Outdoors
Sponsored by

sofa tables and desks

3,221 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SoulSlaveAG2005
agrams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A few sofa tables I finished. One is a mesquite slab an aggie provided. I just did the base and finished up the top with some mild turquoise inlay:

Another is a walnut hall/sofa table, but I did a tree trunk style base.

Another project I am working on to consume some on hand inventory is a cherry desk. The top is a curved joint between two curved boards. I decided I wanted the skirt on the desk to mirror the curve of the top, so I did some bent lamination glue ups from natural edge cuts of some slabs from the same tree as the top:
The tops:

This is how the curved front would look with a straight skirt.. and I don't like it on the desk with the heavier curve:

ripping the stock for the glue up:

the skirt with a curve to match the edge of the top:

This is the plan, a lighter writing desk with curved drawer fronts:

The other desk top in the picture is going to be another cherry desk, but with raised panels and a block ATM carved panel in the front center (no bevel!)

I also got some slabs delivered from a vacation I took with the family a month ago to hawaii. These will both turn in to desks.

Monkeypod:

I dont show it in the pic, but I have a 30" section of the slab cut off and I am going to do a waterfall desk with some cabinets from that slab, similar to this on the joint/end:

Mango:

I also ordered some koa slabs for a desk I am making. It will be koa veneer panels, koa framing, koa bookmatch top.

The koa slabs:

They will have some insane figure:

This is the model for the desk:

Also, a dresser in progress that I just got all the dovetails cut for the drawers....

Hmm... I think I may be biting off more than I can chew.. but I am getting there. I also have a mesquite humidor for boogs hidden in there that he has been insanely patient with me on.

edit to add, also doing a small mesquite burl cigar tray which should be really cool. I found a piece of mesquite with some crazy cool grain:

LGAggie
AG
Very nice!
giddings_ag_06
AG
Dang, you be talented.
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
agrams, you are truly a craftsman. Beautiful work as always, thanks for sharing.
Milwaukees Best Light
TwoMarksHand
txaggie_06
AG
those are awesome!
Trolley Problems
Beautiful. Going to need to talk to you about a desk and possibly a coffee table when our house is done next year.
Aggieangler93
rednecked
AG
amazing and inspirational as always. Monkeypod is an awesome wood. I made a cutting board with monkeypod and maple and I can't get over how the grain of the monkeypod looks.
drummer0415
AG
I am fully convinced agrams does not sleep. That's the only way he has enough time to produce the output that he does.

Well done as always man.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Can't wait to see the Mango put to use
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
agrams
AG
finishing up a curly maple humidor I donated for the gofundme for Cory Toombs cancer treatment that got spun up on the football board. It was mainly finished already, but I added a tray in it per the donor's request.

SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Looking good!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.