt Test world. She will pick up your duck or goose or pheasant (or any bird you can hit) from over 100 yards away, through the water and over the hill to Grandmother's house you go.
MrWonderful
AG
lostboy said:

Holy smokes

If you are a serious duck hunter, then 2k for a great dog is well worth it when you compare it to the time and effort that you will put into the dog, and the overall impact they will have on your hunt. Not to mention the health and genetic clearances are huge (and damn expensive).

I used to be firmly on your side of this topic, and took great pride in my $700 self-trained lab beating the brakes off of these super expensive labs that all had 3-4K of training in them on top of their litter price...that is until he got diagnosed with congenital cataracts this year. He's 5 years old. Now I get to watch as his best hunting years are robbed from him while I do my best to eke out every last hunt I can with him

Tldr you get what you pay for
houstonLBD
AG
The Foxx is an awesome dog. I've trained with Lauren on several occasions, and Foxx is always a treat to watch. Great price for a great litter that checks off health, pedigree, and proven performance.
JT88
AG
That is a great price for a puppy out of that litter.
On a side Note - if you have the opportunity' to go to a field trial and see what those dogs can do, it will blow your mind. To get FC and AFC it means that the dog had to Have at least one first place finish at competitions vs dozens of dogs. And had to finish in the top few several other times.
Josey Wales: Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb mad dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.
fightingfarmer09
Thank you for the explanation on the certifications.
TxFig
AG
Note to everyone else trying to sell puppies - THIS is how you do it.

Titles of Sire & Dam listed. OFA certification listed.

Fwiw, $2000 for these pups is probably a steal. I hunted with Lauren back before she got into running field trials back in the 1990's). Awesome girl who knows her stuff.
--
Chris Barnes
Retired A&M IT geek - now beekeeper
http://www.cornerstonehoneybees.com/
TxFig
AG
fightingfarmer09 said:

What is an AKC Champion?

"Champion" frequently means nothing in an ad - it's typically used as a hook to get uneducated buyers because somewhere, far, FAR back in the pedigree there was a dog that earned a title.
Note that this is NOT the case for this ad...

For Labs, there are basically 3 types of events where a dog can earn the title "Champion" (in the loose sense of the word):
  • Confirmation ring - this is the beauty contest arena. For labs, these dogs are worthless as far as being a hunting companion.
  • Competitive performance events - specifically "Field Trials". In this event, there may be 100 (or more) dogs entered and the judges try to figure out which ONE is the best on that day. If a dog earns enough points in this type of event (including at least once being the outright winner), then they earn the title "Field Champion" (or "Amatuer Field Champion" if the event is restricted to only amatuer handlers).
    This is what Fox has.
  • Non-Competitive performance events. In these events, the dog is judged against a written standard of what a dog in each "level" should be able to do. Dogs that achieve a passing score multiple times at the upper levels of this event are awarded the title "Master Hunter" (if the event is sponsored by the AKC) or "Hunting Retriever Champion" (if the event is sponsored by the HRC). These dogs are no slouches and are better than 99.9% of the dogs you will see in the marsh (or with a professional guide).
    The dam of this litter has this title (MH).
--
Chris Barnes
1990AG
AG
I'm sorry your pup has cataracts, but I completely disagree with your premise here.

I have had 3. My first two were high dollar pups. One was great, the other had EIC. Both were from big name breeders with BIG bloodlines. The one with EIC was from a breeder that all Lab folks would know.

My current lab was $800 and is the best of the group by far. Breeding was very good, but not a HUGE name like the others.

What you pay, does not directly correlate to the health of the dog.

agvet13
AG
2 males and 3 females remain. This is your chance to get a great pup!
houstonLBD
AG
1990AG said:

I'm sorry your pup has cataracts, but I completely disagree with your premise here.

I have had 3. My first two were high dollar pups. One was great, the other had EIC. Both were from big name breeders with BIG bloodlines. The one with EIC was from a breeder that all Lab folks would know.

My current lab was $800 and is the best of the group by far. Breeding was very good, but not a HUGE name like the others.

When did your dog have EIC? The genetic marker for EIC wasnt discovered until 2008, so testing wouldnt have been available until sometime after that (earliest AKC article I can find about a test being available is from 2010). Breeders can now guarantee via genetic testing that EIC (and other genetic diseases) will not be an issue for their puppy buyers. This breeding has done a great job of doing all the testing for labradors, to ensure you have a healthy puppy.
drummer0415
AG
lostboy said:

Holy smokes

Is there a market for ANYTHING that costs $2000 that you can't see pictures of?
1990AG
AG
houstonLBD said:

1990AG said:

When did your dog have EIC? The genetic marker for EIC wasnt discovered until 2008, so testing wouldnt have been available until sometime after that (earliest AKC article I can find about a test being available is from 2010). Breeders can now guarantee via genetic testing that EIC (and other genetic diseases) will not be an issue for their puppy buyers. This breeding has done a great job of doing all the testing for labradors, to ensure you have a healthy puppy.
She was early on in the EIC discovery process. As a matter of fact, when my trainer told me that he thought she had it, I had never heard of it. Took her to renowned Aggie vet in Dallas who consulted with his wife who was a vet at Auburn, then on to the vet school at Minnesota. Blood tests from that dog traveled all over creation that year. Ended up that she did have it and ended up having a host of other issues as she got older.

PooDoo
AG
The pups have a good looking dad
arrow
AG
TxFig said:

Fwiw, $2000 for these pups is probably a steal. I hunted with Lauren back before she got into running field trials back in the 1990's). Awesome girl who knows her stuff.
Nope. Close to how you should do it. But it's seriously lacking pictures of adorable lab puppies.
agvet13
AG
I can't figure out how to post pictures but I can email you TONS if you would like.
aggiepaintrain
AG
agvet13 said:

I can't figure out how to post pictures but I can email you TONS if you would like.
You have to host the pics with a 3rd party like imgur, then post the links on the page here. It's a total pain.

I'd rather pay $2k for one of these badasses than for a LABRADOODLE!!

reddog90
AG
Came here thinking this was another akc papered litter posting. Was relieved to see FT and HT titles, health clearances, and early neuro stim. Good job OP.
agvet13
AG
This is my attempt at posting pictures. Not sure why it won't show the image in the post... First link is the Mama and the second link is a cute puppy.

https://imgur.com/gJY870E

https://imgur.com/mpyKrGx
bmfvet
AG
Passing the info along, had a client looking for a black lab today. Lauren is a fantastic trainer and has helped a lot of our clients.
reddog90
AG
agvet13 said:

This is my attempt at posting pictures. Not sure why it won't show the image in the post... First link is the Mama and the second link is a cute puppy.

Under "Get share links", copy and paste the "BBCode (Forums)" one.
La Fours
AG
Because it is already uploaded and you can't get to the "Get Share Links" any more, click the link you posted, then click on the picture (You should get a magnifying glass cursor when over the image). The image will now be full size in a window of its own. Now right click on the image and select "Copy image address". Now you can paste that image address into your post on TexAgs.

La Fours
AG
reddog90 said:

agvet13 said:

Under "Get share links", copy and paste the "BBCode (Forums)" one.
This only works when you first upload the photo.
TxFig
AG
arrow said:

TxFig said:

Nope. Close to how you should do it. But it's seriously lacking pictures of adorable lab puppies.

With a pedigree like this, pictures are not needed. Based on pedigree alone, I would buy one of these pups (if I was in the market for a Lab).

Pics pull at impulse strings. Purchases like this should be make with a calm, cool, calculated head.
--
Chris Barnes
agvet13
AG
*UPDATE*
Pups are starting to be picked and head to their new homes.
2 males and 3 females remain. These are going to be beautiful, working family dogs!
agvet13
AG
bump
BradMtn346
agvet13
AG
Update:
Pups are 8 weeks and ready for their new forever homes now.
1 male (largest of the litter) and 4 females remain.
All are very social and very smart.
Email agvet13 at Yahoo dot com
agvet13
AG
I will possibly be delivering a pup to North Plano this coming weekend if anyone is interested and would need a transport.
92AG10
AG
These pups are awesome!

If you are looking for a lab it will be hard to find better. We had a great time and met a great Ag!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.