Outdoors
Sponsored by

Meateater Podcast

2,073 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Watchful Ag
jefe95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.themeateater.com/listen/meateater/ep-177-poison-vs-choppers

With Carter Smith, exec director of TPWD

https://tpwd.texas.gov/about/administration-divisions/executive-office/executive-director

Interesting discussion about the great state
kmac30
AG
Yea, really enjoyed this. Covered a lot in a short amount of time.
TwoMarksHand
AG
I'm about halfway through...love MeatEater
Apache
AG
Carter comes from a long line of great Texans. My grandparents were married on the grounds of his grandparents house in Gonzales.... they were good friends for many years.

Some of y'all may know the house, it is currently under renovation & at one point made some list of the "scariest houses in Texas". It used to be practically covered over in vines & trees, this is a more recent picture in a more cleaned up state.

La Fours
AG
The picture on the TPWD website doesn't match what I was expecting from the voice on the podcast. In my head I pictured someone like Sam Elliott at age 45.
BullSprig07
AG
Interesting how coming to work for the Katy Prairie conservancy was what brought him back to Texas. Almost felt like leaving a comment, "well Mr. Smith I'm glad you were able to help save what you did but the prairie is still pretty much gone."

Not a slight against him, nothing was/is stopping Houston's sprawl. At least there will be a few patches left.
arrow
AG
La Fours said:

The picture on the TPWD website doesn't match what I was expecting from the voice on the podcast. In my head I pictured someone like Sam Elliott at age 45.
No joke, I just looked.
lazuras_dc
AG

Just ran across this one. Angela Perri, Anthropology prof at A&M
Watchful Ag
AG
Really good episode
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.