Outdoors
Sponsored by

umm.. there's a dead alligator in the back of my truck..

32,927 Views | 149 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Charismatic Megafauna
rhtexfish
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.google.com/amp/s/consequenceofsound.net/2015/05/injured-fan-sues-miguel-for-his-infamous-billboard-music-awards-leg-drop/
rhtexfish
AG
Ouch!

Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
I actually was going to suggest a monitor lizard but had no idea folks keep them as pets
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
That is a juvenile gator.
zooguy96
Milwaukees Best Light said:

It's not a juvenile gator. Notice the feet aren't webbed. And the toes are longer for climbing. I was going to say Savannah Monitor before the other poster said Tegu.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
zooguy96 said:

It's not a juvenile gator. Notice the feet aren't webbed. And the toes are longer for climbing. I was going to say Savannah Monitor before the other poster said Tegu.

Category: Animals
Competitors: Milwaukee's Best Light, zooguy96
Predicted winner: zooguy96
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Prune Tracy
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I did notice the feet don't look right for a gator. I attributed it to the animal getting rolled by the vehicle and likely messing them up. I thought that was more plausible than a 3' invasive reptile that I had never heard of loose before. Then we get a post about a dude in the area that has them. Who woulda guessed? Still holding onto the juvi gator theory, until we get better pics.

Whatever it is, no way am I picking it up and putting it in my truck, especially in August. Given enough beers and I might pick it up and put it in your truck though.
zooguy96
The scales are also wrong for a gator. Gators have much wider scales in the top. Definitely a monitor (tegu) with the smaller scales.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
OnlyForNow
AG
Add this to the highway finds thread.
lawless89
Imagine running into that sucker in the woods.
Naveronski
AG
Gangster Octopus said:

Yep, Tegu. My friend lives pretty close to Avalon (as the crow flies) and had one in their yard back in July. May be the same one.

This seems reasonably likely.
tamc93
AG
Damn we need hunting season and football to start... 4 pages on this?
FJB, FPA, and FAZ
agsalaska
AG
Solid thread!

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
ought1ag
AG
when i worked at the fire field back in the day our boss jumped on the radio right before lunch and told us all to grab trashcans and hurry up......pissed that we were missing lunch we were pleasantly surprised that he was just trying to corral one of these and some idiot had not mowed over a 500 count paper cups(again). ended up getting it into a can and someone had a dog kennel in the truck so we put it in there and took it to the animal shelter.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG

I did notice the feet don't look right for a gator. I attributed it to the animal getting rolled by the vehicle and likely messing them up. I thought that was more plausible than a 3' invasive reptile that I had never heard of loose before. Then we get a post about a dude in the area that has them. Who woulda guessed? Still holding onto the juvi gator theory, until we get better pics.

Whatever it is, no way am I picking it up and putting it in my truck, especially in August. Given enough beers and I might pick it up and put it in your truck though.

IT'S NOT A GATOR!!
KenAg06
AG
CE Lounge Lizzard said:

I think the real question now that the picture is posted is what does ursus say it is, & what is his suggestion on the best way to cook it.
username does not check out.
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
KenAg06 said:

CE Lounge Lizzard said:

I think the real question now that the picture is posted is what does ursus say it is, & what is his suggestion on the best way to cook it.
username does not check out.
PFG
AG
Let me make sure I have this timeline correct:

1) Approx 5am the OP states there is a dead, chopped up alligator in the bed of his truck. No details. OB, by thread title and first post, are lead to believe OP woke up and found it there.

Page 1 flips to page 2 before the OP ever revisits the thread to post.

2) EIGHT hours later OP comes back to post. Oh he picked up road kill. Put it in truck himself.

3) TWELVE hours later we finally get a photo, its not that gruesome, not bloody, and shocking - not a gator.

Yet somehow this wasn't a troll??

MK
BCStalk
PFG
AG
Only took you 6 min to respond. You're slacking on your TA stalking of my posts.
BCStalk
Yeah I'm out of state and cell service sucks. I'll try and do better
PFG
AG
4 min that time. Much improved.
Unemployed
AG
PFG said:

Let me make sure I have this timeline correct:

1) Approx 5am the OP states there is a dead, chopped up alligator in the bed of his truck. No details. OB, by thread title and first post, are lead to believe OP woke up and found it there.

Page 1 flips to page 2 before the OP ever revisits the thread to post.

2) EIGHT hours later OP comes back to post. Oh he picked up road kill. Put it in truck himself.

3) TWELVE hours later we finally get a photo, its not that gruesome, not bloody, and shocking - not a gator.

Yet somehow this wasn't a troll??

MK
Who cares...

Are you the OB thread police?

Naveronski
AG
OP is a troll. PFG is a troll.

We need common sense post reform.
PFG
AG
Yes
texAZtea
AG
Common sense post reform is one of the main issues I address in my platform for my Presidential campaign.

Visit texaztea2020.com for more info and to donate or volunteer!
Badace52
AG
100% tegu... actually an Argentine black and white tegu.

There is no question, this is the right answer. Page 12fmane if you want the experts confirmation.
CM
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Ok. I concede. I finally looked at the pic on my desktop computer and the scales are not gator scales at all.
However, I don't think this event ever happened. I think this was a MFBarnes troll job. Nobody is going to stop in August and pick that thing up, the story narrative doesn't follow, and the timeline doesn't either. Personally, I applaud the effort. I have a slow week and this was entertaining.
Kenneth_2003
AG
texAZtea said:

Common sense post reform is one of the main issues I address in my platform for my Presidential campaign.

Visit texaztea2020.com for more info and to donate or volunteer!
Won't be sustainable until you're TexAZ2Tea. Should get that changed then relaunch to much success.
trouble
AG
The OP is kind of an odd dude so I don't think he was trolling.
Badace52
AG
Tegus are not monitor lizards. They are a prime example of convergent evolution.
CM
studioone
trouble said:

The OP is kind of an odd dude so I don't think he was trolling.

Odd? How?

ANd for those of you who care,, I dont have a fancy phone like you guys have... I cant email or check posts here every thirty seconds like you apparently can.. I can only do it when im in front of a computer... which is every few hours...
Missouri Boat Ride
AG
flashplayer said:

Am I the only one impressed with how he maintains his composure and finishes his pose with no regard for human life?
This is the best part of the thread. A Super double thow down atomic leg drop and didn't miss a beat, literally.

trouble
AG
Just going off your posting history and a few folks I know who have met you.

Odd ain't necessarily bad.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.