Outdoors
Sponsored by

*****2019 Teal Season*****

6,743 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Cedar09
CS78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Trinity Ag said:

What is this storm going to do to the birds?

They'll move to newly flooded shallow water. Sheet water in bermuda fields, etc. They'll start off spread thin and then condense to larger concentrations in the following days.
CS78
cheezag03 said:

Anybody ever had any luck out of a boat blind? Got skunked on public close to coast. I saw a lot of big groups and there was shooting around me, but they didn't want to come around my pond.

For teal it shouldn't be a problem. For big ducks, you're going to heavily reduce your success unless you are in thick cover like flooded timber. Divers won't mind it unless you are in the wide open.
TXCAV
Only hunt out of the boat if you have to. I prefer to get down low in the grass if it is an option. I like to take a low profile portable blind and brush it in. I have one I made for walkin hunts.
KW02
AG
Good luck finding any teal between Winnie and Beaumont with the 30 + inches of rain that fell.
Silky Johnston
Do Teal frequent the Christmas Bay/Swan Lake areas? This will be my first time doing any duck hunting and wanted to try for some Teal next weekend down around Freeport. I haven't done any scouting for birds, but I have been down there and have identified some potential spots to setup that I can get to with my kayak.
Post removed:
by user
SharkinAg
AG
Awful hunt this Thursday and Friday in garwood. Two birds Thursday and three birds Friday between four hunters. Very few birds and we only had one set come in each day. Last year we slayed them. That storm ****ed us.
hurricanejake02
AG
More of the same down near Midfield. No birds moving at all. Seven birds total across 3 blinds for 2 days. Killed almost as many dove from the pits as we did teal (before you ask, yes, using steel shot).
water turkey
Need a front bad and don't think it is coming. Worse teal season in years.
DUman08
AG
Yea its bad. We are averaging about 11 birds a hunt which is very slow. It has been the worst Teal season I have ever had in 22 years. No fronts in the future I have a feeling that opening day of big duck will be a teal shoot for us.
Ag 11
AG
Big fat goose egg on everything so far this year
Back2Back
AG
Anyone had any luck this early season on the coast? Will be heading out to Brazoria county Friday morning. Not expecting much but really just want to get out and explore.
Belton Ag
AG

7 man limit Tuesday morning down near Eagle Lake in about 45 minutes. Phenomenal hunt.

Next morning not nearly as good but we were spoiled by Tuesday's hunt.
Post removed:
by user
92AG10
AG
My hunt last weekend was cancelled do to the storm.

Dove season around BCS has been a bust so far and now no teal hunt. Like a curse
Post removed:
by user
OnlyForNow
AG
Going tomorrow around East Bernard... will let y'all know.
Post removed:
by user
Ag 11
AG
Damn! That's a good haul. How near Eagle Lake? Which direction? I'll be west if Eagle Lake this weekend
OnlyForNow
AG
We need to meet up and grab a beer.

We don't have a full time position for a captain but could always use another name or call on if we need it for our small jobs.
Back2Back
AG
Going to Brazoria refuge in the morning. No idea if there are any birds in the area but just excited to get out there
Belton Ag
AG
Ag 11 said:

Damn! That's a good haul. How near Eagle Lake? Which direction? I'll be west if Eagle Lake this weekend
This was just NE of Eagle Lake, almost to A****er Prairie Chicken NWR.
Post removed:
by user
DUman08
AG
11 for 3 of us. Should have had couple more but still killed about all we saw. Man glad this season wraps up this weekend. Hope this is not an omen for big duck season.
OnlyForNow
AG
4 for 6 in Simonton.
bmfvet
AG

Snuck a hunt in Tuesday morning east of Laredo. Ended up with a limit but had to jump shoot to get the last two. The birds were flying the first 20 minutes of legal shooting time and then nada.
Cedar09
4 man limit in Blessing today took 20 minutes. A few greenwing mixed in, also saw a few pintail too.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.