Outdoors
Sponsored by

umm.. there's a dead alligator in the back of my truck..

32,923 Views | 149 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Charismatic Megafauna
carl spacklers hat
How long do you want to ignore this user?

AZAG08
AG
Clicked on this so excited to see the pictures
Cromagnum
AG
BlueSmoke
Nobody cares. Work Harder
Ulrich
How much did OP drink last night?!
TexasAggie_02
AG
rock08 said:

How do you know it's a "he"?
b/c he is an Aggieland board regular that sought gun advice here years ago when hogs were tearing up his wedding venue.
PFG
AG
Another day, another OB troll.
Naveronski
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

rock08 said:

b/c he is an Aggieland board regular that sought gun advice here years ago when hogs were tearing up his wedding venue.

Right, I remember that.

OP posts about hogs
Students make plans to shoot hogs
Allegedly plan doesn't go through due to OP's personality
No profit
TexasAggie_02
AG
I don't remember that part. I know he bought guns and learned how to use them and hunted hogs.
rock08
AG
I was talking about the gator...

Something about a finger and a cloaca ...
Naveronski
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

I don't remember that part. I know he bought guns and learned how to use them and hunted hogs.

Perhaps my timeline happened before he bought his own guns?
texAZtea
AG
no updates.
A.G.S.
AG
Naveronski said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

rock08 said:

Right, I remember that.

OP posts about hogs
No profit
Granted it's been a while since I met the OP in person, but a few years back when he first offered to let people come shoot hogs on his place I took him up on it (was a good bit past being a student at the time), and I went and sat on the place a few times, ended up with as many pigs as giddings.

Never had any problem with OP's personality, and was grateful for the opportunity to hunt.

I stopped going cause with the size and shape of OP's property, and the proximity to a major road, it was more conducive to trapping, or having an on-site hunter. It was also a better bow or shotgun property, as there were limited directions I felt safe firing a rifle in.

Come to think of it I also got a woodburning stove from him not too long ago as well. Don't recall exactly, but I think he gave it to me for free.

ETA: seriously, where the eff are the updates to this story.
studioone

I'm taking measurements in a bit and i have pics but dont want to post them.. I'm then taking it over to the gamewardens office and see if it is a gator as its missing a good part of its head...

he was fresh roadkill.. so i didnt shoot him.. and normally i dont pick up roadkill but i've never seen an aligator in brazos county... although rumors have mentioned that they live in the brazos river..
Unemployed
AG
studioone said:

I'm taking measurements in a bit and i have pics but dont want to post them.. I'm then taking it over to the gamewardens office and see if it is a gator as its missing a good part of its head...

he was fresh roadkill.. so i didnt shoot him.. and normally i dont pick up roadkill but i've never seen an aligator in brazos county... although rumors have mentioned that they live in the brazos river..
Then this thread is useless.
cupofjoe04
AG
Unidentifiable animal remains, and stories that need explaining... this is precisely what the OB is designed for!!!
studioone
Naveronski said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

rock08 said:

Right, I remember that.

OP posts about hogs
No profit
Personality? Seriously?

no.. i'm the most laid back person you'll ever meet.. to the point that it frustrates most people.. lol

The problem is that my neighbors used to be cool and would let me hunt on their place... but that was 14 years ago.. since then different family members took possession of the property and won't let me hunt there...

so we are regulated to my 7 acres that is in the shape of a pencil... long and narrow... so hard to use high velocity ammo... Neighbors have 4000 acres next door... so..

And.. the issue is, the pigs use my property as a game trail to get from neighbor to neighbor, and maybe once or twice a year they will stop on my property and tear it up...

so the odds of seeing a pig were so slim that people just gave up on coming out... I've owned the property for 14 years and have only shot two pigs, one of which was down the road on 159 about a quarter mile from my place... so you NEVER see them... just the wreckage left..

Now armadillos, on the other hand, right now i can find one just about every night...

HOWEVER.. i put up a short electric fence and the pigs stop right there and dont go past... i think i've had 2-3 times ive seen a pig hop over the fence but they dont go far, cause their friends wont go past the wire...

so this has been going on for almost a year... we'll see..... right now is about the time for them to visit... im the only one for miles around that waters their yard every night... so they have a nice soft place to dig...
f burg ag
AG
RealTalk said:

studioone said:

Then this thread is useless.
Wait, what? I thought you found it in the back of your truck. But you picked it up as roadkill? So confused.

Even without a head, how could you not make out a gator?
PFG
AG
Don't feed the troll.
CowtownAg06
AG
There is a pond over by Easterwood that my buddy went swimming in back in 2005. After he got out, he saw a gator in there. Not the type to make up stories and knows his wildlife pretty well.
Cuterebra
AG
Quote:

Wait, what? I thought you found it in the back of your truck. But you picked it up as roadkill? So confused.
This is where the tale unravels. OP, definitely tell the GW exactly the same way you told us.

They like it when you switch your story up to keep them on their toes!
AZAG08
AG
Sounds like a wild night, and as the day goes on pieces of the story are slowing coming back to you!
studioone
I never said how it got there.. the fact that i was picking up fresh road kill isn't something i want publicized.. much.. kinda gross...

called the wildlife dept..asked if we had gators in college station and they said 'yep, actually fairly common'.... so i said 'i've lived here for 50 years and never heard of one being in cs... so im guessing ya'll dont want to see it or anything since its common',.. and they said 'nope, not interested'....

oh well... i thought i had found something interesting... but now i know not to skinnydip at central park,.
studioone
i dont think posting pictures of road kill should be put on the internet.... but if you want i can send someone pics....

it might not even be an alligator, but im not sure what else it could be... its a 4-5' long reptile found out in the country... it has big big teeth... but weird colors that dont match a gator.
TexasAggie_02
AG
a chupacabra?
jakeaggie84
AG
TX_AG_10 said:

This gif is more interesting than the gator.

Guy leg drops the girl on the left and face kicks the one on the right.

Where is this from?
Tagguy
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

a chupacabra?
Aoudad
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
jakeaggie84
AG
And look at the freaking heels on those girly boots he is wearing!
TexasAggie_02
AG
AZAG08 said:

Sounds like a wild night, and as the day goes on pieces of the story are slowing coming back to you!
A.G.S.
AG
studioone said:

i dont think posting pictures of road kill should be put on the internet.... but if you want i can send someone pics....

it might not even be an alligator, but im not sure what else it could be... its a 4-5' long reptile found out in the country... it has big big teeth... but weird colors that dont match a gator.
If ya found on 159 it's certainly possible it crawled out of Peach Creek.

We used to have em move into the stock tanks out of Bedias creek when we had a dry spell in north Walker county.
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
I know there was a gator the the rangeland ecology range site back in '05(ish).

what color is it? it has big teeth? the head is unidentifiable?

I guess life finds a way
Aggie Pharmer
AG
Found a GIF of OP...

studioone
Aggie Pharmer said:

Found a GIF of OP...

well thats rude...
studioone
Fishin Texas Aggie 05 said:

I know there was a gator the the rangeland ecology range site back in '05(ish).

what color is it? it has big teeth? the head is unidentifiable?

I guess life finds a way

its a mottled black and white.. which doesnt match what i thought gators are... they're pretty solid colors, right?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.