Outdoors
Sponsored by

umm.. there's a dead alligator in the back of my truck..

32,925 Views | 149 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Charismatic Megafauna
zooguy96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Badace52 said:

Tegus are not monitor lizards. They are a prime example of convergent evolution.

Thanks. Lizard morphology not one of my strong suits.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
Tagguy
AG
studioone said:

trouble said:

The OP is kind of an odd dude so I don't think he was trolling.

Odd? How?
Pretty much everyone who posts in here is a bit odd. Not GB odd but still a bit odd.
cupofjoe04
AG
Tagguy said:

studioone said:

trouble said:

The OP is kind of an odd dude so I don't think he was trolling.

Odd? How?
Pretty much everyone who posts in here is a bit odd. Not GB odd but still a bit odd.

Page 5 bringing the TRUTH!!!
Goodest Poster
AG
Well, I think we can all agree that this thread is dead.....and needs to be re-established on NEXTDOOR.

Somebody in the burbs please tell the tale of the komodo dragon with deadly venom that killed the yorky. You got justice, but there are surely others out there cause you hear weird sounds at the site of the crime at night.
Rusty GCS
AG
Yelnick McWawa said:

Milwaukees Best Light said:

I did notice the feet don't look right for a gator. I attributed it to the animal getting rolled by the vehicle and likely messing them up. I thought that was more plausible than a 3' invasive reptile that I had never heard of loose before. Then we get a post about a dude in the area that has them. Who woulda guessed? Still holding onto the juvi gator theory, until we get better pics.

Whatever it is, no way am I picking it up and putting it in my truck, especially in August. Given enough beers and I might pick it up and put it in your truck though.

IT'S NOT A GATOR!!
Gators have a pen1s and tegus have a vagina
Max06
AG
Ag 11
AG
Wasn't even a gator

RightWingConspirator
AG
That might be the greatest gif I've ever seen.
reddog90
AG
Caesar4 said:

Fixing the link (hopefully)

htxag09
AG
I still can't believe the op found some lizard roadkill on the side of the road and decided the best course of action was to pick it up and load it in his truck.

What the actual ****.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Maybe he needed some new boots? Or a boot...or a pair of really nice flip flops?

I call shenanigans as well, how can you live in CS for 50 years and not know that a gator has a long nose? And not know about the one in the pond out by the reactor

Entertaining thread though!

Also terrifying to realize there was a Tegu roaming free, hopefully it recently got loose. I remember having a beer with Lee Fitzgerald about 15 years ago and him saying that when tegus get loose in Texas our native wildlife is done

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.