Outdoors
Sponsored by

umm.. there's a dead alligator in the back of my truck..

32,924 Views | 149 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Charismatic Megafauna
Tagguy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
studioone said:

Fishin Texas Aggie 05 said:

I know there was a gator the the rangeland ecology range site back in '05(ish).

what color is it? it has big teeth? the head is unidentifiable?

I guess life finds a way

its a mottled black and white.. which doesnt match what i thought gators are... they're pretty solid colors, right?

I think at this point we all can agree that we need to see this even if it is pretty tore up.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
f burg ag
AG
studioone said:

Naveronski said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

rock08 said:

How do you know it's a "he"?
b/c he is an Aggieland board regular that sought gun advice here years ago when hogs were tearing up his wedding venue.

Right, I remember that.

OP posts about hogs
Students make plans to shoot hogs
Allegedly plan doesn't go through due to OP's personality
No profit
Personality? Seriously?

no.. i'm the most laid back person you'll ever meet.. to the point that it frustrates most people.. lol

The problem is that my neighbors used to be cool and would let me hunt on their place... but that was 14 years ago.. since then different family members took possession of the property and won't let me hunt there...

so we are regulated to my 7 acres that is in the shape of a pencil... long and narrow... so hard to use high velocity ammo... Neighbors have 4000 acres next door... so..

And.. the issue is, the pigs use my property as a game trail to get from neighbor to neighbor, and maybe once or twice a year they will stop on my property and tear it up...

so the odds of seeing a pig were so slim that people just gave up on coming out... I've owned the property for 14 years and have only shot two pigs, one of which was down the road on 159 about a quarter mile from my place... so you NEVER see them... just the wreckage left..

Now armadillos, on the other hand, right now i can find one just about every night...

HOWEVER.. i put up a short electric fence and the pigs stop right there and dont go past... i think i've had 2-3 times ive seen a pig hop over the fence but they dont go far, cause their friends wont go past the wire...

so this has been going on for almost a year... we'll see..... right now is about the time for them to visit... im the only one for miles around that waters their yard every night... so they have a nice soft place to dig...
When I read this, it is being narrated by Carl from Sling Blade.
Tagguy
AG
Also surprised that no one has suggested this may just be a Dikfer.
BurrOak
AG
Geez man just post the damn pic.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Quote:

its a mottled black and white.. which doesnt match what i thought gators are... they're pretty solid colors, right?
like this?

TexasAggie_02
AG
or like this?

PFG
AG
Staff please delete troll post and ban OP.
studioone
PFG said:

dude.. were you born rude or was this a gradual occurrence?

I was seriously trying to figure out what to do.. Ive never heard of an alligator being found in college station.. ever.. and ive lived here much longer than 90% of the people on this board..

if someone would tell me how to post pics ill do it.. but staff can delete it if they want..

I dont have a place to host a pic.... so if someone wants to send me an email i can send it to them and THEY can post it.

BenFiasco14
AG
Host on www.magaimg.net

1) go to website

2) hit upload

3) select photo

4) copy and paste .jpg link into TexAgs post

5) done
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Old Tom Morris
A.G.S.
AG
Studio, sent ya an email.

If ya want I can post the pics.
htxag09
AG
studioone said:

PFG said:

dude.. were you born rude or was this a gradual occurrence?

I was seriously trying to figure out what to do.. Ive never heard of an alligator being found in college station.. ever.. and ive lived here much longer than 90% of the people on this board..

if someone would tell me how to post pics ill do it.. but staff can delete it if they want..

I dont have a place to host a pic.... so if someone wants to send me an email i can send it to them and THEY can post it.
You started a thread basically saying there was a gator in the back of your truck and implying you don't know how it got there.

Come to find out, you picked up effing roadkill.

Don't feel sorry for you.
carl spacklers hat
Jeezuz H Christ, OP, post the gawd darned pic. Or send it over to someone with enought skills to do it for you. I've clicked on this freaking thread 10 times today expecting to see a dead alligator and I've been disappointed 10 times!

A.G.S.
AG

http://imgur.com/a/RCo1LXW

My imgur isn't cooperating on mobile, but this looks more like a monitor than a gator...
JM84
Definitely not a gator
BlueMiles
AG
Thanks for posting the pic.
A.G.S.
AG
Yeah, definitely not.

Small scales, leathery skin.

Escaped exotic?
Failed bbq experiment?
powerbelly
AG
PFG said:

Agree.
Caesar4
AG
Fixing the link (hopefully)
BullShot
AG
Definitely looks more like a monitor, like someone either got tired of having it as a pet or it just got out.
Unemployed
AG
BullShot said:

Definitely looks more like a monitor, like someone either got tired of having it as a pet or it just got out.
Yep...I'm 100% sure that I'm looking at a monitor.
cupofjoe04
AG
powerbelly said:

PFG said:

Agree.

Definitely don't agree. OP isn't trolling anyone. Thread could have been much shorter and direct, but I understand OP's hesitancy.
powerbelly
AG
cupofjoe04 said:

powerbelly said:

PFG said:

Agree.

Definitely don't agree. OP isn't trolling anyone. Thread could have been much shorter and direct, but I understand OP's hesitancy.
He is definitely trolling. He has been around long enough to know how to create a thread asking "what is this" and instead went for a dramatic troll.
cupofjoe04
AG
Yep, looks like a mangled monitor to me.

Local Wardens might be more interested in an escaped (possibly illegal?) exotic. But I'm not sure what they could possibly do since it has been removed for original location, and they will have virtually no evidence to go on.
cupofjoe04
AG
Well, you've got a better history and memory than I do.

All I know is I see PFG accusing someone of being a troll pretty frequently.

But I ain't going to bat for anyone on this thread. Troll, no troll, doesn't matter much to me.
88planoAg
AG
Coulda cross posted on the highway find thread.
Thisguy1
All PFG does is call people trolls and troll himself, all while blue starring every one of his posts. Then after all the attention whoring, he just tells people to ignore him. Kind of ironic.
Cuterebra
AG
That is a Black and White Tegu from Argentina. Obviously an escaped pet.

Now OP has to post photos around the neighborhood to let the owner know!

texAZtea
AG
This thread has been a perfect metaphor of my day.

fk this thread.
Old Tom Morris
As far as discussions of the OB going to crap, this was a straight-up General board thread.
malenurse
AG
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But, it's still on the list.
BCStalk
Is it deer season yet.
flashplayer
AG

Am I the only one impressed with how he maintains his composure and finishes his pose with no regard for human life?
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG

I think the real question now that the picture is posted is what does ursus say it is, & what is his suggestion on the best way to cook it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.