Outdoors
Sponsored by

NW80 rant!!

7,132 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by ttha_aggie_09
sunchaser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tie the braid over the mono. It makes a really smooth knot that will go thru the tip easily.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I do miss those random calls that were about 90% ranting about someone's post. Dr. Ware had an incredible knowledge of west Texas and I was always happy to take a random call from him.

I didn't know him personally but I helped post a few pictures for him one time and he treated me like a great friend after that. Really miss him and his knowledge
Lance in Round Mountain
AG
Sometimes in life, you run across people that have passed that you really wish you could've met, hung out with, and got to know better. Dr. Neel Ware is one of those guys.
Gilligan
AG
"Drue Neelley Ware died on Saturday, August 3, 2019 doing what he most loved to do: fishing with a friend."

Died fishing! Too young at 62, but he was doing what he loved...
ursusguy
AG
Lol. Funny this got popped back up here. I was just talking to my wife about NW80. I miss the old coot. My wife would laugh when I got the random call at 6:45 AM on a Sunday to bit-- about something you yahoos posted on here. Or accidentally ending up being the third wheel on a date (I tried telling him it was a terrible idea, but he wouldn't hear it). Or the highways between Dallas and Austin being glazed over, and not thinking a thing about inviting me his dinner party and insisting I spend the night at his house. But, when I texted him at 2:45 AM to say the hospital called to say they were in crisis mode with my dad, Neel was calling me at 2:46. ...and talked me through the next 30 minutes that were some of the hardest in my life. So two years ago when I saw AC's comment on here it was a kick in the gut. A couple days before, he called bit---- about being old and the recovery from knee surgery, but was looking forward to a trip to New Mexico.

Now a bit of other irony. The previous December I was out deer hunting. Literally, 10 seconds after popping a doe, my sister calls me but I could barely understand her. About a minute later my mom calls to see if I had talked to my sister, sort of. She tells me the symptoms and asked me to "call my doctor friend". Call Neel, briefly describe what going on and in fine NW80 fashion "get off the f--- phone with me and tell her to get to the damned hospital, sounds like she is having a God da-- pulmonary embolism". Turned out she was, and was less than an an hour from dying when she took herself to the hospital......then to add to that, I have nearly lost my wife twice in the last 16 months to pulmonary embolisms. Pulmonary embolisms are a bit...
TarponChaser
Doc was always willing to teach if you'd shut up and listen.
trouble
AG
Man, I miss his grumpy old self.
sunchaser
AG
I'm sorry to hear that Brett. We have lost too many posters or I would have known....
ursusguy
AG
Just realized my wording was bad. My sister is still alive, but only due to NW80 being his gruff self
Badace52
AG
Here. He was a great guy to sit and drink with and he was one hell of an intimidating attending back when I was in medical school.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Sorry you've been through all of that in the last two years but am glad everyone is okay.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.